Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Niners 2005 Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Niners 2005 Draft Reply with quote

A quarterback is not the answer to the turn around of this team right now. (next year in either FA or the draft) We have to many other needs and the Niners need to do whatever it takes to trade away that first pick for more in the first two rounds. Even if it takes packaging one of our numerous Wr's with the deal.

Even with Jennings on board, the Niners still need another top O-linemen(or Two), 2Db's, and 2 big D-linemen. Minimum!!!!!

We will be MUCH improved this year even with the roster we have now, but depth is a real problem at the time of injuries, which no team can escape.

If we can get depth handeled this year, then go for the franchise Qb next year. Rattay and Dorsey just might surprise us all if given time behind a descent line and in the West Coast offense, which is gonna change alot of things on this team.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...I think this is similar to what CrackLaden and I have been saying...
9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be, I am new to the site and still catching up on just where everyone stands. Nice to know some of us are on the same page.
olinono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the niners will not be able to trade away the #1 pick. No one wants someone so bad to move up to the #1 slot and pay someone #1 money. The niners are already having a hard time picking the person who they will select at #1. In an ideal situation, yes we can keep Dorsey and Rattay another year and pick up more players in this draft by trading down.

If we stick with the top pick though, the best pick would go with a QB. I don't think picking up a RB would be necessary, esp since we have devoted so much to Barlow. Plus, if Barlow doesn't work out, next year we can grab a player high like Bush from USC. We also can pickup a WR, but we have so many, I can't imagine that we would select a WR so high. With J Jennings, we already have a LT so picking Barron up that high would be unnecessary. I can't think of other positions of need that we would want to draft someone for that position at #1...
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rattay's and Dorseys are a dime a dozen. can you imagine one of them winning a superbowl i cant, Rodgers is a proven leader
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What franchise signal caller are we going to get next year? And if you say Leinart then your pretty much saying were going to have the worst record again next year. I don't buy that we need 2 more O-line. I think are o-line if good barring any injuries. Rodgers just may be better than any signal caller available next year including Leinart.

The niners stared this last season losing very close one they could have easily stared the season of 3-0 but lost close ones I think cuz of coaching and Rat and criticle fumbles by Jamal Roberston. THen Peterson went out and from then on it was crap. So it my eyes were not going to be the worst team like Crack and the guy that started this topic think we are. I think with the players we have now not including the draft were still better than a lot of teams. We also got rid of that entire crappy coaching staff.

I also believe if Rodgers would come back for his senior season that he could end up being picked ahead of Leinart in next years draft
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're going to be the worst team next year. I think if Rattay can stay healthy, in the WCO, we're going to do surprisingly well. Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers are not any better prospects than Matt Leinart, Chris Leak, and Omar Jacobs. What the gentleman who started this thread is saying (as is Chris and myself) is that we can improve the team in other aspects (i.e. some key defensive positions, the LG spot, etc.) and allow the team to develop this season. If after this season the coaches feel Rattay is not the answer, there are plenty of good QBs (every bit as good or better than the QBs available in this draft) available in next year's draft, and that QB would be entering a situation with better talent. But if Rattay were to suck this season, we would have a high draft choice somewhere, and could pick from that elite group. If he does well, like I personally think he is, then A) we would so well record wise, and B) we wouldn't need to draft a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way that Leak or Jacobs is a better QB than Rodgers. I have plenty of friends that are Gator fans that will tell you otherwise. Like I said before if Rodgers came back for his senior season he and Leinart would duke it out for the #1 spot beleive it or not. The only two players worth taking over Rodgers is DJ or Ronnie Brown
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:
The only two players worth taking over Rodgers is DJ or Ronnie Brown

Or Braylon Edwards or Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No just DJ or Ronnie Brown
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Braylon, but not Rodgers
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Mike Nolan said Braylon Edwards is the best prospect in the draft. So did Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Mike Nolan said Braylon Edwards is the best prospect in the draft. So did Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers and Brylan or boys so of course he is going to say that. Brylan also say that Rodgers is the best QB available do you agree with that. Niners will not draft a WR in the 1st
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Niners will not draft a WR in the 1st

Niners will not draft a QB in the first round. We both win!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not draft a line man with the first pick LOL..I'M just Joking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: