Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Draft Chat Reply with quote

Alright, boys, here's the deal:

This thread is designed for draft commentary, meaning, if you want to comments on something going on throughout the draft, here's the place to do it.

Analysis and professional comments regarding our actual selections go in the Draft Tracker thread which is here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60159

So, this thread is a little "looser" and the "Draft Tracker" thread is the place for more thoughtful insight. Please post in the proper section accordingly once both are open.

Although we have two threads for chat and analysis, members are still welcome to start their own threads as the draft moves along, BUT please be aware of other threads. I will delete threads if duplicates are being made, but I'd prefer that my time is saved by members who are paying attention.

Last edited by HiFi on Sat May 06, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
HiFi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doors open boys!
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping we can talk about other teams- but what do you think about the Texans getting Mario! This is good for us...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanfranraidersfan wrote:
I am hoping we can talk about other teams- but what do you think about the Texans getting Mario! This is good for us...

Talking about other teams in here is fine. Talking about Berman losing weight in here is fine. Discussing Mel Kiper's hair is fine.

This thread is meant to be a running commentary on the draft as a whole. The other thread, which will open when we make our first pick, is meant for well thought our response and analysis.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since Mario is going to Houston, the Jets will almost CERTAINLY move up to grab Bush. So, trading up to #4 is probably out now. If N'arlins DOES trade down to #4, they're not going to want to go any lower.

Tennessee is gonna take a QB, so they're not budging.

We'd have to deal with Green Bay.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I can't wait until Tuesday, when ESPN throws Mel Kiper Jr. back into the cryogenic freezer until next January. Hopefully, it'll be as soon as he's done with his "Draft Grades."
kjherrm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that the Jets, 49ers, and Packers will all be looking to trade up to 2 now to get Bush. One thing that this does is that it gives teams over night to try to get in a trade instead of 15 minutes so I really think a trade will happen before the start of the draft.

I'd also just like to say that Houston has just completely blown my mind with this. I can't wait to hear some reaction from Houston's fans.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in Juan's thread too.

Apparently, we're one of the teams that have contacted N'arlins about the #2 pick (Green Bay, N.Y. Jets, and Arizona are the others thus far).

By the way, anyone else hear that Joel Segal (Bush's agent) was looking for $30 M for Bush??
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never that high on Bush but, now I've gained some doubt as to whether he can produce that well at the next level. He never carried a full load at USC which is the only knock on him but after reading into the whole house thing and seeing his family's long time friend that has ties to gangs I question his character most notably his integrity. I'm not saying I think he's a gangbanger nor do I think he will have legal problems with drugs or assault like things. It looks like that guy was trying to extort him but he knew exactly what is allowed and what isn't when it comes to agents and what not. Who do you guys think will trade up to #2 to take him or do you think the Saints will take him? There's still the possibility he slides down a bit. This years draft is the most confusing one I've seen ever probably. I wonder if anyone will drop the ball like the Vikes did a few years ago and not get their pick in on time. I'm so excited for tomorrow morning I have no clue how I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, I've been waiting for this day ever since week 17 was over.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a few days ago if he couild be productive with Houston's current offensive line. Like you said Oaktown, he never had to carry the load in college, but he DID have on Offensive line from which there will be 3 first day picks (2 first rounders). Houston doesn't have that. Just ask David Carr how good their offensive line is.

As far as who gets him? I think the Jets will try to move up and get him but, if they can't/won't give N'arlins what they want, N'arlins will take whomever they want (I still wouldn't be surprised to see them take Leinart) and have Bush slip to #3, where Tennessee would almost HAVE to take him. Chris Brown is forever injured and Travis Henry is one positive test away from getting an unpaid year off (man, this sounds familiar....oh yeah. That's what I wrote in my Mock Draft/Mel Kper Jr. thread almost a week ago.)
HiFi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe be will only shoulder 10-15 carries a game. I agree with what a few analysts have said:

Bush would be a top pick if he was listed as only a WR. He can return kicks and punts, line up in the slot, line up on the outside, and handle some carries. He's a match-up nightmare for any team that tries to contain him in single coverage. He will get his.
kjherrm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people seem to be worry about Bush being able to take a hit, I think when there are concerns if he can carry a full load. I don't think thats a problem because the way Bush plays he doesn't take hits. He is a cut back runner much like Barry Sanders and I really don't remember Barry taking too many hilacious hits.
HiFi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjherrm wrote:
A lot of people seem to be worry about Bush being able to take a hit, I think when there are concerns if he can carry a full load. I don't think thats a problem because the way Bush plays he doesn't take hits. He is a cut back runner much like Barry Sanders and I really don't remember Barry taking too many hilacious hits.

I somewhat agree. Bush knows how to avoid taking the big hit. However, having seen every college game of his career, I can also strongly comment on the fact that he does not shy away from contact. I saw him run guys over or knock them down on occasion.

Yes, he split carries, but why not when Lendale was around to punish defenders as well. If Carroll had wanted, he could have had Bush carry the ball 20-25 times a game, but what was the point? Bush was lined up as a receiver on several plays as well, so he's a factor, whether he's getting a direct hand-off or not. (I think I made my opinion clear on that.)
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyways- its gametime- well almost!!!! i sadly have tennis for an hour - till 9 and then i have horseback riding- but hopefully ill be able to catch some of the draft- im tivoing it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to ESPN the Jets haven't spoken to the Saints yet. We have to do what we can to try to move up, but I don't see the Saints trading down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: