You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Fairley's future in doubt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Nick Fairley's future in doubt Reply with quote

Heart condition that existed pre-draft has reared it's ugly head apparently. No contact with teammates and he's not at OTAs.

Definitely a situation to monitor.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely horrible news. More than anything, I hope he can live a long and healthy life. Even if that means he has to quit football.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Absolutely horrible news. More than anything, I hope he can live a long and healthy life. Even if that means he has to quit football.

No doubt, but that would be a big hit to our line. He wasn't at Cam Jordan's level but outside of him Fairley was the best lineman we've had in a long time.

Obviously I hope he can return to football, but like you said he's gotta put his life first.
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks. Hopefully it turns out to just be a minor issue and he's still able to play. If he can't still play, at least hope that he can keep it in check and stay healthy.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I want him to do what is best for him. And that is walk away on his own while he has the option of making that choice. I no longer anticipate him being a Saint. But that is the least of the concerns. I wish him only the best. Seems like a good dude.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
saintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Personally I want him to do what is best for him. And that is walk away on his own while he has the option of making that choice. I no longer anticipate him being a Saint. But that is the least of the concerns. I wish him only the best. Seems like a good dude.
Well said

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Breesus mode

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:

100% this
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

100% this

Ok... I'll be that guy

First, Fairley should do what's best for him and his family and I wish him good health and long happy life.

Having said that... is anyone not questioning why this wasn't found before he was signed to a long term extension? Shouldn't the Saints doctors have caught wind of this? I mean he's had issues with his heart dating back to college so you cannot tell me that an NFL team about to sign him long term would not look into this very deeply.

It appears that didn't happen here. Was this yet another failure by our medical staff or was this brought on by the desperation within this front office to improve defensively?

As Saints fans the question of why this wasn't found before we inked Fairley to a big money deal should be asked and answered but once again any questions considered to be second guessing this front office never ends up getting asked.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

100% this

Ok... I'll be that guy

First, Fairley should do what's best for him and his family and I wish him good health and long happy life.

Having said that... is anyone not questioning why this wasn't found before he was signed to a long term extension? Shouldn't the Saints doctors have caught wind of this? I mean he's had issues with his heart dating back to college so you cannot tell me that an NFL team about to sign him long term would not look into this very deeply.

It appears that didn't happen here. Was this yet another failure by our medical staff or was this brought on by the desperation within this front office to improve defensively?

As Saints fans the question of why this wasn't found before we inked Fairley to a big money deal should be asked and answered but once again any questions considered to be second guessing this front office never ends up getting asked.

Soudns more like one of those conditions that are fine until they aren't. There were signs that at some point there might be problems, but you don't know when they might happen, or if they ever will.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stir the pot....stir the pot...

What I hear is anything and everything being looked at under that microscope of yours, Worm. Do get this wrong... I love ya man and look forward to your posts, as a majority of them are insightful and thought-provoking. But jeez man...what's to say that the FO had no idea the condition went South so quickly.

Sorry dude, spare me the conspiracy stuff...

EDIT: Oh, and I get it man. I do. You're fed up with the shenanigans of the FO and mainly SP. But.... it is what it is. And, it is frustrating.

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
stir the pot....stir the pot...

What I hear is anything and everything being looked at under that microscope of yours, Worm. Do get this wrong... I love ya man and look forward to your posts, as a majority of them are insightful and thought-provoking. But jeez man...what's to say that the FO had no idea the condition went South so quickly.

Sorry dude, spare me the conspiracy stuff...

EDIT: Oh, and I get it man. I do. You're fed up with the shenanigans of the FO and mainly SP. But.... it is what it is. And, it is frustrating.

Your a multi billion dollar organization who's about to invest millions into a player... Fairley has had heart condition issues dating back to Auburn. NO WAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS GOES UNCHECKED!!! There's no conspiracy here at all it's just the simple facts. This FO took another FA gamble and it appears (for the time being) that once again they craped out.

Yes it is frustrating... and I refuse to give this FO the benefit of the doubt. That time has passed. It's time for results, no more excuses and that's what this season is shaping up to be, one full of excuses.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Fairley put on non-injury reserve. He won't be playing in 2017.

Welp, we'll need to sign some vets or trade (Ingram, Anthony and Vaccaro seem like candidates) for a known commodity on our line.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
This FO took another FA gamble and it appears (for the time being) that once again they craped out.

Yes it is frustrating... and I refuse to give this FO the benefit of the doubt. That time has passed. It's time for results, no more excuses and that's what this season is shaping up to be, one full of excuses.
The FO got 1 really good year out of him, which is better than several of the other high-paid FA they signed.

So who was passed up on to gain Fairley? Did they really "miss" or did it just end up going bad. I mean, who should have been in there if it weren't Fairley?
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
This FO took another FA gamble and it appears (for the time being) that once again they craped out.

The FO got 1 really good year out of him, which is better than several of the other high-paid FA they signed.

So who was passed up on to gain Fairley? Did they really "miss" or did it just end up going bad. I mean, who should have been in there if it weren't Fairley?

Fairley was signed to a 4/28, 14 guaranteed, 3 mil hit first year

So probably not many.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Fairley was signed to a 4/28, 14 guaranteed, 3 mil hit first year

So probably not many.
Its yet to be seen what the Saints will pay of that, and what they may or may not be reimbursed for if he doesn't play.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: