Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RedandGold shocking twisted 2 round mock 4/19 Shocking !!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will Houston take at Number 1
Reggie Bush
65%
 65%  [ 23 ]
Mario Williams
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Vince Young (he still beleives he has a shot)
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

RedandGold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: RedandGold shocking twisted 2 round mock 4/19 Shocking !!!! Reply with quote

I decided to try the what if senario as in what if Houston takes Mario Williams

Saints trade 2006 1st round (2) to New York Jets for 2006 1st round (4 and 29)
Pick value Saints 2600 NewYork Jets 2440 pretty even unless the NYJ throw in a late rounder

1. Houston Texans
Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
Something isn't right in Houston...Some team officials not meeting with Bush...no contract talks. Not even saying how much they want Bush. We know that Houston loved Williams at the Combine because of his size and speed....Still giving up Bush may be a mistake. Right now I think Houston is 50/50 between Williams and Bush.

2. New York Jets
Reggie Bush RB USC
Jets arent taking any chances of Bush falling. Sure the Jets need O Line help but how could they let Bush get away when they know Martin doesnt have much left. If the draft did play this way I think the Jets would be most likely to trade up and getting the RB of their dreams.

3. Tennessee Titans
Matt Leinart QB USC
The McNair saga continues... no matter how it plays out both sides arent gonna be happy...It is possible McNair restructures once again to stay with and retire a Titan....Whether he does or not a new QB will have to be found...Leinart is a lot more NFL ready then Young and Norm Chow will pull every string he has to get Leinart at number 3.

4. New Orleans Saints
D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Saints are the big winners here...they get the guy they want and pick up an extra 1st rounder how sweet is that? Ferguson will be a cornerstone on the Offensive Line for the next decade. He has high character and top ability...shined at the Senior Bowl and will start from day 1.

5. Green Bay Packers
A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State
Up until today I thought the Broncos might make a move for this spot to grab Davis but that idea is gone now and the Packers make the pick. Hawk would be a perfect fit at OLB and may be the best defensive player in the entire draft.

6. San Francisco 49ers
Vernon Davis TE Maryland
9ers need help all over the board...and with Hawk off Davis is the next most likely...Davis was the fastest TE at the combine ever (4.38 speed). He has good size and great hands. Yes Davis will make an excellent safety valve for 2nd year QB Alex Smith.

7. Oakland Raiders
Vince Young QB Texas
Oakland gave Brooks a short term contract for a reason....It gives them time to develop Young for a year. Young has as much up side as an QB in the draft but his mechanics are poor and he has to learn a new system...A year should be enough.

8. Buffalo Bills
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
Bills will shore up a poor run defense with Ngata. Haloti is a true NT with both power and speed to command double teams and let the LBs roam free. He is a man on defense that must always be accounted for.

9. Detroit Lions
Michael Huff CB/S Texas
This is a no brainer if Huff is on the board...He is a true playmaker and will be one of the leagues best FS immediately...He can alsobe used as a CB when the situation calls for it. If Huff makes it all the way to number 9 hes a Lion.

10. Arizona Cardinals
Winston Justice OT USC
I have been going over this pick in my mind for quite some time now and I remember one of the reasons Edge signed here is because Dennis Green promised to make upgrading the Offensive Line a priority. Cutler is possible but I'm guessing he falls a little further.

11. St. Louis Rams
Manny Lawson OLB/DE North Carolina State
I'm sure the Rams wouldnt mind trading this pick or even hoping Huff falls but if they stay I say the Rams fill the need at SLB.. Lawson has a lot of tools and is a terror rushing the passer...He can be a situational DE also.

12. Cleveland Browns
Broderick Bunkley DT Florida State
Romeo of Romeo where for is thou Defensive Line.....Denver lol!!!!!! Yes its time to rebuild the defensive line with a very explosive DT in Bunkley...He has the speed and power to collapse the pocket for the inside and has a non stop motor. Will be an instant favorite in the Dawg Pound.

13. Baltimore Ravens
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
Ravens have been linked to a team in the market for McNair's services if released...If he is or isnt it doesnt matter...McNair would start for a year or 2...if not Boller is close to being shown the door....Enter Jay Cutler...Would be preferable to let him sit and learn for a year but has the talent to compete with Boller right away.

14. Philadelphia Eagles
Chad Greenway OLB Iowa
After a poor combine Greenway is back on the charts headed for Philly. Dont let his combine numbers fool you he is a playmaker and would start right away...A dark horse candidate for this pick would be DeAngelo Williams RB stay tuned.

15.Denver Broncos
Chad Jackson WR Florida
Some say the Broncos are committed to LenDale White because he fits their system..Some think DE....personally I think Hali might be available in the 2nd and they arent satisified with taking White this early with his injury....Chad Jackson will be the successor to Rod Smith who is already very close to retirement.

16. Miami Dolphins
Donte Whitner S Ohio State
Miami needs help in their secondary and Whitner has been soaring up draft boards as of late...With the losses of Surtain and Madison in the past 2 years there is need for talent...Picking up Allen in FA was a step in the right direction but more help is needed.

17. Minnesota Vikings
Ernie Sims OLB Florida State
Vikes would find themselves fortunate to get a LB with the quality of Sims right here...Sims is fast and will make plays sideline to sideline...Could bre a steal.

18. Dallas Cowboys
Kamerion Wimbley OLB/DE Florida State
After locking up their need at FS they move on to thier next biggest need at OLB...A former Defensive End Wimbley wont have the size to play that position...but could excel as a starting LB for Dallas....Ware on one side Wimbley on the other is a dream come true for Parcells.

19. San Diego Chargers
Marcus McNeill OT Auburn
Tricky call here...because of all the top CBs and Safeties on the board....With that much depth I think San Diego will take the best of the rest in round 2.

20. Kansas City Chiefs
Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
Having one of the worst secondaries in the league last season was painful...missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record made it worse....Williams can come in and start at any position in the secondary....Has the speed to play CB and the size to play SS....

21. New England Patriots
Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
One of the top priorities for the Pats has to be WR. I know secondary is also a concern but I was going by what the Pats fans had poste on the team page....Jackson is off the board but Holmes is a nice consolation prize.

22. San Francisco 49ers
DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
9ers could have gotten a good OLB in round 2 but traded away picks in round 2 and 3 to get back here....RB yes a RB to help Alex Smith...It was pretty obvious that Barlow is done and Gore is a question mark at best.... Williams could go much higher but if he fell I see Williams and Davis become solid building blocks for a growing offense.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tye Hill CB Clemson
Tampa has 2 top corners but lacks depth. If Hill was about 3 inches taller he would go to St Louis easily...Hes got speed and polish to keep up with the smaller faster WRs that teams seem to be using right now.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State
Outstanding size/speed ratio a new kinda CB 6'3" with 4.38 speed.....not alot of bad to say about him other then coming off an ACL but looks to be at full speed.

25. New York Giants
Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State
One of the top needs is now filled by the GMen....If a top WR fell it could change the pick.....Still Carpenter is tremendous value and has good pass rush skills.

26. Chicago Bears
Leonard Pope TE Georgia
If the Bears offense could put together any kind of attack they are potential Super Bowl Contenders....Defense is about the best in the league and the fact they draft at 26 with one of the worst offenses says alot about the team... Pope will be an immediate weapon for Rex.

27. Carolina Panthers
LenDale White RB USC
To some its a surprise pick but White is a true power back and will compliment Foster nicely...Davis is gone and anotehr back is a top need of the Panthers.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars
Laurance Maroney RB Minnesota
I dont think Jacksonville can let a top back get away. Fragile Fred even suggested he may be playing elsewhere this season...If Taylor does stay his health is always in question and Maroney can help shoulder the load.

29. New Orleans Saints
D'Qwell Jackson ILB Maryland
Saints are making out like bandits today as they add a top LB to their unit...Jackson is an instant upgrade for one of the leagues worst LB corps....Saints are on the move.

30. Indianapolis Colts
Joseph Addai RB LSU
Colts are forced to bite the bullet and make a reach here....this years crop at RB is pretty thin and they cant wait to see whats left at the end of round 2....Edge left a big hole and its the top priority to fill it...Dungy is a smart man and he loves defense...but knows how much the play action helps the offense..

31.Seattle Seahawks
Max Jean-Gilles OG
Losing Hutchinson was huge...If Alexander wants any kinda success like last season the interior is gonna need some help...Hutchinson's role wont be filled easily...but the Hawks can take the best OG in the draft and keep thier fingers crossed.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers
Sinorice Moss WR Miami
Randel El left for the money cant blame him on that...but still there is a pretty big need for WR in Pittsburgh. Moss is also a smaller speedy receiver like Randel El....

Round 2
33. Houston Texans
Eric Winston OT Miami
Texans cant afford to keep throwing Carr to the wolves....seems every season since he started hes setting the record for getting sacked....Winston will help lower that sack total and the pick will be cheered by Mrs. Carr.

34. New Orleans Saints
Nick Mangold OC Ohio State
Losing Bentley was a big loss...Mangold will fill that void.

35. New York Jets
Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
Abraham is gone but now replaced.

36. Green Bay Packers
Gabe Watson DT Michign
Watson will step in and get serious about stopping the run...Watson taking on blockers and Hak roaming free is a lethal combination.

37. Denver Broncos
Tamba Hali DE Penn State
Broncos gamble and win here...tehy pick up an extra pick get the guy they want and save some money...truely another winner at this years draft.

38. Oakland Raiders
Claude Wroten DT LSU
Washington was released and Sapp has a year or 2 left...Wroten is a top talent and is moving back up the charts.

39. Tennessee Titans
DeMarco Ryans OLB Alabama
Titans are in full swing rebuilding.

40. Detroit Lions
Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa
Hodge and Huff start making Detroits defense respectable.

41. Arizona Cardinals
Jason Allen CB/S Tennseese
Cards fill a need in their secondary.

42. Buffalo Bills
Jon Scott OT Texas
Bills work the O Line now to protect their QB ...Whoever he may be.

43. Cleveland Browns
Daryn College OT Boise State
Browns made some strides on their offensive line but Shaffer and Tucker can be upgraded.

44. Baltimore Ravens
Davin Joseph OG Oklahoma
Interior of the Baltimore line is a mess.

45. Philadelphia Eagles
Taitusi Lutui OG USC
Depth at OG and OT now provided...Would have gone Woten or Watson but both are off the board.

46. St. Louis Rams
Jonathon Joseph CB South Carolina
A TE here is a possibility but coudl the rams pass on a CB with 4.3 speed when they have one of the worst secondaries in the league....I think they wait and get their TE in round 3.

47. Atlanta Falcons
Ko Simpson FS South Carolina
Falcons get Simpson here d'oh maybe we can call him Komer Simpson or something...In any case he will be an instant asset in the secondary of Atlanta.

48. Minnesota Vikings
Darnell "Boda" Bing SS USC
Chavous left leaving a hole in the Vikes secondary...Bing will fill that hole well.

49. Dallas Cowboys
Orien Harris DT Miami
The OLine seems to be better through FA but Glover will be missed.

50. San Diego Chargers
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Depth to the secondary is a must in this years draft.

51. Minnesota Vikings
Brodie Croyle QB Alabama
Brad Johnson can be the man for a season or 2 but he isnt the long term answer.

52. New England Patriots
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Harrison cant play forever.....though I know if they would let him on to the field in a wheelchair he would still make a ton of tackles... Either way younger players are needed...and its hard for me to say cause I went to school with Rondey.

53. Washington Redskins
Ryan O'Callaghan OG California
Saunders knows the value of a strong offensive line...especially when ya got a young QB waiting in the wings.

54. Kansas City Chiefs
Pat Watkins S Florida State
Chiefs continue to strengthen thie rsecondary..Herm cheers.

55. Cincinnati Bengals
Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
Getting Lewis here is an outright steal...Bengals cover some major needs early.

56. New York Giants
Derek Hagan WR ASU
Another weapon for Eli.

57. Chicago Bears
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Bears dont have many needs on defense...but could use an upgrade at CB.

58. Carolina Panthers
Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
Losing Witherspoon hurts and he must be replaced.

59. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Roger McIntosh OLB Miami
Brooks has been talked about as a future cap casuality...McIntosh can learn from the best for a season and provide solid depth.

60. Jacksonville Jaguars
A.J.Nicholson OLB Florida State
Jags role the dice here because replacing Ayodele is a top priority and any TE at this point will be a reach.

61. Denver Broncos
Daniel Bullocks S Nebraska
Broncos need depth int he secondary.

62. Indianapolis Colts
Richard Marshall CB Fresno State
Dungy made it clear he wants to improve the secondary and the current OLBs left ont he board are already picked over.

63. Seattle Seahawks
Dee Webb CB Florida
The Hawks look to add some depth to their secondary.

64. Pittsburgh Steelers
Darryl Tapp DE Va Tech
Kimo is gone Smith is old....Tapp is a true blue collar worker

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan

Last edited by RedandGold on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
SublimeViking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Vikings draft even though you gave us
Brodie"made out of glass"Croyle
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Jags mock... we brought Maroney in for a visit, so it wouldn't surprise me... and Nicholson is a bit of a reach there.
nolaTIGER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the draft works out like this for the Saints I be very happy.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Croyle, but the other Vikings picks are good.

amctexans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be to big of a surprise if the texans pick mario many people including myself think they will
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with NC SackKing. That IS (not possibly, but is) the most perfect thing that could happen. Howard in the second would be amazing. Also I don't see it happening b/c he'll probably go in the late first, early second.
Piratecove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bucs wont not take a tackle in the first 2 rounds for sure
STATION!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Titans draft.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys:

1. I'm one of the few Boys fans that wants Bobby Carpenter rather than Wimbley but thats just IMO.
2. They'd probably take Charles Spencer here. They won't take Harris b/c he's an UT and they need a NT.

Life Goes On
gmen07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st: A+
2nd: F---

Hagan in the 2nd?? i dont think so!
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love justice in the first but please take cutler out of the consideration at all its not possible..

and Simpson over Allen in the 2nd...

SImpson is a better pure FS than Allen...Aleen has shot up boards because of his versatility we dont need someone to play CB we need a pure deep centerfeild FS....and simpson is the 2nd best FS in the draft
Dex_jackson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good niners draft
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want the Saints to trade the #2 if Bush was there.

But nice Saints pick.

Also, the Texans are favoring Bush 80/20 over Williams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: