You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Draft Talk Thread Reply with quote

Alright guys, it's officially one day until the 2006 NFL Entry Draft, so I'm going to start this thread. In here, you can talk about anything about the draft, even if it may not concern the Eagles. This thread is here so you don't have to make a new topic every 30 seconds about something that isn't really that important. Tomorrow when the draft is in full swing and you have any ideas or comments or you just want to talk about the draft, post it in this thread.

Let's look forward to a great day tomorrow.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook

Last edited by Phreak on Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
eaglesflyers#1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in who the eagles draft....i mean were not the one meeting with all these different players to see who would fit in philly....the eagles FO is....all that we are going by is their college career and particular sucess at that one school...eagles knwo best about who they should get.
eaglesfan528

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Houston has signed Mario Williams. Don't think it will affect us too much but could really alter the top 6 or 7.
Iggles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will certainly alter the top of the draft, but it could seriously help us out, as someone is going to slip now. I think we should move up if we can to try to snag Ngata or Bunkley (I prefer Bunkley, but either would be good). If we stay where we are, Justice may slip, and he'd be a great pick there, but right now I think we have to move up.
BOXoROX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the Saints will trade that second pick away now. If so it could effect the first round a lot.

Thanks to ok go26 for the sig.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOXoROX wrote:
I'm thinking the Saints will trade that second pick away now. If so it could effect the first round a lot.

Yea apparently the Saints phones are off the hooks. I don't think any team in the league had Williams over Bush (not even the Texans-haha). I think this could help us and here is how I see it:
1)Mario Williams-boy am I glad I'm not a Texans fan
2)Saints trade back with the Jets, who are in desparate need of a marquee player--so Bush
3)Titans-Young or Leinart- I personally think it will be Leinart but who knows
4)Saints(from the Jets)-AJ Hawk- apparently they love him
5)Packers-this is the wild-card-but it would be nice if they went with Vernon Davis
6)49ers- lost there man Davis, but go with Huff
7)raiders-get whoever Titans don't want between Young and Leinart, I don't think Cutler is even option here though (a player the media sound a lot better than he was-esp. at the Senior Bowl)
Cool Buffalo-might want to with D'Brick or even trade here- I think the Eagles can move up to this spot- with their choice of Ngata, D'Brick, and Bunkley-In my opinion, I would like the Eagles to take D'Brick or Ngata, but Bunkley would also be great options-I think this would be a win-win situation-but let's say the Bills then draft D'Brick
9)Detroit-another Team that needs o-line/all over- I think they would go with Justice (they just lost Stockar McDougle) unless D'Brick falls
10)Arizona-Green needs a qb (I had to look it up they have Navarre or Rohan Davey-hahahah) they lost McNown to Detroit- Jay Cutler
11)St. Louis- another wild-card team since their D is horrible-I think Bunkley, Ernie Sims or Greenway could be the pick-I hope they go with Sims, but I don't know how this new regime works (Eagles could also trade up here)
12)Cleveland- If Bunkley is still there they take him, but if he is gone might go with his teammate Wimbley- a pretty good OLB prospect in a 3-4
13)B-more-Unfortunately, I don't think that Ngata will slide past them, Ray Lewis has been complaining about a lack of talent infront of him and they should give him his wish-so the Eagles definitely need to trade to draft before B-more (something I think they have ammunition to do)

I hope I didn't seem bias to the Eagles by letting so players that would fit nicely into our system fall, but this is how I seriously think the first 13 picks might go. In my opinion, I would like to trade with Buffalo it might cost a little more but we would get to choose between D'Brick, Ngata, and Bunkley.
Here is the math:
8th pick (1500) = 14th pick (1100)+ 75th pick (215)+ 116th pick (62)+ a player (maybe Hollis Thomas).

I don't know, lend me your opinions.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandylandBills wrote:
BOXoROX wrote:

Yea apparently the Saints phones are off the hooks. I don't think any team in the league had Williams over Bush (not even the Texans-haha). I think this could help us and here is how I see it:
1)Mario Williams-boy am I glad I'm not a Texans fan
2)Saints trade back with the Jets, who are in desparate need of a marquee player--so Bush
3)Titans-Young or Leinart- I personally think it will be Leinart but who knows
4)Saints(from the Jets)-AJ Hawk- apparently they love him
5)Packers-this is the wild-card-but it would be nice if they went with Vernon Davis
6)49ers- lost there man Davis, but go with Huff
7)raiders-get whoever Titans don't want between Young and Leinart, I don't think Cutler is even option here though (a player the media sound a lot better than he was-esp. at the Senior Bowl)
Cool Buffalo-might want to with D'Brick or even trade here- I think the Eagles can move up to this spot- with their choice of Ngata, D'Brick, and Bunkley-In my opinion, I would like the Eagles to take D'Brick or Ngata, but Bunkley would also be great options-I think this would be a win-win situation-but let's say the Bills then draft D'Brick
9)Detroit-another Team that needs o-line/all over- I think they would go with Justice (they just lost Stockar McDougle) unless D'Brick falls
10)Arizona-Green needs a qb (I had to look it up they have Navarre or Rohan Davey-hahahah) they lost McNown to Detroit- Jay Cutler
11)St. Louis- another wild-card team since their D is horrible-I think Bunkley, Ernie Sims or Greenway could be the pick-I hope they go with Sims, but I don't know how this new regime works (Eagles could also trade up here)
12)Cleveland- If Bunkley is still there they take him, but if he is gone might go with his teammate Wimbley- a pretty good OLB prospect in a 3-4
13)B-more-Unfortunately, I don't think that Ngata will slide past them, Ray Lewis has been complaining about a lack of talent infront of him and they should give him his wish-so the Eagles definitely need to trade to draft before B-more (something I think they have ammunition to do)

I hope I didn't seem bias to the Eagles by letting so players that would fit nicely into our system fall, but this is how I seriously think the first 13 picks might go. In my opinion, I would like to trade with Buffalo it might cost a little more but we would get to choose between D'Brick, Ngata, and Bunkley.
Here is the math:
8th pick (1500) = 14th pick (1100)+ 75th pick (215)+ 116th pick (62)+ a player (maybe Hollis Thomas).

I don't know, lend me your opinions.

The 49ers could be the team to move up and grab Bush. They do have those two first rounders.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Element

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets have two first rounders too, from the Abraham trade.

The Jets and San Fran are the two most likely to trade up, from what I'm hearing.

Apparently, the Jets have offered their two firsts and a 2nd to move up, and New Orleans is seriously considering that deal.

Yikes... I've got butterflies already.

Believe.
One Team.
One City.
One Dream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Element wrote:
The Jets have two first rounders too, from the Abraham trade.

The Jets and San Fran are the two most likely to trade up, from what I'm hearing.

Apparently, the Jets have offered their two firsts and a 2nd to move up, and New Orleans is seriously considering that deal.

Yikes... I've got butterflies already.

I am still convinced the Jets need a QB that has the ability to come in and start. Pennington is one play away from being out of football and I am realy not sold on him being a "franchise" QB in this league.
The Jets have the a chance to get that QB as well as a RB latter in round one. One of the following will be available D. Williams, Maroney, White or even Joseph Addai. Plus I don't think anyone is ready to jump into contract talks with the Bush camp at this point.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Jets will be the one to move up. They need fan support in a big way after an abyssmal 2005-2006 season. I think they move up and take Bush, with Hawk going at 4.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, the best possibly scenerio for us is that the three big QBs are selected in the first 11 picks. That way it's pretty much assured that either of the two DTs or Justice fall to us. Yes, as much as I dislike the idea of drafting an OT in the first (I think it puts pressure on us to grade a DT and SLB later in the draft and doesn't allow us the opportunity to select one of the super guards in this draft to replace Hicks), Justice is too good to pass up at that pick.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Justice is too good to pass up at 14, but I'd still rather get a DT. Justice, however, has the talent to be a franchise LT in the NFL. It would be worth it getting him there. Bunkley, however, is on the top of my board.
SIERK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but I've reached the point of overanalysis.

1. Is Bunkley another Mamula? He shot up the boards after the season was over partly due to his 225 reps.

2. Did Ngata really get dominated by Fred Matua?

3. Does Winston Justice care enough about football?

I'm starting to see more of the downsides of guys.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Bunkley is not another Mamula. He set the FSU record for tackles for loss at 25 last season. That's stunningly good. Also, Ngata didn't get dominated by Matua, he was doubled all game, and most DT's who get double-teamed are only double-teamed because they're such a threat. Ngata is such a threat. However, I agree that Justice may have too many character issues. Still, I think his upside is so great he won't fall past 14. He has the skill to become one of the best ever.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOD IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Lendale White gets busted for illegal substance at combine!!
Source Pro Football Talk .com

Birdman, slowest to 10K

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: