Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

are the Browns going 3-4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: are the Browns going 3-4? Reply with quote

hey whats up i'm a ravens fan and i don't like the browns but i have an honest question.
The Browns are pursuing Ed Hartwell or Kendrell Bell, at least according to i think ditchdiggers signature. With Hartwell or Bell, along with Andra Davis, you would then have 2 quality MLB's, making 3-4 sensible.
The problem with that is that DJ could be your pick at No. 3. DJ is a phenominal LB, but he is MUCH better suited for 4-3. He won't be able to run around blocks in a 3-4 scheme, and his role in a 3-4 scheme wouldn't suit his game. So I think you guys should draft Rolle or maybe even Braylon Edwards at No. 3. Tell me what you think.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for visiting us. Hopefully the fans will control themselves, but I'm not promising anything.

It is not me with that in my sig, it is DaBrowns41. I have no sig.

I don't think we're pursuing Ed Hartwell, I think he is out of our price range. Roman Phifer has a better chance of coming here to fill the extra MLB spot, but obviously that is a stop gap solution. Kendrell Bell failed a physical today in Dallas because of his groin. Don't think he was visiting Berea anytime soon, anyway.

While I agree with your assessment of DJ, you'll have a hard time of convincing anyone else here. I don't agree with your options, though. I would much rather have a Ronnie Brown or Shawne Merriman. Both have everything needed for immediate success, and pro bowl potential in our new system. DJ will struggle in the 3-4, at least initially and I would rather dangle him as trade bait than actually draft him.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i do think merriman is the best option, as i said on your post in the panthers forum, but i just don't think that the browns will end up drafting him.as good as he is, while i am sold that he is top 3 material, i'm not sure if teams are. as for ronnie brown, i have a feeling he'll b off the board by no. 3. thanks for the feedback.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Ronnie Brown is off the board...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably get your wish.

Just something I saw on GBNReport.com.

Shawne Merriman ran a 4.45 40 at the combine. A 272 pound man ran 4.45. That is crazy.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ditchdigger"]You'll probably get your wish.

Just something I saw on GBNReport.com.

Shawne Merriman ran a 4.45 40 at the combine. A 272 pound man ran 4.45. That is crazy.[/quote]

Shocked

wow. he'll be a cleveland brown most likely, no way he falls out of the top 10. its a shame, i was holding on to a thin thread of hope that somehow he would drop on draft day like terrell suggs did and be available at No. 22. i knew it was highly unlikely but now its impossible. o well, i wish the best of luck to that guy.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's that fast, he better be converted to an Outside backer... that's rediculous... He better be a Brown next year...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: