You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Almost brings a tear to your eye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Almost brings a tear to your eye Reply with quote

Man I hate so bad that I missed the majority of this mans prime.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3922802902766357429&q=Barry+Sanders&pl=true
BroncoLandMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bronco fan, I always LOVED to watch Terrell Davis, but GOD create man, then woman, then Barry Sanders !!!
Pistol_Pete2004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that video. Barry is the greatest running back of all time, hands down. Barry would have broken the all time yardage record no problem had he not decided to retire so early, but I cant blame him, after all he lived with the lions organization for 10 years, more than enough for anyone. I have never seen moves like those, his combination of power and agility will never be matched, never.
jameson23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is sad, but dont worry. another barry is soon to come opon us. his name is darren sproles. soon enough he will be given a chance to run wild.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:
it is sad, but dont worry. another barry is soon to come opon us. his name is darren sproles. soon enough he will be given a chance to run wild.

I highly doubt that. Plus he wont be on the Lion. I highly doubt Darren Sproels will ever be a starting RB let alone be the next Barry. Darren Sproels will never be able to hold Barry's jock.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reggie Bush's highlight reels don't remind you of Barry Sanders, then you must be crazy. It was like watching a reincarnation of a man that isn't even dead.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
If Reggie Bush's highlight reels don't remind you of Barry Sanders, then you must be crazy. It was like watching a reincarnation of a man that isn't even dead.

Except it was in college. Reggie Bush will not be as good as Barry. He will never gain rushing yards like Barry.
LionBrian11_3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching those clips bring back so many memories and tears of joy... those were the good old days when us lions fans did not care about all the losses that were continuously coming in because we were able to watch GREATNESS in Sanders every sunday. He never took one play off always was amazing and will be forever the greatest lion ever.

OH YEAH......bush is no barry sanders there will never ever be anyone like him again PERIOD
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i make my kids watch that video in school (i'm a teacher)
Pistol_Pete2004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:

Bush cannot break arm tackles like Barry. In fact, no one ever got a clean hit on Barry because he was so evasive. You watch his videos, you see all pros like Derrick Brooks and Ray lewis completely getting burnt by him. Barry was way more powerful than Bush. Barry is the greatest RB of all time, hands down, too bad he rarely had a team around him.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pistol_Pete2004 wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:

Bush cannot break arm tackles like Barry. In fact, no one ever got a clean hit on Barry because he was so evasive. You watch his videos, you see all pros like Derrick Brooks and Ray lewis completely getting burnt by him. Barry was way more powerful than Bush. Barry is the greatest RB of all time, hands down, too bad he rarely had a team around him.

I dont remember who it was, but he made a safety tear his ACL when he tried to tackle Barry. I dont think there will be many running backs with thoes types of moves anytime soon.
kingmax31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless someone thinks reggie bush will be the best RB ever, he won't be like barry sanders.
willardp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

I dont remember who it was, but he made a safety tear his ACL when he tried to tackle Barry. I dont think there will be many running backs with thoes types of moves anytime soon.

Darren Woodson
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willardp wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Darren Woodson

I actually think it was Rod Woodson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares name another running back who has ripped some ones ACL.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: