Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We're losing the game!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrClean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: We're losing the game!!! Reply with quote

We had the most cap room going into an off season in NFL history, and it seems as if we're just gonna sit on it. We've signed 1 player and he came out and he wanted to play for Ted Cottrell again. So this is two very solid defensive players that have signed with us because of Cottrell, the other being Antoine Winfield. We haven't even resigned any players such as Wiggins, and Frerotte. What is the deal?
CB Kelly Herndon negotiating with the Ravens
S Kenoy Kennedy negotiating with the Lions also visited with the Falcons, Saints and Chiefs
DE Chike Okeafor visiting with Broncos and Chiefs

Miami Dolphins are insisting on a second-round draft choice as compensation for CB Patrick Surtain, Seahawks are very interested.

Just to name a few.
Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying sign the whole world, but it just dosen't seem as if we are being as aggressive as we should to get some help especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Take the Chiefs for example. These guys haven't really signed anyone, BUT they have been aggressive in talkin to some of these free agents out there. Law, Trotter, Bell, Hartwell, Rolle. They had visits with all of these guys. Who have we met with besides Burress, and we didn't close that deal.
I'm telling you we are lettin this thing get away from us.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burress hasn't even been to Winter Park, I believe Taylor has, but we didn't do anything with him either, and he REALLY wants to play for us. This is sickening. With the cap space we have, we could totally transform this team into a Super Bowl contender. The contracts that the other guys have signed aren't huge. I really think McCombs plans to sit on his well rested a** until after word comes down on the sale. By then it may well be too late to do anything. I may just start rooting for San Diego.
nickelpete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red McCombs is evil, pure evil. This was a pivotable offseason with a number of quality free agents and few teams with the money to make a move. Red doesn't want to sign any free agents because then he'll have to pay the signing bonus (apparently the 400 million he's going to profit from the Vikings isn't enough.) The only reason Pat Williams signed is because he agreed to defer the signing bonus until after June 1st--thus McCombs will stick Fowler with the tab. McCombs is a greedy *%#&^#$--but at least he's old and all his buckets of cash aren't going with him when he croaks. (Hopefully sooner than later and, hopefully, in a painful and humiliating manner...)
And by the way, WHO THE HECK DOES MCCOMBS THINK HE IS GIVING THOSE LOCKER ROOM TIRADES!!! The man single handedly derailed our 2003 season with his confidence shattering speech after the loss to the Giants.
And another thing, what's up with this "I almost fired Tice to try and please Randy Moss" bit??? What's up Red, do you feel like you need to destroy your coach's confidence as well??? Or do you think you're "getting even" with him for not waiving the final year of his contract and forcing you to sign the one million dollar contract extension??? (Just like Red to [inappropriate/removed] and moan about a lousy million dollars when he's gonna net a quick 400 million in a matter of weeks...)
I need to stop before I blow a gasket...
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCombs has to be the worst owner ever , he does not respect the game

still I'm a die hard vikings fan and will never cheer for another team no matter how bad it gets ( I respect other teams play , but when the season starts it's all out war and they all must go down)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: