Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7-Round Mock for Steelers (NEW)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: 7-Round Mock for Steelers (NEW) Reply with quote

Round 1: Shaun Cody (DT/DE - Southern California)
Round 2: Matt Jones (QB/WR/TE - Arkansas)
Round 3: Michael Munoz (OT - Tennessee)
Round 4: Brandon Jacobs (RB - Southern Illinois)
Round 5: Ronald Bartell (CB - Howard)
Round 6: Jammal Brimmer (S - UNLV)
Round 7: Jonathan Jackson (DE/OLB - Oklahoma)

Let me know what you all think.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
azazaz7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with that draft assuming the Steelers get a good FA CB.

If I was to change anything, I'd like a OG or C on the 1st day. Hartings has restructured his contract but he's now due in the region of $8million next year. There is no way the Steelers will pay him that kind of money so 2005 is likely to be his last year on the roster. I'd be happy if the Steelers drafted one of Elton Brown (so Simmons can move to C) or David Baas in round 1 or Chris Spencer, Ben Wilkerson or Marcus Johnson in rounds 2 or 3.

Other than that, I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1: David Baas OG/C
Round 2: Chris Canty DE
Round 3: Vincent Jackson WR
Round 4: Brandon Jacobs RB
Round 5: Robert McCune OLB
Round 6: Liam Ezekiel ILB
Round 7: Matt Roth OT

I want Baas because he has all the tools and skill plus he is smart as hell and that is what you want in your heir apparent Center.

Matt Jones would be a good pick instead of Jackson, but we can't get Canty then.
I don't want a first round WR. I want Nance next year.
We are getting a 6/7 rounder from Carolina plus with Ross getting a big deal and the potential for Vincent, Bell and Burress to also get some cheddar, our comp picks this year will be substantial.
I bet we have a high 2 coming to us.

I'd like to see us trade down into the early teens of round 2 for picks in 2006.
ex. I'd trade out our first and late second this year (if we get an extra second) for a first next year.
sali44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like using our first round pick on a d-lineman.....that pick has to be either a corner or an o-lineman.
azazaz7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbelt - another good scenario. I think McCune will be gone by round 3. Despite his age he's a phenomenal talent.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 CB Fabian Washington
2 WR Matt Jones
3 OG Evan Mathis
4 ILB Adam Seward
5 CB Nick Collins
6 RB Nehemiah Broughton
7 C Geoff Hangartner

This would be my ideal Steelers draft

BTW the steelers won't draft Shaun Cody because he just wants to play DT.
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: I love this Pick Reply with quote

I love the Brandon Jacobs (RB - Southern Illinois) pick, we need a big bruising back too learn under the Bus and Staley. I think Jacobs is the steal of the draft,He transferd out of Auburn and didnt see any playing time, because they were set with Cadilliac Williams and Ronnie Brown.His 40 was blazing, for a guy of his size, at the combine. I think it was like 4.37. I hope he around until the 4th, Im worried some team will get smart and pick him in the 3rd. Lets hope we get him in the 4th Very Happy
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Marion Barber more that Jacobs but that would mean picking a RB in the 3rd. I think we trade down and get an extra 2nd or 3rd then pick Chris Canty, Blackstock/ Demarcus Ware, and Marion Barber. A guy like Fabian Washington in the 2-3 range would be a steal and as for WR i like either Jerome Mathis in the 2nd, Vince Jackson in the third, or Jamaica Rector in the 5. I would probably take someone like Derek Wake in the 6-7 just for depth. These aare just alot of prospects that I like. I know we can not get all of them but I think we trade down and get as many as possible. Also, what do you guys think of switching Ike Taylor to FS? I know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed but he has amazing athletic ability.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoMoney717 wrote:
I would probably take someone like Derek Wake in the 6-7 just for depth.

That guy had an amazing vertical leap at the combine. I think it was around 45.5". Somewhere around there, I just remember it was some insane number. Here's my new 7-Round Steelers Mock Draft then.

Round 1: Robert McCune (LB - Louisville)
Round 3: Brandon Jacobs (RB - Southern Illinois)
Round 4: Ronald Bartell (CB - Howard)
Round 5: Lofa Tatupu (LB - Southern California)

McCune is an insanely good ILB, and so is Tatupu. I know it looks crazy, because we already have Farrior and Foote in the middle, but a little depth would not hurt. Also, Tatupu is a great coverage LB so he could actually convert to be an OLB in the 3-4 scheme. I would die if the Steelers had this draft. And about Shaun Cody, he does want to play DT, but he knows if he goes to a team that plays a 3-4, he has to be a DE. And on Fox Sports West the other night, he was shown saying he wouldn't mind playing DE, especially if he got picked by a team with a later 1st round draft pick, because he knows he would be going to a winning organization.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
MoMoney717 wrote:
I would probably take someone like Derek Wake in the 6-7 just for depth.

That guy had an amazing vertical leap at the combine. I think it was around 45.5". Somewhere around there, I just remember it was some insane number. Here's my new 7-Round Steelers Mock Draft then.

Round 1: Robert McCune (LB - Louisville)
Round 3: Brandon Jacobs (RB - Southern Illinois)
Round 4: Ronald Bartell (CB - Howard)
Round 5: Lofa Tatupu (LB - Southern California)

McCune is an insanely good ILB, and so is Tatupu. I know it looks crazy, because we already have Farrior and Foote in the middle, but a little depth would not hurt. Also, Tatupu is a great coverage LB so he could actually convert to be an OLB in the 3-4 scheme. I would die if the Steelers had this draft. And about Shaun Cody, he does want to play DT, but he knows if he goes to a team that plays a 3-4, he has to be a DE. And on Fox Sports West the other night, he was shown saying he wouldn't mind playing DE, especially if he got picked by a team with a later 1st round draft pick, because he knows he would be going to a winning organization.

I like this draft pretty much. I would rather take a guy like Blackstock in McCune's place to give us a better pass rush. This would let us move Harrison insode where he says he is more comfortable. I already said who I like a RB. I like the Tatupu pick in the 5th. The one I am not sure about is Jamal Brimmer. I know he is a great player but isnt he a SS? That would just give us the same problem we already have with Hope.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoMoney717 wrote:
The one I am not sure about is Jamal Brimmer. I know he is a great player but isnt he a SS? That would just give us the same problem we already have with Hope.

He is a Strong Safety, but I heard on Fox Sports Pittsburgh (I get all the Fox Sports Channels on Direct TV) that there's talk of moving Troy Polamalu to Free Safety. I think that could be a very good move, granted he's not a real great cover guy, but I think he could be with some tutoring.

as11osu wrote:
SteelerCntry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just MO, but the team would be stupid to move Troy to FS when he is such a good open field tackler, and has great reaction and plays great angles to the ball.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those moves that's "smart we made it" or "dumb that we did it" type of move. It could either be a really great move or a real disastrous one.

as11osu wrote:
superbelt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought for a while that Troy and Hope should switch places.
I think that Both are equally great Strong Safeties, but Troy has immensely better hands and should occupy the FS position if given a choice.

It will bring down Troy's value (just like the current set up brings down Hope's value) but it overall makes our secondary better.
Shooters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
I'd be happy with that draft assuming the Steelers get a good FA CB.

If I was to change anything, I'd like a OG or C on the 1st day. Hartings has restructured his contract but he's now due in the region of $8million next year. There is no way the Steelers will pay him that kind of money so 2005 is likely to be his last year on the roster. I'd be happy if the Steelers drafted one of Elton Brown (so Simmons can move to C) or David Baas in round 1 or Chris Spencer, Ben Wilkerson or Marcus Johnson in rounds 2 or 3.

Other than that, I like it a lot.

Azazaz you need to edit your picture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: