Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: New Mock Reply with quote

Has any seen Mel kiper Jr.s newest mock draft that i believe had come out today!! if so please tell me what it looks like or send the link!
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I seen him on ESPN, he said Lions would draft Merriman de/olb at the 10th pick.

I hope we trade down.

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wouldnt mind getting merriman. if we trade down what will it look like
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Merriman! I thought I posted a thread on us taking him at 10 but I guess I only posted it in my other Lions fourm. If we address other needs in free agency this guy is a stud. He went from 260 to 276 and can play olb de or as some teams are prjecting mlb. I am intrigued with him at mlb with Boss and Lehman on the outside. That would be a year from now with homes gettign another year older. Until them we could use his raw talent and move him around as he is a freak of nature athletic wise and could really get to the qb. If we didnt move him to mlb he could end up being a de as most scout said his chisled frame could easily add antother 10 to 15 lbs putting him to 290. He is rapidly moving up the charts! I love Roelle too but I dont think he lasts and as I mentioned a feww minutes ago Thomas Davis is up to 230 and like Shazor is being projected as a olb and not a strong safety!
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all these "pro" eye for talent mock drafting guys....If they really did have an eye for talent for college footbal prospects,wouldnt they have a job as a scout for some NFL team?I mean come on these guys are overated,but they do get paid to do that [inappropriate/removed] but wouldnt it be easier and fun to be an NFL scout...Thats why I say there overated!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of them used to be scouts or work in a front office somewhere. Eventually the team gets new management and they get canned, so they take jobs where their experience can be useful, plus it probably pays better.
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I have ESPN Insider and Kiper doesn't have us taking Merriman... no that would make too much sense, as he is now the #1 DE in the draft that he weighed in at 271. He has us taking the lesser talented Dan Cody. Cody may have to be a OLB in the NFL, he weighed in at 254 at the combine, which isn't big enough for a DE in the NFL.
Footballs Future member #10
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merriman won't last til #10, I just have this gut feeling that Minnesota will take him at #7.

Some mock had them taking a DT, but with the signing of Pat Williams, they need another DE opposite of Udeze. I think they take defense. Pac man won't run nearly as fast as Kiper thinks and he slides down past #10, Rolle goes top 6 and Merriman gets taken by Minnesota.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: