Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How have the bears done?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade would you give the Bears so far this offseason?
A
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
B
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

bears247

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: How have the bears done? Reply with quote

I think bringing in Moose was a great move. He had more catches, TDs, and yards that Moss, Owens, or Harrison last year, and many experts say he is one of the crispest route runners in the NFL, he also is one of the best blocking recievers in the game today and never drops a ball. Fred Miller was a good sign too. Dominant run blocker, moves Tait to the left side, maybe slides in Q Mitchell at guard, where he might be more effective. Also, Angleo waited so we got him at a decent price for a good OT. Another great offseason move was cutting David Terrell, he was a cancer.

I think the bears need to draft well to really be ready to make a push at a championship, but so far in free agency i think they've done well. I give them an A becuase they are bringing in proven players who will provide some stability and leadership on the offensive side of the ball.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the cap restrictions I really dont thinbk we could have done better this offseason.
If we take any of the 4, Edwards, Brown, DJ or Benson I will be happy with the draft ( if we dont go RB 1st round we have to 2nd tho) and mega exited about next season as I feel we have the most talent in the north.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone of the following scenarios on draft day make us a playoff team:

Rd. 1 Mike Williams
Rd. 2 Ciatrick Fason
Rd. 4 OLB/SS

Rd. 1 Derrick Johnson
Rd. 2 Fason/ Roddy White
Rd. 4 Matt Jones/ Frank Gore

Rd. 1 Trade down say to the 9-14 range: Heath Miller
Rd. 2 Fason/ David Bass
Rd. 2 Ernest Shazor/ JJ Arrington
Rd. 4 BPA at the need we didn't meet

I love Mike Williams to death, but the scariest thing just happened-- One of the best scenarios of players would be Miller/Fason.Shazor/WR in the 4th looks like we would have an amazing draft, but a trade down scares me. I am confident that Angelo will find us another solid player from rounds 3-5, its the first two rounds that scare me.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: