Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens make offer to Herndon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Ravens make offer to Herndon Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens06,1,3727625.story?coll=bal-sports-football

This bothers me. i dont want kelly herndon, i will be really dissapointed if he is our starting CB next season. I would much rather pay the extra money and bring in Smoot or atleast trade up for Rolle/Jones/Rogers. this is not good news.
mic79e

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign Herndon, and no other cornerbacks, then I think that's a very strong indication that we're going to go for one of the top CB in the draft.

The logical thing for the Ravens to do would be to sign either Fred Smoot or Andre Dyson who are both proven No. 2 corners. But if Newsome has decided that he would prefer to draft one of the top cornerback prospects, then he would look to sign a cheaper veteran to add depth, and one which could start if the rookie CB isn't ready.

If we sign only Herndon then I think that means we are definitely drafting a top cornerback. Bringing him in and no one else only makes sense if this is the case.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
we don't want herndon
if we do trade up and nab rogers, jones, or rolle this move makes sense because herndon is nothing more than a No. 3 corner.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
jtballz31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. NOT GOOD AT ALL..... Our once Great Player personnel has been Down Graded.

Right now things aren't looking good at all..

with up grades to all the teams in our Division ( We're going down hill fast )
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! the sky is not falling!

Herndon isn't that bad. Sure he had a bad game against the Colts but that happens to all corners sometimes. I guess you missed the Bengals game when TJ played with Baxter. Herndon's young and could still develop into a solid starter. But i don't think that the Ravens are just gonna hand him a starting job without competition. They will get another corner either in FA or in the draft. And it's not like there's only three good corners in the draft either, we could get Justin Miller, Fabian Washington (who ran the best 40 time ever at the combine), Marlin Jackson, Brandon Browner (the perfect Baxter replacement, a corner in a safetys body) or Corey Webster. All have potential to be solid to great starters in the NFL . We really need more than one corner anyway since most of our corners our ancient (Deion, Carter and Fuller) so picking up two average corners with potential is better than over paying for one good nr 2 corner.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id still rather bring in Smoot, Dyson or Rolle. Apparently Charles Woodson might be traded for cheap if the raiders cant get some more money soon. im not that high on woodson because he seems to be more focused on money then playing well, but its still a possibility to consider.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: