You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodson to Green Bay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Woodson to Green Bay Reply with quote

Charles Woodson has just signed a 7-year, 52 million dollar contract with the Green Bay Packers. It was just reported on ESPN. Some people thought we might be able to bring him here, but it looks like we'll be seeing a lot of him for a long time. I'm glad we didnt offer him that kind of contract. How do you guys feel about this?
Ice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Woodson to Green Bay Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Charles Woodson has just signed a 7-year, 52 million dollar contract with the Green Bay Packers. It was just reported on ESPN. Some people thought we might be able to bring him here, but it looks like we'll be seeing a lot of him for a long time. I'm glad we didnt offer him that kind of contract. How do you guys feel about this?
I'm glad it was a divison rival,because that kind of money will keep them from the FA market somewhat next season. It is also probably just a matter of time until he gets hurt again anyways.
classythomasj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he going to play CB or safety? I know they need help at both but with Carrolls struggles do you think they sign him to CB to move Carrol back to Nickel?
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classythomasj wrote:
Is he going to play CB or safety? I know they need help at both but with Carrolls struggles do you think they sign him to CB to move Carrol back to Nickel?

I'm pretty sure he is going to play CB. I know that it was between Green Bay and Tampa, and Tampa wanted him to play FS. He still thinks he can be a shut down corner so thats probably a big reason why he went to Green Bay knowing that they would let him play that position.
classythomasj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay still has is it Al Harris on the other side? That could be a good one two punch with him and Woodson. Now if GB has safetys I would be scared.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbest move all off season, his is a good player, but that money for a player who could easily get injured is just foolish. It would have been a good contract if it was something like 2-3 years for around 10-12 million. Can he last till the end of this mostrous contract?

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
dumbest move all off season, his is a good player, but that money for a player who could easily get injured is just foolish. It would have been a good contract if it was something like 2-3 years for around 10-12 million. Can he last till the end of this mostrous contract?

There's a rumor going around that he didn't get a signing bonus.

Quote:
Green Bay still has is it Al Harris on the other side? That could be a good one two punch with him and Woodson. Now if GB has safetys I would be scared.

Nick Collins.
Marquand Manuel came in and played almost shutdown in his first ear starting adter Hamiln went down. He is poised and very confident as he played well in the Playoffs- helping shut down Steve Smith- and helping the Seahawks make the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Quote:
classythomasj wrote:

I'm pretty sure he is going to play CB. I know that it was between Green Bay and Tampa, and Tampa wanted him to play FS. He still thinks he can be a shut down corner so thats probably a big reason why he went to Green Bay knowing that they would let him play that position.

He has everything right, but to answer the last question- yes. Carrol and Hawkins will compete for the Nickel slot and to the loser- the dime slot.
I'm sure Carrol won't get it handed over and will have to fight off Hawkins and maybe a rookie.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
classythomasj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Nick Collins.
Marquand Manuel came in and played almost shutdown in his first ear starting adter Hamiln went down. He is poised and very confident as he played well in the Playoffs- helping shut down Steve Smith- and helping the Seahawks make the Super Bowl.

Ok so after looking at the roster its going to go
Harris at CB Collins at S Manuel at S and Woodson at CB...

did not know that. But that's not too scary...i think.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: