Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7-Round Mock for Steelers (NEW)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azazaz7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooters wrote:
azazaz7 wrote:
I'd be happy with that draft assuming the Steelers get a good FA CB.

If I was to change anything, I'd like a OG or C on the 1st day. Hartings has restructured his contract but he's now due in the region of $8million next year. There is no way the Steelers will pay him that kind of money so 2005 is likely to be his last year on the roster. I'd be happy if the Steelers drafted one of Elton Brown (so Simmons can move to C) or David Baas in round 1 or Chris Spencer, Ben Wilkerson or Marcus Johnson in rounds 2 or 3.

Other than that, I like it a lot.

Azazaz you need to edit your picture.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I showed it to a friend of mine who's as gay as christmas and she thought it was pretty funny. I thought if she didn't mind, then it'd be okay. I'll take it down immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would much rather see the steelers use the first round pick for a CB, possibly Marlin Jackson from Michigan. he has good size and was a shutdown corner for the Wolverines. I think he would be a good fit and we could really use a CB. I would like the draft posted if and only if the steelers would pick up a CB in the Free Agency Period.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with taking a CB in the first. We have our starters set with Coke and Townsend so it is pointless to draft one early just to be a backup.
fballnut2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I disagree with taking a CB in the first. We have our starters set with Coke and Townsend so it is pointless to draft one early just to be a backup.

Not pointless at all. Taking a CB early allows for a solid can that they can devolp. That way he doesn't crash and burn by being thrown right into the fire. Every Steelers fan know that the biggest problem is the secondary. Why not try to correct the problem. Not to mention the fact that Townsend while good is geting up there in age so maybe so more youngsters back there isn't a bad idea.
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoMoney717 wrote:

and what happens when teams come out with 4 or 5 WR sets???

Coke and Taylor are unproven. They have potential but potential IMO means "have done squat" so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: