You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The best 32 QBs in the NFL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: The best 32 QBs in the NFL Reply with quote

I'm not looking for a particular order here, but suppose we have a scenario where every team has exactly one of the best 32 QBs in the league (ie The best backup is not as good as the worst starter), who are these QBs?

IMO,

Brady
Garoppolo
Tyrod Taylor
Tannehill
Moore
McCown

Luck
Mariota
Watson
Bortles

Roethlisberger
Flacco
Dalton
McCarron

Rivers
Alex Smith
Carr
Siemian

Manning
Prescott
Wentz
Cousins

Brees
Ryan
Winston
Newton

Rodgers
Bradford
Bridgewater
Stafford

Wilson
Palmer

The guys in bold currently aren't first stringers.

So I currently rank Garoppolo, Moore and AJ McCarron as the three best backup QBs in the league with Kessler, Glennon, Goff and Hoyer not good enough to be starters. Teddy Bridgewater is an anomaly of course due to his injury.

I've gambled a bit putting Desean Watson in but I think he's the most pro ready of the rookies and has the best shot to start in week 1.

The others mostly pick themselves. Interesting situation to watch is Denver because Trevor Siemian proved he's starting calibre last year but if they go with Lynch and he plays well then Siemian is suddenly one of the best backups in the league, but I honestly think they have two low end starters but neither will ever be pro bowlers.

Bortles was awful last year but very good in 2015 so I have faith in him to turn it around.

Fify.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me not understanding the premise of this question or debate, but I don't see what you're getting at here tbh. No offense.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Maybe it's just me not understanding the premise of this question or debate, but I don't see what you're getting at here tbh. No offense.

Literally just asking what backups are better than what starters

Fify.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: The best 32 QBs in the NFL Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I'm not looking for a particular order here, but suppose we have a scenario where every team has exactly one of the best 32 QBs in the league (ie The best backup is not as good as the worst starter), who are these QBs?

IMO,

Brady
Garoppolo
Tyrod Taylor
Tannehill
Moore
McCown

Luck
Mariota
Watson
Bortles

Roethlisberger
Flacco
Dalton
McCarron

Rivers
Alex Smith
Carr
Siemian

Manning
Prescott
Wentz
Cousins

Brees
Ryan
Winston
Newton

Rodgers
Bradford
Bridgewater
Stafford

Wilson
Palmer

The guys in bold currently aren't first stringers.

So I currently rank Garoppolo, Moore and AJ McCarron as the three best backup QBs in the league with Kessler, Glennon, Goff and Hoyer not good enough to be starters. Teddy Bridgewater is an anomaly of course due to his injury.

I've gambled a bit putting Desean Watson in but I think he's the most pro ready of the rookies and has the best shot to start in week 1.

The others mostly pick themselves. Interesting situation to watch is Denver because Trevor Siemian proved he's starting calibre last year but if they go with Lynch and he plays well then Siemian is suddenly one of the best backups in the league, but I honestly think they have two low end starters but neither will ever be pro bowlers.

Bortles was awful last year but very good in 2015 so I have faith in him to turn it around.

**Jay Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: