You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Raiders should sign Tebucky Jones

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBigE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: The Raiders should sign Tebucky Jones Reply with quote

With signing of dwight smith, the saints are expected to release tebucky jones. This is the perfect guy for the Raiders to jump on. He isn't a big playamker and he isn't young so he should come pretty cheap. But he is still young enough so that we aren't concerned about his play getting bad due to age right away. He might not be a ballhawk who changes games but he is a smart veteran and he cover good ground. I can tell you how many plays our safeties have messed up over the last couple years and given offenses big plays. We've really been missing Rod Woodson and other guys like Derrick Gibson and Stuart Schweigert who constantly make mistakes really hurt our defense. Weve got pretty good corners but our safety play has been horrendous. I think the Raiders need to find a way to get Jones on the team. If we do that, then all that really left to worry about is LB and maybe DE.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Raiders should sign Tebucky Jones Reply with quote

TheBigE wrote:
With signing of dwight smith, the saints are expected to release tebucky jones. This is the perfect guy for the Raiders to jump on. He isn't a big playamker and he isn't young so he should come pretty cheap. But he is still young enough so that we aren't concerned about his play getting bad due to age right away. He might not be a ballhawk who changes games but he is a smart veteran and he cover good ground. I can tell you how many plays our safeties have messed up over the last couple years and given offenses big plays. We've really been missing Rod Woodson and other guys like Derrick Gibson and Stuart Schweigert who constantly make mistakes really hurt our defense. Weve got pretty good corners but our safety play has been horrendous. I think the Raiders need to find a way to get Jones on the team. If we do that, then all that really left to worry about is LB and maybe DE.

exactly....i think getting a vet safety who understands the game better than younger players.....will be a plus.....kinda like when the Raiders got Ronnie Lott and Woodson. The need veteran leadership their. A pass rusher /OLB.....like Blackstock would be a good pick in the 2nd round....IF he is still there. Raiders should look at Sammie Knight or Tebucky Jones.....i can live with either...
Juan00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Raiders should look at Sammy Knight or Tebucky Jones

They're both strong safeties. You can't pair either of these guys, especially Knight, with Marques Anderson.

I really like Stuart Sweigert as the FS. He took his lumps last year and Ray Buchanon made him look bad on some blown coverages. Anderson is a liability on pass plays, but is a great run stuffer (had more than a few jarring hits that produced turnovers or loss of downs.

So, say Oakland signs Knight or Jones (I like Knight better, btw) do you get rid of Anderson (who is basically a younger Sammy Knight) and Derrick Gibson as well? I'm eager to get rid of Gibson no matter what happens.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Juan00 wrote:
Quote:
Raiders should look at Sammy Knight or Tebucky Jones

They're both strong safeties. You can't pair either of these guys, especially Knight, with Marques Anderson.

I really like Stuart Sweigert as the FS. He took his lumps last year and Ray Buchanon made him look bad on some blown coverages. Anderson is a liability on pass plays, but is a great run stuffer (had more than a few jarring hits that produced turnovers or loss of downs.

So, say Oakland signs Knight or Jones (I like Knight better, btw) do you get rid of Anderson (who is basically a younger Sammy Knight) and Derrick Gibson as well? I'm eager to get rid of Gibson no matter what happens.

i would get Knight and plug him in as the staring SS right away...and then possibly cut Derrick Gibson...because i believe he is more expensive than Anderson and Scwheigert...and then they can free up cap room. They should resign Jarrod Cooper though...he is good on special teams....i just don't trust Gibson.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: