Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Johnson, Sign Thomas, Play Football!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Draft Johnson, Sign Thomas, Play Football! Reply with quote

Draft Derrick Johnson number 4 and make the defense even more awesome. Resign A-Train instead of drafting another running back. That does it for salary cap. Draft the best available player in the second round. Get to practice and get 'er done!
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't take Derrick Johnson @ #4 - that's just too high for him. They'll probably take a WR, or if both Edwards/Williams are off the board, then take a RB.

Besides, I've seen where there's a small concern about Johnson that was the same issue that dogged Urlacher in his first couple of years in the league - his ability to take on & shed blockers. Question is real simple - can he take on blocks & beat them consistantly?
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are saying that DJ is only as good as Urlacher .... DRAFT HIM!!!!!!
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to be Derrick Johnson @ #4 - the Bears need offensive help, & everybody in the Bears brain trust is focused there:
1. Another big, tall possession WR (still; even with Moose on board). Probably using our #4 pick (1st round)
2. A backup RB. Probably using our #39 pick (2nd round)
3. An OLT (although that may be taken care of with Tait moving to OLT). That's probably a next year draft issue.
4. An OG. FA is a real possibility, or our 4th round pick.
5. An OLB. FA is a real possibility, or maybe even trying something with Michael Haynes.
6. A TE. Our 4th round pick is a possibility.
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone is missing the boat in thinking that da bears need offensive help ... well, maybe a decent backup qb. The problem last year was not talent ... except maybe at backup qb ... but injuries! Everybody is healthy now. Hopefully they will stay that way! The weakest part of the offense is QB, because Grossman and Krenzel are still essentially rookies. But we can't afford to do anything about that right now. Just have to hope for the best ... which is Grossman gettin' er done!
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only injuries on the o was the o line and yes we needed a backup qb but remember when grossman was in earlyy he had nobody open to throw to - the line gave him time but he had nobody open - the young recievers did not know how to get open - we need at least one more weapon to scare the d - thomas jones is not walter payton - hes good but we have to have someone to keep them from putting 8 on the line, aka a TE or another wr.
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Grossman was tearing em up in the first couple of games. Just to remind yourself, go to Bearshistory.com and read about the injuries last year. We had 10 different starting offensive linemen. Not to mention the biggest injury on the offense ... our starting qb. I really think everyone has the wrong idea. The offense will be great this year if they can stay healthy. Certainly Jones is no Payton, but Jones and A-train together should be able to take enough time off the clock to keep the defense fresh. Believe me, I idolize Walter, I doubt there will ever be another like him. I am very thankfull I got to see every play of his pro career. I do like the idea of a big TE but I don't see any available anywhere. I remain convinced that building the defense into a jugernaut is the way back to the super bowl.
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Far as TEs go, why not Pollard.
Sure he's a lil old, but maybe a smack in the head is what clark needs.
To be showed up by someone older, stronger, faster and smarter, might just cause Clark to mature a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: