Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revised Mock Draft 2 Rounds w/explanations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Hows the mock?
Good
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Bad
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Revised Mock Draft 2 Rounds w/explanations Reply with quote

Trades – New York Jets trade #4, #29, and #71 overall to Houston for #1.

1. New York Jets - Reggie Bush, RB, USC Need to replace an aging Curtis Martin. A talent like Bush could help open up the passing game for Pennington.

2. New Orleans – D’Brickshaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia Seem to be going after offense this year with the signings of Brees and Bennet.t Also new coach Sean Payton is offensive minded coach being a former O-Coordinater.

3. Tennessee – Vince Young, QB, Texas Need to replace McNair. Big decision between Leinart and Young. Coaches on the team seem to want Leinart but front office wants Young. In the end I think the front office will influence the pick more.

4. Houston – Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St Need a lot of help on both D and O line, but at this point Mario Williams would be a great fit for them.

5. Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio St Their pass defense was surprisingly best in the league last year, but their run D needs a lot of help. Hawk is the pick for them.

6. San Francisco - Michael Huff, DB, Texas Yes I know you niners fans aren’t going to be happy passing on Davis, but I think defense is their bigger issue and Huff looks like a great fit here. Pretty deep TE draft this year, they might have a shot of grabbing someone good with their 84th overall.

7. Oakland – Broderick Bunkley, DT, FSU With Ted Washington leaving and Warren Sapp aging and his production is declining. Bunkley would be a great pickup for the Raiders here.

8. Buffalo - Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland Great pickup here at 8 for the Bills. After losing Moulds, the Bills will need an offensive playmaker to help Losman develop.

9. Detroit – Matt Leinart, QB, USC Leinart sliding down to 9 could be a surprise, but it could happen. If the Titans pass on him I don’t see any of the following teams up to this point needing a QB. The Lions need a great QB to justify signing WR’s in the first round the past three years. Kitna is just a short term replacement.

10. Arizona – Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt Maybe a little bit early for Cutler, but the Cardinals need a QB for the future to be able to keep up their amazing passing attack with Fitzgerald and Boldin. Kurt Warner is aging and wont be around much longer.

11. St. Louis – Jimmy Williams, CB, VT Rams need defensive help both run and pass, but CB might be their biggest need. Williams is the best pick for them here.

12. Cleveland – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon Ngata is a gifted and big DT at 338. Great fit for the Browns 3-4 defense.

13. Baltimore – Ernie Simms, LB, FSU Simms would be a nice fit for the Ravens here. Ray Lewis is getting a little restless and really wants more help with their defensive front.

14. Philadelphia - Chad Greenway, LB Iowa Greenway is a great fit for the Eagles here at 14.

15. Denver – Chad Jackson, WR, UF Jackson would be a great fit for the Broncos here. Rod Smith is getting old and will probably retire soon.

16. Miami – Winston Justice, OT, USC Miami needs O-line help and with the signing of Culpepper, Justice would be a great way to protect Culpepper. Justice sliding down to them here would be a great treat.

17. Minnesota – Deangelo Williams, RB Memphis. Even though the Vikings picked up Chester Taylor in the offseason, but RB has been a bigtime problem for the Vikings in the past few years and I don’t feel Taylor is the answer.

18. Dallas - Manny Lawson, LB, DE, North Carolina St Lawson would fit great in Dallas’ 3-4 he could be used as a DE or a LB, so Lawson seems to be the choice here.

19. San Diego - Antonio Cromartie, CB, FSU A big CB like this seems to be the right fit for SD here. The Chargers need a ton of help in their secondary and Cromartie could great for them.

20. Kansas City - Tye Hill, CB, Clemson The Chiefs need as much help on defense as they can get and Hill would be a great pick here.

21. New England - Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State The Pats defense was very poor last year and needs some help. At the LB position they lost McGinest and Bruschi is aging. Carpenter would be a great pick here.

22. San Francisco – Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida St I know the niners are looking to surround Alex Smith with some offensive help, but defense is a big need and Wimbley sliding this far down would be a steal for the niners and combined with Huff could vastly improve their D.

23. Tampa Bay – Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn Tampa needs help on their O-line and McNeil would be a great pick for them.

24. Cincinnati - Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State Even though the Bengals defense pulled in the most turnovers in the league, they still let up a lot of yards. Whitner could help them out a lot and Whitner at 24 would be a steal.

25. New York Giants – Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State Amani Toomer is aging, Carter has some injury problems, so a speedy WR would be a great fit. The Giants did a great job at fixing up their defense in the offseason so a great WR for Eli would be very nice. I know DT is a big need for them, but the Giants can still get a pretty good DT with their second round pick.

26. Chicago –Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA I originally had Eric Winston going here to help protect Grossman, but after responses from Bears fans made it seem that Winston isnt the pick here. I could also see them taking a look at Sinorice Moss.

27. Carolina – DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama Carolina needs LB help after losing Will Witherspoon to FA, Ryans would be a great replacement here.

28. Jasonville - Thomas Howard, LB UTEP Need to replace LB after losing Ayodele to FA.

29. Houston – Eric Winston, T, Miami(Fl) Need as much O-line help as they can get, Winston would definately help their line. I also think with their second round pick they could snag Max Jean-Giles to help plug up another hole in the o-line.

30. Indianapolis – Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota Indy needs a RB to replace losing James. Maurony would be a great pickup here at 30.

31. Seattle – Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (FL) Seattle’s receivers are always near the top of the league in drops. This position is a pretty big need for them. Hasslebeck has proved that he can be a great QB even with all these drops, just imagine how good he could be with a good receiver.

32. Pittsburgh – Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State The Steelers need a center and Mangold has a lot of talent. Would be a great pick for them at the end of the first round.

Second Round

33. Houston – Max Jean-Giles, G, Georgia Letting up a league leading number of sacks last year, the Texans need to fix their O-line. Giles here would be a great pickup.

34. New Orleans – Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan New Orleans needs some help at DT and Gabe Watson could help out a lot.

35. New York Jets – Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas After losing McKenzie last year, OT is a very big need for the Jets.

36. Green Bay – Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma Losing both Wahle and Rivera really showed last year contributing to a very poor O-line last year. Joseph would be a great pick for the Packers here and could hopefully protect Favre this year.

37. Denver – Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia Denver needs to get a TE and Pope at this point in the draft would be a steal for them. Pope is a huge target at 6-7 and has great hands. Could help the Broncos out huge in the passing game.

38. Oakland – Jonathan Joseph, CB, SC After losing Woodson this offseason, the Raiders need some help in the defensive backfield. Joseph will most likely never slide this far, but if he did the Raiders should snag him.

39. Tennessee – Ryan O’Callaghan, OT, California After picking up Young in the first round they are going to need some help protecting him. O’Callaghan is a big guy that could make a difference for the Titans.

40. Detroit – Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St Detroit needs to upgrade their D-line and Hali would be a great addition to their line.

41. Arizona – D’Qwell Jackson, LB, Maryland Dansby has been great for the Cardinals, but he cant do it alone. Adding Jackson would give Arizona a very good and young linebacker group.

42. Buffalo – Claude Wroten, DT, LSU Bringing in Larry Tripplet wont be enough for the Bills. If they could add Wroten to the mix they could have a solid pair of DT’s.

43. Cleveland – Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, BC Cleveland could use some help on their D-line and Kiwanuka would be a great fit for them here. Kiwanuka’s stock has fallen over the offseason but grabbing him at 43 would be great for the Browns.

44. Baltimore – Jason Allen, S, Tennesee After losing Demps to the Giants, the Ravens need a S to fill that spot. Allen in the second round would be a great pick for them.

45. Philadelphia – Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame A nice big receiver like Stovall could be just what the Eagles need in the second round to replace TO.

46. St. Louis – Darnell Bing, S, USC After losing Adam Archuleta they will need to pick up a replacement for him. Bing would be a nice pick for them here.

47. Atlanta – Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State Deangelo Hall has been a huge success for the Falcons but their second corner is pretty week and lack depth at the position as well. Youboty would fit their need for another CB.

48. Minnesota – Roger McIntosh, LB, Miami (Fl) The Vikings need a lot of help on defense and LB is a big need. McIntosh could play either ILB or OLB, the versatility would be nice for the Vikings.

49. Dallas – Ko Simpson, S, SC Roy Williams could do with a good FS to help out. Simpson would fit this need very well and make a great S tandem with Williams.

50. San Diego – Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona St The Chargers are lacking in the WR department. McCardell is good but they are lacking depth at the position. With Rivers finally getting his shot to start, a good young WR would help out a lot.

51. Minnesota – Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama With Culpepper gone and an aging Brad Johnson at QB, Minnesota needs to address this positon. Croyle has the potential to be a great QB and at 51 would be a great grab.

52. New England – Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami (Fl) Asante Samuel has turned out to be a great player for the Pats, but since the loss of Ty Law, they have lacked a second CB and depth at the position.

53. Washington – Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa After losing both Pierce and Arrington, LB is a very weak position for the Redskins right now. Hodge might be the best LB left at this point so I feel the Skins would benefit from him.

54. Kansas City – Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon Though always very productive, the Chiefs receivers need help. Williams would be a great pick for them here at 54.

55. Cincinnati – Dominique Byrd, TE, USC Cincinnati has a great offense, but one thing its lacking is a good TE. Byrd could help out take some coverage off Chad Johnson and help increase the offense even more.

56. New York Giants – Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas DT is a pressing need for the Gmen after losing Clancy to FA and former first round pick Joseph hasn’t really panned out. Wright would be a great addition to the Giants much improved defense.

57. Chicago – Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno St Even though Bears just signed Ricky Manning, they still need depth at this position. If Marshall somehow slipped all the way down to them at this pick it would be great for them.

58. Carolina – Joseph Addai, RB, LSU Carolina has a definite need at RB after losing Davis and the frequent injuries to Foster. I don’t see Addai falling this far but if he did, the Panthers would love to grab him at this point.

59. Tampa Bay – Cedric Griffin, CB, Texas Barber is a great CB for the Buccs, but they certainly lack depth in the position. Griffin could help them out a lot.

60. Jacksonville – Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame The Jags certainly need help at the TE position and in this years deep TE draft, Fasano is still good talent at this point.

61. Denver – Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota Eslinger would be a nice fit here for the Broncos.

62. Indianapolis – Taitusi Lutui, OG, USC After the playoff game against the Steelers it looks like the Colts could use a little bit of O-line help. Lutui sliding all the way down here would be a gift.

63. Seattle – Alan Zemaitis, CB, Penn St After losing Dyson this offseason, the Seahawks are lacking depth at the CB position. Zemaitis could be a nice fit for the Seahawks here late in the second round.

64. Pittsburgh – Jason Avant, WR, Michigan After losing Randel El the Steelers are a lacking at WR. Big Ben needs a few more offensive targets to help in his progression and Avant could help him do it.

Last edited by nyg21nyg72 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Al Toon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a Jet fan I love it, but I don't think that would be enough.

1 = 3000
4 and 29 = 2440.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm
Eagle_scout94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
14. Philadelphia - Chad Greenway, LB Iowa Greenway is a great fit for the Eagles here at 14.

I agree. However if Winston Justice is still on the board, I'm sure Andy's going to give him a long look. Andy's got a thing for drafting linemen. Either Greenway or Justice here is fine by me.

"No player in Boston sports history has sent home this many people with electrifying moments of greatness." - Dan Shaunghnessy on David Ortiz
nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as a Jet fan I love it, but I don't think that would be enough.

1 = 3000
4 and 29 = 2440.

I know according to the point chart it isnt a great trade for the Texans. Im not sure how much faith to be put in that point chart, but you are probably right. Maybe another first day pick or picks from next year from the Jets would even it out a bit.

Last edited by nyg21nyg72 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Welby20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the broncos select a wr they would take Holmes instead of Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bears take winston? they need ol help but i think that they will go after a te or wr
Brownies713

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it, because i think Ngata will help the browns more than anyone in the draft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Titans pick.
nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the bears take winston? they need ol help but i think that they will go after a te or wr

Ya I bet the pick ends up either TE or WR but I just figured they could benefit a lot from some O-line help. Grossman hasnt proven very tough at all, I think the Bears should do whatever they can to keep the sack count low.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromartie over Hill for the Chargers.
nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cromartie over Hill for the Chargers.

Ya, I was having trouble deciding who would go where between those two. I personally feel Hill is a bit better, but if Cromartie comes back strong from missing last year I bet he will turn out to be the better CB.
Kazkal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals picked up dexter jackson they can put safety off till rnd 2/3 depending who falls in 2nd like ko simpson there in 2nd draft that sucka
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers like size in their CBs so I really don't think they're all that interested in Tye Hill.
mcdni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer the Ravens pick to be Winston Justice. Don't know what drafting Sims has got to do with Lewis, considering Sims is an OLB and Lewis a MLB. If Sims can play the "46" in our 46 defence then it could be a good pick!
nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't know what drafting Sims has got to do with Lewis, considering Sims is an OLB and Lewis a MLB

From what I have heard Lewis is just asking for defensive help to take some pressure off of himself. Not like a replacement for Lewis, just someone to help out on defense and I feel at this point Simms could help them out most on defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: