Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought the Cards did well. Now they have a RB, two good WR's and a QB to go with the whole mess.

Packers get an A- from me. Hodge and Hawk.....WOW!
Jennings looks like he's going to have a chance to be good, and Colledge fits the bill as well. My only ? was why they didn't take Eslinger instead of Spitz, especially after that corndog photo of his. Laughing
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my Bears should be kicked out of the league for selecting Danieal Manning with pick 42.

I like Hester, so we get a D-

But how can you not laugh at this organization

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers- A+

1.Vernon Davis
1.Manny Lawson
3.Brandon Williams

although the Williams pick is a little iffy i dont think we could have had a better first round.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Jaguars: B+

Lewis is a great pick and brings a new demension to the offense while filling a need long term. Jones brings depth and a new pace to the run and return game. Ingram is very underrated IMO and was a very solid pick, he fits the exact mold the Jaguars were trying to get in the replacement for Akin Ayodele. All 3 were very solid picks, but nothing extraordinary and we gave up our 4th to get Ingram which is why I went with the B+.

I agree

Lewis - B
Drew - A-
Ingram - B
#4 South Carolina Gamecocks 11-2
We didn't make the BCS?

Jags | Sharks | Lakers | Giants
Tapir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots:

Laurence Maroney: I, like most Pats fans, was a little skeptical when I saw Maroney and not DeAngelo Williams or Chad Jackson or Manny Lawson at 21. But now I realize how much potential the guy has, and if BB is convinced that he fits the system, he fits the system.
grade -- B+/A-

Chad Jackson: I am psyched as hell to have this guy on the team, I absolutely cannot see someone with his athleticism being a bust with Tom Brady throwing him the ball and from what I have heard he will pick up the offense well enough.
grade -- A

David Thomas: When my friend from Texas was skeptical about the Cowboys picking a TE in round 2, I told him, "Well the Patriots pick tight ends high all the time and it works out for them, don't worry about it." So I kind of had to eat my own words when I saw this one, but in the words of BB "You need 3 tight ends to run a 2-tight end set," and that is very true. Depth at TE can really help neutralize pass rush and balance out problems in the pass game. I was ticked we didn't nab Ko Simpson or Bing with this pick but they are both still available. The only guy gone now that we could have had here was Stovall, who I think will be a stud but it would be weird to take back to back WR anyway.
grade -- B

Overall very happy so far with this draft. Here's to some LBs and a safety on day 2.
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears=F-

got no one we needed
no help on our sorry offense
got backups with all our picks in which we didnt need backups
reached on all of our picks

worst draft ever
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I give an A+ to the Titans for getting number 3 (VY) and 4(LenDale) on my big board in the same draft.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the Dolphins draft so far. Allen is a great pick if the hup is OK, as Saban says it is, and he has access to a lot more infor about it than we do, so I trust him. Hagan has great hands, and IMO, will be a solid player for years.

And, Culpepper for 51 overall (Ryan Cook) doesn't sound so bad after all.
GoPhins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what the Dolphins did as well, after reading up on the picks. Considering their second round pick netted Culpepper I have no major complaints. I would have liked to have seen a d lineman, but hey that is why Saban is paid the big bucks, and no matter what it is better than anything that would have occurred if Wanny and Speilman were still at the helm.

B
ILuvMyAints123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacman=future wrote:
i like the titans draft of vince young and then lendale white
i give it an A

Certainly the boom or bust draft of the year.

Shock #26 Awe #25
Pick-The-Winner Contest Total: 620
Hiero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers
Davis A
Lawson A+
Williams B? Not really sure here

Cowboys
Carpenter - A
Fasano - B considering he will probably be a 16 game starter good pick
Hatcher - F passed on a lot of other good players that actually filled a need here on somewhat of a reach.

Texans - B+
pass on reggie bush, but get Mario. I thought Demeco ryans was a bad pick at first, but after seeing them get Spencer and Winston in the third rd it was a pretty good pick. Overall really good draft and filled a lot of needs. Winston could be a big steal.

Saints - B
Bush will maybe revitalize the franchise. Even though they got McAllister, Bush will get his carries and do a few other things. New orleans finally got a bigtime star. Very lucky for them here. The rest of the picks were average imo.

Patriots B
Chad Jackson was a steal at #36, and Maroney will be a big help to the offense.

Bills - F
Another draft year reminiscent of the jp losman fiasco. Whitner at #8 was a huge reach with good safeties still available in the 4th rd. Trading up for john mccargo was almost as bad an idea as trading up for JP losman .

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona-A. Sure, Lutui was a miss. But Leinart and Pope were both major steals, and Lutui, although he can't move, still wasn't a bad pick.

Atlanta- A. I may be too easy on them, but Jimmy Williams is a perfect fit next to Hall, who is sort of a mentor (off the field too) to Williams. Norwood was a solid round 3 pickup, and they got John Abraham.

Baltimore-C+. I really liked the Ngata trade-up and pick, but Chester was a major reach, and I think Pittman was a reach as well.

Buffalo- C. The trade-up was horrible for McCargo, and Whitner was a reach, but Youboty was a great pick and value. They added three guys who can start, so it isn't all bad.

Carolina-A-. Williams and Marshall were both good value picks and needs at RB and nickelback. Butler is a solid pick at OT, and Anderson is a very athletic player with potential, although IMO, he was a bit of a reach.

Chicago- D. This was a very bad draft, IMO. Three reaches. Manning isn't ready to play, and Hester won't contribute outside of returning for a while either. Dvoracek is an OK pick, but there were better DTs out there, IMO.

Cincinnati-B. Two solid values, two needs filled, two starters added. Plus Rucker who should be able to help out on D. Nothing special, but very solid.

Cleveland- B-. I didn't like the Travis Wilson pick, which brought the grade down a bit, but the first two were both very solid.

Dallas-B-. I don't like the reach on Hatcher in round 3 at all. Fasano and Carpenter were solid value picks, though, so B- seems fair.

Denver- B. I didn't like Scheffler over Pope at all, but getting Cutler and Walker was all they really needed to warrant a B. The fourth rounders will make or break this draft.

Detroit-A-. Some say that Sims was a reach, but I say that he's a perfect fit. They also added a perfect fit at S, and a good RB in Calhoun. Job well done. They filled holes, and got good value and fits.

Green Bay- B+. Adding Hodge and Hawk was awesome for them, plus they added a great fit in the ZBS in Colledge. I don't like the Jennnings pick that much, nor Spitz, who may end up as a decent starter, but doesn't have much potential there. Solid all-around, though. Remember, though, they lost Walker.

Houston- A. Winston and Spencer were both great values in round 3, and will beef up that OL majorly. Winston is a perfect fit. Ryans will eb a great leader at LB,a nd Williams will be a good DE for years. Great draft.

Indianapolis- C+. Addai is a good player, but was a bit of a reach there, even though he wouldn't have fallen much further than that. Jennings is a fit in round 2 thanks to his speed, but I still think that was a poor pick, espescially with Youboty available. And Keiaho was a major reach, which brought this down from a B/B- to a C+.

Jacksonville-B-. Three solid picks, and three needs filled. I think Lewis was a bit of a reach, as was Drew, but they still did a solid job.

Kansas City- B-. Hali was a solid pick and fit, and although I think Polalrd was a big reach, Croyle was a great value and pick.

Miami- A. Culpepper for 51 overall (Ryan Cook) sounds mighty nice, and Allen will be a good fit at safety if healthy, which Saban says he is. Hagan will be a solid number two. The picks are a B, but Culpepper makes this a lot higher of a grade, IMO.

Minnesota-C+. However, it isn't as bad as it looks. Greenway was a good pick, and I like Griffin too. Those alone warranted a B+ for me. However, a major reach on Cook, who I like, just not as a 2nd rounder, or even a Day 1 pick. That brought it down to a B- for me, and trading up to reach a bit on a project like Jackson in round 2 over Croyle and other better prospects is a poor move, IMO. Jackson is a good project QB, but a project QB in round 2 is a stretch. I also somewhat factored the Culpepper trade. All that said, I think Greenway is going to be a very good player.

New England- A-. I didn't like the Thomas pick, as I felt he was a reach, however, Jackson and Maroney were great picks filling large needs, and warrant an A, but the reach on Thomas brings it down a bit, espescially considering the fact that it wasn't a standout need (I know-Belicheck likes 3 TEs, but it's not enough to reach on someone).

New Orleans- B+. Bush gets them an A alone, but the Harper pick is a head-scratcher, honestly. I really didn't get it. He doesn't have much potential, and is really only going to be a solid player with great intangibles.

New York Giants- B+/A-. I was wavering between B+ and A-, so this was very close and I settled with both. The Sinorice Moss pick was an excellent one, and Wilkinson was also good value. Kiwanuka was a poor pick, IMO, as his skills don't seem to translate well to the NFL. However, with two second rounders and multiple DTs still around, they can definitely redeem that pick.

New York Jets- B+. I loved their round 1, where they landed a starter at LT and C. I also liked round 2, where they got a guy at QB who they like, and has talent (however, I don't trust Oregon QBs). However, in round 3, they reached on a situational run-stopping LB and an S. That brought the grade down. Don't forget that they also lost Abraham.

Oakland-B+/A-. Had they not drafted McQuistian in round 3, I would have given them a much higher grade. I loved both of the first two picks, which warranted As, but the third brought the draft down a bit.

Philadephia-A. I'm not a major Gocong fan, espescially outside of the 3-4, but it is a decent pick, and the first two were both very good. They got starters at DT and OT and top talent.

Pittsburgh-B-. They gave up a bit much perhaps for Holmes, but they added two major playmakers in he and Reid, and an interesting safety prospect in Smith. I didn't like the Smith pick, which brought it down a bit, but the Holmes/Reid picks and trade warranted a B or B+, IMO.

San Diego-A-. Cromartie was a risky pick, but a good one, as was McNeill. Whitehurst gives them a good future backup and an option if Rivers doesn't work out. I liked their draft a lot.

San Francisco-A. Davis and Lawson have a ton of physical talent and Williams is a solid receiver prospect. Couldn't have done much better here.

Seattle- B-. Two solid values filling two needs. However, Tapp is only a solid player and great backup. He doesn't really have star potential, so I took off a bit, as I am not a huge fan of his.

St.Louis- A. I would be upset only that they passed on Pope. Hill and Klopfenstein were solid values, but Wroten was a major steal. Alston and Byrd were good values. I liked the draft a lot. very complete.

Tampa Bay- B-. Davin Joseph is a good player, but was a small reach there, and Trueblood was a definite reach. Stovall was a solid value, so it's solid.

Tennessee- B. I don't really like the Young pick over Leinart. The White pick redeems that one, but I think Young was a poor pick.

Washington- B. A bit of a reach in McIntosh, but they fileld a need with solid value.
RedandGold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs

Hali reach at 20 could have gotten him at 30 B-
Pollard SS wasnt a big need and was also a reach C-
Croyle Potential but major injury history...offense needs starters not back ups C

Overall C+

Better picks
1 Joseph Hali (with a trade down) Jimmy Williams
2 Youboty Tapp Wroten
3 Watson Gilles Simpson Harris Adeyanju

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duxrule wrote:
I really thought the Cards did well. Now they have a RB, two good WR's and a QB to go with the whole mess.

Packers get an A- from me. Hodge and Hawk.....WOW!
Jennings looks like he's going to have a chance to be good, and Colledge fits the bill as well. My only ? was why they didn't take Eslinger instead of Spitz, especially after that corndog photo of his. Laughing

DUDE, YOU SAW THAT SPITZ PHOTO, TOO? He looks like he bites off chicken's heads in the CIRCUS...
BigD31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson...

OK Cards are #1.

GOOD JOB CARDS!

Must be nice cards fans.

Texans#2
9'ers #3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: