You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland wants Huff now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmc20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Oakland wants Huff now? Reply with quote

It is looking less and less likely that the Detroit Lions are going to end up with the services of a one, Mike Huff. Not only have the 49ers and Bills hinted at interest in him, now apparently the Oakland Raiders are completely content on takeing Huff in the event that Vince Young is not avaliable at their spot. So now, it will be tense for us Huff fans as we sit through the hour leading up to the Lions being on the clock.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/NFL_Czar
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Oakland wants Huff now? Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
It is looking less and less likely that the Detroit Lions are going to end up with the services of a one, Mike Huff. Not only have the 49ers and Bills hinted at interest in him, now apparently the Oakland Raiders are completely content on takeing Huff in the event that Vince Young is not avaliable at their spot. So now, it will be tense for us Huff fans as we sit through the hour leading up to the Lions being on the clock.

Man this is last push until the draft. There is a lot of dis information as they call it being flung around. ESPN draft special actually had pretty good show last night and former Miami Dolphins GM actually told it well when he said teams are trying to mislead other teams.

I will not believe a whole lot from this point on until it happens.

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Oakland wants Huff now? Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:

I see Young being there for oakland so I dont think that should be a problem.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and take Huff.

Vince Young would look great at #9.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any rumors you hear and/or read about what teams are gonna do, just throw those out of your head. Everything is a game. Some teams are trying to generate trade interest for their pick. Example: The Raiders say they might take Huff, who would obviously be a great pick for the Lions. So they throw it around to see if Detroit calls and tries to move up for the Raiders pick to ensure that the Raiders dont select him. Not only would the Raiders more than likely get a player they wanted all along, they pick up another draft choice.
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say Smoke Screen? No one in ther right mind will give out draft imformation this close to the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Huff were to be drafted before us but I can almost guarantee its a smoke screen. If Young doesn't fall I think Mario Williams would fall depending on who New Orleans takes. So I really don't see Oakland tacking Huff in the 1st place.

If Young is gone
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3. Tennessee-Vince Young
4. New York-Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay-AJ Hawk
6. San Fransico-Vernon Davis
7. Oakland-Mario Williams
8. Buffalo-Broderick Bunkley

If Young is available
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee-Matt Leinart
4. New York-AJ Hawk
5. Green Bay-Mario Williams
7. Oakland-Vince Young

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrington is da man wrote:
Can you say Smoke Screen? No one in ther right mind will give out draft imformation this close to the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Huff were to be drafted before us but I can almost guarantee its a smoke screen. If Young doesn't fall I think Mario Williams would fall depending on who New Orleans takes. So I really don't see Oakland tacking Huff in the 1st place.

If Young is gone
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee-Vince Young
4. New York-Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay-AJ Hawk

If Young is available
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
4. New York-AJ Hawk
7. Oakland-Vince Young

See, i dont think you are right with the Bills taking Bunkley. He is a guy who they could trade down and still get. He has had a push lately, but even before when Ngate was the big DL name, the Bills already had mentioned they were not going to even look at OL or DL. Call it what you want, but the team i most fear of taking Huff over us is in fact the Buffalo Bills. As far as Oakland, the only reason why i see it is, that Al Davis loves Speed. Thats why he took that CB out of Nebraska the other year, the kid was a second rounder, but he put up an amazing 40 so Davis bit. Well, Huff has put up a 4.3- 40, so guess who Davis might take....Smokescreen...maybe, but more realistically it is a guess that has merit from previous picks.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Young is gone
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee-Vince Young
4. New York-Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay-AJ Hawk

If Young is available
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
4. New York-AJ Hawk
7. Oakland-Vince Young

This is realistic... (Not). There is a small chance Mario falls past two. He will not get past Green Bay. I really do not see how Mario gets out of the top four. He really established himself as the second best prospect in this draft. When Mort came out and said this little piece of info.
Quote:
"Well yesterday I talk to Ron Wolf (former GB GM who assembled all of the teams that kicked the lions butt) and asked him who he thought was the best player in the draft. Wolf told me that his 5 scouts he trusted the most when he was a GM all had Mario Williams #1 on their draft board."
That solidified his spot. Another piece of info. Back when Mangini was with NE. Their team never drafted a LB higher then the fourth round. Why would he draft one with the fourth overall pick? It makes zero sense. You take the BPA when you are selecting in the top five.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would acually not be surprised that the Raiders would take Huff if Young is gone. Al Davis loves speed for one. Charles Woodson is leaving soon. The Raiders secendary is Confused

Thanks Dcowboy
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan728004 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN draft special actually had pretty good show last night and former Miami Dolphins GM actually told it well when he said teams are trying to mislead other teams.

Dont listen to him. He misleads himself. Remember he traded a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley.

Dolphins Fan
Bamyasi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Huff is ours, that the only thing that will prevent this is not another team picking Huff, but if by some strange turn of events Hawk falls to our pick, but Huff seems very very very very likely to be to be the pick.
Oades88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Young is gone
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee-Vince Young
4. New York-Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay-AJ Hawk

If Young is available
1. Houston-Reggie Bush
4. New York-AJ Hawk
7. Oakland-Vince Young

Good Point...either way we have a chance. if not we'll still end up with a great player!
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about the draft a lot, and I happened to see an interview on Jim Rome is Burning with Winston Justice. What if Justice and Huff are both avaliable? I could see millen drafting Justice to improve our offensive line and letting Huff fall to another team. It would be an interesting 15 minutes.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be just another stupid move for Detroit if they select Justice over Huff the 2nd best Tackle in the draft whos stock isnt even close too the best tackle and leting the stud DB get away.

LOL and we wonder why we lose year after year~

If the Lions pass on Huff there idiots~

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUR KING HAS RETURNED!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: