Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Free Agency Score Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halradio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Rams Free Agency Score Card Reply with quote

How well do you think the Rams have done thus far in Free Agency?

With the amount of cap money they had available, I think the Rams have done very well thus far.

So far the Rams have managed to shore up one of the shakiest LB corps in the league; grab a much needed special teams ace; and got a true recieving threat at TE.

And they didn't overpay for any of these guys.

Yeah none of these guys are exactly head line grabbers, but I say so what.

I mean did we really miss out on a LB that missed most of the past two seasons (K. Bell)

Or how about the Rams NOT throwing big money at an over hyped corner (F Smoot and S. Rolle)

And as much as the Rams needed help on the O-line, the price was just too high on this years FA crop. I mean does anyone think the 49ers made a good investment in OT Jennings?

Tell me what you think.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely i love the moves and money spent and i think that in the draft we can fill our holes at OL and DB without overpaying
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I score each addition:

Claiborne: A = A huge improvement for the price. If he stays healthy he'll have a great year leading our defense.
Coakley: B- = Adds veteran leadership, and a solid player to replace the underachieving Polley
Williams: C- = He's a good blocker and knows the offense, but he had problems last time he was here with comitting stuipid penalties and killing drives. If he can cut that crap out, he'll be pretty helpful.
Pace: A+++++++++++ = It's about frickin time. We've got a top 3 LT signed for life. Now to fix the other end.
magscivic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if I'd give Claiborne an A maybe a B and Coakley a C...Williams, you mean Grant Williams? eh maybe a C (he better get better)
Pace A- to B+ I think we paid a little too much but its good to have him on board 4 ever!

You know we could still offer a 2nd rounder to Miami for Surtain and get our stud CB we are looking for! Can we afford his salary though? How much is it and how old is he?

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent
nickelpete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiborne??? A???
No, dear Rams fans. How does signing a player that twice his previous team refused to resign qualify as an "A" player???
They always say if you're gonna copy someone else's work, never copy from someone dumber than yourself; The Vikings LB core last year was downright special ed!
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Clairborne isn't the best MLB out there; however, he is an upgrade for what the Rams had.

And we got him at a good price to boot so taking all that in consideration he is a decent pick up.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree Clairborne isn't the best MLB out there; however, he is an upgrade for what the Rams had.

Man...I'd almost be an upgrade over Jamie Duncan and Don Davis and Robert Thomas...Losing London Fletcher was bigger than we all thought at the time...

BTW, I have to say how wrong I was on Thomas...I cheered loudly when they drafted him....he was an animal in college...constantly the best player on the field...always in the other teams backfield disrupting things...I guess taking the next step was too big for him becasue he seems superbly overmatched in the NFL.
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got that right about London Fletcher. MLB has been a gaping hole since he left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: