You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Winds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsIn05

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Trade Winds Reply with quote

Apparently the Rams are extremely interested in Jay Cutler, and know that should he be there the Cards will take him at 10, so they are trying to move up with either the Bills or, yes, your Detroit Lions. So heres my question, if you were forced to make a selection right now, not on draft day, would you trade down with the rams(11th overall) and gain a second rounder, or would you wait it out and trade on draft day for 11 and a 3rd, or would you rather not trade at all and take your chances at Michael Huff being there at 9.

CONFIRMATION: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2422731&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft06%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2422731%26lpos%3dspotlight%26lid%3dtab3pos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait untill draft day to see if Huff is there, and whether he is or isnt I wouldnt trade for anything less than a 2nd + another pick. If they really want him that bad they will be willing to give up something for him, and if they trade up with the bills thats one less team we have to worry about taking huff.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be an interesting decsion and a tough one. But why would they want Cutler bulger isn't that old. But if it is true i would make it if huff is gone, if not take Huff. However, this is the best trade i have heard so far. It is a possiblity to take Huff at 11. At 9, St. Louis takes Cutler, 10 Justice, 11 Huffster. And it is an early second round pick. Interesting trade senario

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
mattmc20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
it would be an interesting decsion and a tough one. But why would they want Cutler bulger isn't that old. But if it is true i would make it if huff is gone, if not take Huff. However, this is the best trade i have heard so far. It is a possiblity to take Huff at 11. At 9, St. Louis takes Cutler, 10 Justice, 11 Huffster. And it is an early second round pick. Interesting trade senario

OR...out of spite, the Cards take Huff to get back at the lions for making them lose Cutler? Or...another team trades up with the Cards and gets huff in front of us. While it is highly unlikely since they would then only have one draft pick in the first day, the Baltimore Ravens LOOOOOVE Huff, you can read their message boards to confirm that. They would love to have a shot at him, or i'm sure there are a couple other teams that feel the same way
mattmc20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:

OR...out of spite, the Cards take Huff to get back at the lions for making them lose Cutler? Or...another team trades up with the Cards and gets huff in front of us. While it is highly unlikely since they would then only have one draft pick in the first day, the Baltimore Ravens LOOOOOVE Huff, you can read their message boards to confirm that. They would love to have a shot at him, or i'm sure there are a couple other teams that feel the same way

I just thought about his as i hit the submit button. Do you think the whole Cutler thing is a smokescreen to get Huff? It is no secret they like Huff, AND they are constantly projected to take Jimmy Williams with the number 11. They have Bulger, so why would they want Cutler? Think about that for a minute, using cutler to get ahead of the lions so they can take Huff....makes sense to me.
classythomasj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with mattmc...i was just thinking that. St. Louis trading up to add much needed help for thier secondary while pretending to go for a QB and then saying oops the owner overrode us and said take huff?
joeywetsthebed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

classythomasj wrote:
I agree with mattmc...i was just thinking that. St. Louis trading up to add much needed help for thier secondary while pretending to go for a QB and then saying oops the owner overrode us and said take huff?

sure, if the rams move up and take huff instead of cutler, it might be sneaky, but then who's sitting at 11 with an extra 2nd rounder? It could be real easy to trade back again from 11 to 20-25 and pick up another 2nd, no? I say this trade would be a win-win, even if we don't end up huff, there's a lot of talent left in the second.
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you gamble on Huff being there, because Green Bay (in a trade down), San Francisco, Oakland, and Buffalo will all look at taking him - not to mention any team that trades up with one of those teams to get Huff.

I say take the second. That would give them a lot of draft-day ammunition, and a little more flexibility in player quality.

Put it this way - would you rather have Huff and Davin Joseph, or Sims, Ko Simpson, and Davin Joseph? I'd rather have the latter.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
mattmc20 wrote:
Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:

I just thought about his as i hit the submit button. Do you think the whole Cutler thing is a smokescreen to get Huff? It is no secret they like Huff, AND they are constantly projected to take Jimmy Williams with the number 11. They have Bulger, so why would they want Cutler? Think about that for a minute, using cutler to get ahead of the lions so they can take Huff....makes sense to me.

In the NFL, or in any pro sport it isnt a great idea to trade with a team and say that you are targeting one player to take the guy you know they want. You dont want to backstab a team that you may have to do buisness with down the road. Sure they could land huff, but they would jeapordize their creadibility.
osiris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down. There are other good DBs in the draft. Don't wait til draft day. A team with a higher pick might be more willing to trade then. Get what you can while its there.
nb5005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Huff were available I would trade our 9 for the 11 and 46 because of the two picks. We take our chances and expect Arizona to pass on Huff heck I say we trade our 3rd rounder to make sure we get Huff if Arizona is thinking about taking him.
Lions would have:
10 (Mike Huff)
40 (D'Qwell Jackson)
46 (Mercedes Lewis)
5th,6th,7th
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
Even if Huff were available I would trade our 9 for the 11 and 46 because of the two picks. We take our chances and expect Arizona to pass on Huff heck I say we trade our 3rd rounder to make sure we get Huff if Arizona is thinking about taking him.
Lions would have:
10 (Mike Huff)
40 (D'Qwell Jackson)
46 (Mercedes Lewis)
5th,6th,7th

trading back up for Huff at #10 wouldnt be bad if we only give up a 3rd, but to use the pick on Marcedes Lewis in the 2nd round? i dont agree with, maybe if he's there in the 3rd i'd take him if we had a 3rd rounder, but at #46 im looking more at a Davin Joseph or Taitusi Lutui there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firtst off id have the latter on that sims and whoever or huff. I do not want the Lions to get Sims. He shot up the board because of a 40 and those are usually busts. Plus he has had 5 concussions. This guy is not gonna last.
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its more of a smoke screen to get Minnesota to trade up with St. Louis, but what do I know? Bulger is a system QB to, so it could happen... I don't really think so though, Marc is still very young.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: