Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerbacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crackers445

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Cornerbacks Reply with quote

What do u guys think of this?

At cornerback, the Vikings have shown an interest in Andre Dyson of the Titans and Ty Law of the Patriots, while other high-quality options like Samari Rolle (Titans), Fred Smoot (Redskins) and Gary Baxter (Ravens) are still available. Charles Woodson and Ken Lucas, two of the top three cornerbacks according to a Vikings source before the market opened, are no longer available via free agency. Lucas, formerly of Seattle, signed with Carolina on Thursday. Woodson signed a $10.5 million tender from the Raiders, but Oakland has reportedly been looking to trade him to create more cap space. That price tag is probably too much for the Vikings to spend, according to one team source.
Rippleforskin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baxter signed with the Browns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Riddle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should be going after fred smoot at this point if they look in FA, but i think the best option would be to package both first round picks to get the 2nd pick and pat surtain from the dolphins

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
Crackers445

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im suprised no one went after Fred Smoot yet
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the guys there I would like for the Vikes to go after Andre Dyson. I dont think we need a big time CB right now. Andre Dyson is a guy that has a lot of potential and not in his prime yet. We got a lot of cap room, but the money needs to be spent elsewhere, and not on another All-Pro CB.
vikefan11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont give a sh*% who we get. GET SOMEONE

spend some $$$$$$$$$$
tdub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree...its killing me hearing all these rumors, but seeing absoluetly no results

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumor is that as soon as the sale goes through, Red's gonna get off his fat lazy @$$ and spend some money.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I want smoot or Surtain...... They are the 2 best out there right now.......perferably surtain
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Vikes could use Surtain. Can't say Smoot would be a good value or fit, but the longer he stays on the market the more his price comes down. As for the trading for Surtain, I'd say trade our 2nd Rd pick for him.

Or, if going with two 1st rounders for him and #2, use #7 this year and next year's 1st and 3rd to get Surtain and the #2 overall. That would allow the Vikes to get DJ, the #18 (DE or Safety) and Surtain.

Also, we need to add depth at CB so burners like Fabian Washington, Darrent Williams, or Ronald Bartell could come in Rds 3 or 4 and work special teams while grooming for the future.
Riddle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Yeah, the Vikes could use Surtain. Can't say Smoot would be a good value or fit, but the longer he stays on the market the more his price comes down. As for the trading for Surtain, I'd say trade our 2nd Rd pick for him.

Or, if going with two 1st rounders for him and #2, use #7 this year and next year's 1st and 3rd to get Surtain and the #2 overall. That would allow the Vikes to get DJ, the #18 (DE or Safety) and Surtain.

Also, we need to add depth at CB so burners like Fabian Washington, Darrent Williams, or Ronald Bartell could come in Rds 3 or 4 and work special teams while grooming for the future.

i would wrather keep next years pick and give up both this year, i think next years pick will be lower than 18, but next year is supposed to be a better draft...so yeah, i dunno...either way its a good deal for us to get surtain and the 2

Here's to football!

Riddle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:

i would wrather keep next years pick and give up both this year, i think next years pick will be lower than 18, but next year is supposed to be a better draft...so yeah, i dunno...either way its a good deal for us to get surtain and the 2

Here's to football!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: