Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"NEW" REVISED 1st ROUND MOCK!(with explanations)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If They Happen, What Is The Biggest Steal In The First Round From My Mock???
Vince Young At #7
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Antonio Cromartie At #19
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bobby Carpenter At #21
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Brodrick Bunkley At #22
35%
 35%  [ 15 ]
DeAngelo Williams At #28
45%
 45%  [ 19 ]
Sinorice Moss At #32
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 42

Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: "NEW" REVISED 1st ROUND MOCK!(with explanations) Reply with quote

(please leave comments! thanks!)

2006 NFL Draft: REVISED 4/25/06

1.Houston Reggie Bush-RB-USC-Doing anything else here would be a mistake. He is one of the best players to ever come out of college, and if they pass up this opportunity; they may be haunted by it for a long time.

2.New Orleans Mario Williams-DE-NC State-Same situation here for the Saints. This is a pick that they will use for the best available player. And in their minds, that player is Williams who is a monster on the line.

3.Tennessee Matt Leinart-QB-USC-Titans really need a QB. The McNair situation is getting ugly. He won’t stay. And Volek isn’t a guy who you can or you want to play a full NFL season. Leinart or Young goes here.

4.N.Y. Jets D’Brickashaw Ferguson-OT-Virginia-Best available on the board, and for most teams this would be a great pick. But not for the Jets. They need a franchise QB and should get Young. But they’re the Jets……

5.Green Bay A.J. Hawk-OLB-Ohio State-Best available on the board, and the Packers need a defensive leader like him to get that defense going. Hawk will be the OLB version of B. Urlacher. Offenses Beware.

6.San Francisco Vernon Davis-TE-Maryland-Niners desperately need a guy like Davis who will create tough matchups for defenses. A. Smith desperately needs a big target to throw to. Don’t have WR threat. The pick.

7.Oakland Vince Young-QB-Texas-Not what I would do here, but he is the best available and a rare talent. They also don’t know what to expect of Brooks. So, Probably a steal at #7 but not the right pick for Oakland.

8.Buffalo Haloti Ngata-DT-Oregon-Can’t see them doing much else here. They lost Sam Adams and need to fill that gap in the middle of the line. Ngata is a massive beast and great run-stuffer. Best available pick here.

9.Detroit Michael Huff-S-Texas-Anything else happens here and I’d be shocked. DET lost a couple DB’s to FA and were weak when they had em’. They don’t need offense; got a QB (Jon Kitna) Huff WILL go here at #9.

10.Arizona Jay Cutler-QB-Vanderbilt-Why wouldn’t they take him? Warner can only be “decent” for so long, and Navarre is not the answer. Cards need a QB for the future and Cutler is their man. Has very good Instinct

11.St. Louis Jimmy Williams-CB-Virginia Tech-Rams really need a defensive playmaker in the secondary, and Williams is that guy. The DB’s for the Rams have been a disappointment; so he’ll fill the void for them at DB.

12.Minnesota (proj trade w/CLE) Ernie Sims-OLB-Florida State-Vikes trade up to get a dominant Linebacker in Sims who will do wonders for a defense that was really starting to come on last year. LB is a big need here

13.Baltimore Winston Justice-OT-USC-Nice pick here for the Ravens who will need someone who can fill in for Ogden who is getting old and slow. DT would be nice for Ray Lewis who needs help, but OT will be a big need

14.Philadelphia Chad Jackson-WR-Florida-T.O. left, and what happened? Nothing. They have a weak passing attack which needs to be addressed. Passing game is key, and Jackson will become a stud in years to come.

15.San Francisco (proj trade w/DEN) Chad Greenway-OLB-Iowa-Amazing that a guy with his talent doesn’t go higher. Niners address the need on defense and LB with a great pick in Greenway. Great move for the Niners.

16.Miami Santonio Holmes-WR-Ohio State-Dolphins really need a good compliment to Chambers who is quickly becoming an elite WR in the NFL. Holmes is best WR still there, and will help Daunte and the Phins.

17.Cleveland (proj trade w/MIN) Manny Lawson-DE/OLB-NC State-Browns traded down for that reason. Lawson is a good DE who can play OLB in a 3-4, and they didn’t see him going too high. Great D pick for CLE.

18.Dallas Donte Whitner-S-Ohio State-The boys really need someone who can play alongside Roy Williams, and Whitner can be that guy. They really need the help in the secondary. Good pick at #18. He fits with big D

19.San Diego Antonio Cromartie-CB-Florida State-The Bolts are another team that desperately needs the help in the secondary. Rated close to last in pass yrds allowed, they address the problem with the speedy CB.

20.Kansas City Tye Hill-CB-Clemson-Hill is most likely rated very high on their board, and for good reason. He falls right in their lap at #20. They have Surtain, but nobody else good enough back there. Good pick here.

21.New England Bobby Carpenter-OLB-Ohio State-Pats need a good OLB to fill in for McGinest and an old LB group. Carpenter is a steal at #21. He’s the kind of hard-nosed linebacker that teams dream of having on D.

22.Denver (proj trade w/SF) Leonard Pope-TE-Georgia-DEN doesn’t need much help on defense, so offense is the pick. They lost their “main” TE in Putzier (who was a joke), so they go with the offensive threat in Pope.

23.Tampa Bay Marcus McNeill-OT-Auburn-Eric Winston would’ve been a nice pick here too, but with his injury problems and uncertain mobility, the Bucs take the monstrous OT form AUB who helped the Caddy in college.

24.Cincinnati Tamba Hali-DE/OLB-Penn State-Not the next LaVar Arrington, but a nice pick for the Bengals who really need the help on the D-line. Hali is a good all-around defender that can really help this defense.

25.N.Y. Giants Brodrick Bunkley-DT-Florida State-Really don’t know how he fall here, but can’t see anyone taking him before here. The Giants need someone dominant on the line and Bunkley is it. Great Pick Here.

26.Chicago Marcedes Lewis-TE-U.C.L.A.-Not sure if its really the right pick for them, but they will be afraid of passing him up and losing him to someone else in Rnd 2. CB would’ve been good too, cause Tillman is shaky.

27.Carolina LenDale White-RB-USC-While they do have Foster, he has not been able to stay consistently healthy. S. Davis is gone, and White is a power back with good speed which will help him produce in the NFL.

28.Jacksonville DeAngelo Williams-RB-Memphis-The Jags tried the big power back for long enough. Now they go with the mid-size, speedy guy who can do magic in the open field, and will help the aging F. Taylor.

29.N.Y. Jets Kamerion Wimbley-DE/OLB-Florida State-Great pick here for the Jets who could really use a guy like Wimbley in their new 3-4 defense. He is a versatile athlete who will help them greatly. Nice pick here

30.Indianapolis Laurence Maroney-RB-Minnesota-This is a steal this late in Rnd 1. He is the next “Edge”. Indy will be please to fill the shoes of James with his speedy and more explosive clone. Amazing pick for IND

31.Seattle Jonathan Joseph-CB-South Carolina-Great pick here at #31 for the Hawks, who really need someone to step up and contribute in the secondary now that Dyson is gone. Joseph is speedy w/instincts.

32.Pittsburgh Sinorice Moss-WR-Miami-Not surprised to see him fall this low, but with the departure of Randle El, they really need a solid #2 WR in the mix. Moss is quick and agile like his brother/Randle El. Will fit nicely.

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE NICE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. Thanks!

Last edited by Saboman on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:51 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Well..... Reply with quote

Well, guys What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for only having ever heard of Terrel Owens and not really knowing anything about the Eagles needs.

No way do they pass on Bunkley is he falls to 14.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: sry Reply with quote

sry ninja, but if he's there, i cant see them passing on him. You cant even name two good wr's on PHI!! oh who? pinkston and brown? HA! i'll give ya brown but not pinkston. they need jackson........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not the bengals pick thats for sure

Saboman wrote:
Well, guys What do you think?

I think you made bunk fall on purpose(just kidding) and just happen that yer team trades up :p if he hit 20ish this is one of few cases where I think all bengal fans would support trading up
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry saboman I didn't realize you were a homer and had bunkley falling just to benefit the giants in your little mock.

It's also humorous that you think chad jackson or any rookie wr will do anything to benefit our team this upcoming year besides sit on the bench.

Brown and Gaffney are fine as starters and we can wait until the second, third or fourth to take a wr as insurance in case Pinkston isn't ready to spread the field yet.

The Eagles need a DT, SLB, OG and WR in that order. Notice how WR is last. Bunkley would be the pick.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bronco pick but I think they would try to trade down to get Pope later in the 1st.
Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: ninja Reply with quote

thats fine. ur entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I do however feel that it is the right pick for them. You may not think so, but its not your mock. Its mine. Its just what i think. you dont have to like it, but im glad that you are able to give some feedback. Jackson is jus one of those players that i think, if a team passes on will be kicking themselves years later for not taking. And the eagles biggest weakness right now ( to me) seems to be offense. they couldnt score last season. at least towards the end. honestly i think its a good pick, and i didnt pick bunkely jus cause im a giants fan. i jus really cant see too many other teams taking him. idk, wutever.......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saboman, I'm not going to say that the Eagles wouldn't under any circumstances take a WR in the first, because in the minds of the FO there probably are. But this isn't one of them. We take Bunkley, and thank the sweet merciful Lord that he fell this far.
Al Toon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

``4.N.Y. Jets D’Brickashaw Ferguson-OT-Virginia-Best player on the board, and most teams would be helped from taking him, but the Jets won’t be. They need a Franchise QB, and should get Young. But they’re the Jets.''

OK, besides your logic making no sense -- don't take the best player on the board who also happens to fill your biggest need -- your homerism is ridiculous. Bunkley to 22? Um, no.

And in my next mock I'll have the Jets taking Bush at 4, Leinart at 29 and D'Brickashaw at 35.
Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: AL TOON Reply with quote

my homerism to you is HUMOROUS to me. I HONESTLY THINK THAT IT WILL HAPPEN. NOT CAUSE I WANT IT TO HAPPEN, BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL! If it dosent i can assure you that he dosent go higher than #17! And don't get mad at me cause the Jets dont know how to draft!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ninja Reply with quote

Saboman wrote:
thats fine. ur entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I do however feel that it is the right pick for them. You may not think so, but its not your mock. Its mine. Its just what i think. you dont have to like it, but im glad that you are able to give some feedback. Jackson is jus one of those players that i think, if a team passes on will be kicking themselves years later for not taking. And the eagles biggest weakness right now ( to me) seems to be offense. they couldnt score last season. at least towards the end. honestly i think its a good pick, and i didnt pick bunkely jus cause im a giants fan. i jus really cant see too many other teams taking him. idk, wutever.......

You have to take into account a big reason that our offense wasn't playing so great towards the end had alot to do with Mcnabb being out.

Our defense had no excuse for their lack of pass rush so adding Bunkley would help solve a real problem.

I just think Bunkley would have more of a positive effect on the team this up coming season than a WR that Andy will be too stubborn to play.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Saboman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: ninja Reply with quote

yea. u do make good points. well, we'll see if my thoughts/mock changes anytime from now until the draft. (maybe).....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the Cowboys would take Bobby Carpenter there. I know that some Cowboys fans will disagree with me and say Kamerion WImbley but, they already have a pass-rushing OLB in Ware so they need a coverage guy and Carpenter is the man.

Life Goes On
The Gmen10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow brodrick at 22? wow what a great pick and steal Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: