Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2005 Browns finish 9-7 sneek into the playoffs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantherPride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: 2005 Browns finish 9-7 sneek into the playoffs? Reply with quote

Whatsup Browns fans, Carolina Panther here and I just wanted to complement you guys on your offseason so far.

First off Romeo was a great pick up for your head coach, secondly Joe Andruzzi is a nice fit for a line that could use help, and I personally think Trent Dillfer will be next years Drew Brees, I'm a big fan of his.

The only Move I did'nt like was letting Henry go so I think you guys either draft a DL or trade down and pick up Pac-man, Rodgers or Rolle.

I think the Browns will make a huge turn-around next season, Garcia wasn't a good QB and i think McCown should have played in more games, Holcomb isn't really that good either so don't feel bad about him going to Buffalo he won't start and probably would have lost his job to McCown later mext year if he stayed in Clevland.

My name is PantherPride and feel free to come and comment on the Panthers board, those guys don't like me much on there b/c I tell the truth, LOL but feel free to join me there.

SuperBowl XXXX Panthers V.S. Browns
ThunderDawg27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Yo Reply with quote

Thx for the complement Panther. U guys are lookin pretty good to, with Wahle for the O-line, along with a solid corner in Ken Lucas. I think the main thing though with Carolina is that they get healthy, cuz that's prolly the only reason why the Rams made the playoffs and u didn't. But when u guys are even still in the playoff race with a bunch of guys on IR, what's that a sign of? GOOD COACHING. And we got a guy in Crennel who can definitely coach.

-ThunderDawg27
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Browns finish 9-7 sneek into the playoffs? Reply with quote

PantherPride wrote:
The only Move I did'nt like was letting Henry go so I think you guys either draft a DL or trade down and pick up Pac-man, Rodgers or Rolle.

I think the Browns will make a huge turn-around next season, Garcia wasn't a good QB and i think McCown should have played in more games, Holcomb isn't really that good either so don't feel bad about him going to Buffalo he won't start and probably would have lost his job to McCown later mext year if he stayed in Clevland.

Letting Henry go was not really a decision they made. Henry had determined he was leaving before the end of last season. I thought maybe he might want to stay to work for Romeo, but apparently Butch had pissed him off enough that he didn't ever want to play in Cleveland again. Or maybe Savage thought Dallas' offer was too much to match. Either way, who cares? Gary Baxter will make everyone forget him. He will make an impact on the entire defense, not just the secondary. The things he learned on Baltimore's defense, and his natural leadership ability will make much more of an impact than Henry staying. If he had stayed, we couldn't have got Baxter. One door closed, a better one opened.

Don't kid yourself. At this point in his career, McCown still needs to show he can be an effective backup. If he were to start, it would be quite a few years away, and its a big IF. You're right that he needs more reps. He just needs them in Europe. That is the level he is at now. Savage said he would like to have he and Josh Harris battle it out for the third QB spot. The quote was something like "They both have the potential to be good backups in this league, and that's pretty good." I like a GM who isn't afraid to tell the truth.

Gotta add that I like the Panthers, now that they have Chris Gamble. Nick Goings is a local kid here, and it was cool to watch him run well last year. I'm sure it was painful for Panthers fans, though. God I hope you're right about your Super Bowl prediction. Anything is possible in this parity-ridden league. I'd just be happy watching a decent football team in brown and orange, as opposed to the garbage that has passed for Cleveland Browns football for the last six years. For the first time, I am fully confident in the front office and coaching staff and their ability to put a good team on the field. Barking hasn't meant this much in about 15 years. Woof! Woof!
PantherPride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, DitchDigger for the compliments, it wasn't hard for me to watch Nick run well I loved it as much if not more than you I have always like Nick for some unkown reason and I think they should definatly add him in some of the packages as a wide out or fullback or even runningback I could go on forever on the roles Nick could play on our offense but I think maybe they should start him over Hoover at least divide the snaps evenly among them.

Or maybe if you guys like him and so does Rome we could trade him to you for a 3rd or 4th I think he could get 1200-1300 yards if he was a starter, but we can't trade him we need the depth.

Well I'll check back later
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as well. Doesn't sound too enticing.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 Browns finish 9-7 sneek into the playoffs? Reply with quote

PantherPride wrote:

I hope you are right, double P!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty of reason to believe the Browns may earn their way into the playoffs in 2005.

It won't be easy. But let's see how many right moves in a row Mr. Savage can make.

I believe he challenges himself to this task. Meaning when he does make a wrong move, (not yet by the way) look out.

I only have one correction to your post.

Super Bowl XXXX Browns beat Panthers in not so big of an upset.

HooowwwwlllllLLLL !!!!!!

I still like the name Cleveland Cougers. Maybe a couple of Sabers on the Helmet.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for a playoff run...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: