Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TOOL???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: TOOL??? Reply with quote

Hey guys i just wondering what albums or songs by Tool i should download. I dont know much about them considering i just started listening to metal. So if i could get some feedback it would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing they suck Laughing

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you find that you like these songs then I suggest downloading all their material

from UNDERTOW
intolerance
prison sex
sober
bottom
disgustipated (track 69) fast forward to the 13:50 minute mark and hear a real cool story

from AENIMA
stinkfist
H
forty-six and 2
message to Harry Manbeck(personal favorite, not a song but a phone message)
AEnima

from Lateralus
The Patient
Mantra
Schism
Parabola
Ticks & Leeches
Lateralus
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
azazaz7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opiate:
Opiate
Hush

Undertow:
Prison Sex
Undertow
Sober
4 Degrees

Aenima:
Stinkfist
Eulogy
Pushit
Aemina
Third Eye

Lateralus:
Schism
Parabol/Parabola
Lateralus
Triad

10,000 Days:
Wings For Marie (Part 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)
The Pot
Right In Two

Just buy all their albums. It's too tough to narrow down the best songs on each album because the other stuff is fantastic too. The songs listed above would be my favorites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like them that much but, my sister is a HUGE fan of them. She just got tickets 2nd row to their upcoming concert here in Phoenix.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. they are not metal - they are more alternative - but I won't hold that against you since you are just getting into them

#2. they can't suck if they continue to put out great albums and sell tickets, bands that suck do not do these things.

#3. don't download everything, a few songs is cool but you need to buy their albums and support the bands - they don't make much from the albums as it is but when you rip and burn everything you really do hurt the band.

start with undertow and then progress forward - once you have them all go back and get opiate it's more of an ep but still very good.

all there albums kick butt and every song is part of the albums story - throw it in your home stereo crank up the volume get something to drink and kick back.

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of the bands profit comes from doing concerts not album sales. Unless of course they own their record label which many many bands do not. I'm not sure if Tool does but, I'm just saying in general.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
The majority of the bands profit comes from doing concerts not album sales.
that is because they get charged for materials and labor for the album production and that money comes from the 8% of sales they receive as part of the contract that they sign. (Unlike athletes most artists don't really have the option of negotiating contracts), so if it costs $25,000 to produce x number of albums and those albums make $200,000 then the artist gets $16,000 but still owe $9,000 to the label, fair eh?
Helter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
The majority of the bands profit comes from doing concerts not album sales. Unless of course they own their record label which many many bands do not. I'm not sure if Tool does but, I'm just saying in general.

I'm sure if Tool own their own label - I know they changed up recently - the big artists don't get picked apart so much as the smaller bands - it's true most of the money comes from tours and t-shirt sales etc.

I'm just really against piracy since a lot of my friends play in bands that are not on a big label and find their music on the net before they ever release it. like it was said above they still get a percentage of the album sales so it's good to help support the bands music - after all a majority of them are creating art not just a flavour of the month

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helter wrote:
#1. they are not metal - they are more alternative - but I won't hold that against you since you are just getting into them

#2. they can't suck if they continue to put out great albums and sell tickets, bands that suck do not do these things.

#3. don't download everything, a few songs is cool but you need to buy their albums and support the bands - they don't make much from the albums as it is but when you rip and burn everything you really do hurt the band.

start with undertow and then progress forward - once you have them all go back and get opiate it's more of an ep but still very good.

all there albums kick butt and every song is part of the albums story - throw it in your home stereo crank up the volume get something to drink and kick back.

First of all Tool is prog rock. Alternative would describe bands like the Foo Fighters, Fastball, and 311. Tool is much more similar to prog rockers like Dream Theater, only Tool is a bit heavier.

I do agree that you should buy the albums, not dl them. Not only does it help the group but their albums are just really cool - they offer some cool pics and interesting designs.
If you want to be a casual listener and don't want to completely immerse yourself in Tool, just go out and buy Lateralus. It's probably the most radio friendly of their albums but it also has a great amount of depth and creativity. If you like Lateralus, then go get/download the other albums. Like many Tool fans, I believe Aenima is their best, but Lateralus is a very close 2nd and will appeal to a newcomers more IMO.

Tool is a great band - if you're a musician or are into music theory they offer much more than the average artist because of the intricate and detailed effort they put into their albums. Tool is to modern rock what Kubrick was to the film industry.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
Barnett56

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like Tool, listen to Chevelle. Chevelle is better and has better lyrics.
azazaz7

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people arguing over what style of music they play? I couldn't care if it's prog, metal or alternative, to me it's just great music. Pigeon-holing bands is an easy way to identify who they're similar to but it doesn't change the fact that they are a great band who write great music.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
If you like Tool, listen to Chevelle. Chevelle is better and has better lyrics.

Chevelle is catchy, but listen to them over Tool only if you like your standard run-of-the-mill style radio rock.

Tool's lyrics make little sense to casual listeners, which is why some people might not like them. They always include a lot of metaphors, analogies, and obscure words and their songs often address subtle feelings or the bizarre.

If you want to take the time to broaden your musical taste and try something new and more complex, listen to Tool.

If you're looking for the recycled rock you hear all the time these days (intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge solo chorus chorus end) don't listen to Tool.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Tool song by far is Aenima.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Best Tool song by far is Aenima.

Quote:
Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.
my favorite line from the song "Aemima"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: