You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers G Forrest Lamp Tore his ACL

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 13007
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Chargers G Forrest Lamp Tore his ACL Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter 14m

Initial prognosis on Chargers G Forrest Lamp is torn ACL. Sending off MRI for second opinion.


Chargers with the "hold my beer" to the Ravens

But in seriousness, was one of my fav rookie prospects, always sucks to see this happen
_________________
Jets, Warriors-Knicks, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24271
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preseason hasn't even started and Chargers OL are already going down.

New city, same problems.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15116
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So their 1st and 2nd round pick out for the season? Shocked

No other team can complain about injuries.

Same old ChargIRs
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 91020
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, so sorry Charger fans and Lamp
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 753
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
So their 1st and 2nd round pick out for the season? Shocked

No other team can complain about injuries.

Same old ChargIRs

Only the 2nd rounder at this point. However, if I had a choice, I would rather have lost the 1st rounder for the season than the 2nd rounder. Rivers can make mediocre receivers look good if he had protection. Which at this point doesn't look as good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15116
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
So their 1st and 2nd round pick out for the season? Shocked

No other team can complain about injuries.

Same old ChargIRs

Only the 2nd rounder at this point. However, if I had a choice, I would rather have lost the 1st rounder for the season than the 2nd rounder. Rivers can make mediocre receivers look good if he had protection. Which at this point doesn't look as good.


Didnt I hear something about Mike Williams being out too?
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4904
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChargIRs gonna ChargIR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 753
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Xenos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
So their 1st and 2nd round pick out for the season? Shocked

No other team can complain about injuries.

Same old ChargIRs

Only the 2nd rounder at this point. However, if I had a choice, I would rather have lost the 1st rounder for the season than the 2nd rounder. Rivers can make mediocre receivers look good if he had protection. Which at this point doesn't look as good.


Didnt I hear something about Mike Williams being out too?

There's conflicting reports about that. All I know is that MW was running at practice even though he did not directly participate in training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9419
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
So their 1st and 2nd round pick out for the season? Shocked

No other team can complain about injuries.

Same old ChargIRs


Just when I begin to think the Ravens might have them beat on the injury front.

Same old ChargIRs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1711
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be Feeney replacing him? It's not like he was miles behind Lamp as a prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4904
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
Will it be Feeney replacing him? It's not like he was miles behind Lamp as a prospect.


I was under the impression Lamp and Feeney would be their starting guards. Maybe they will move Matt Slausen back to guard and have Max Tuerk and Spencer Pulley compete for the starting job at center?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13515
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers have the worst luck with injuries. To bad too as they were looking like playoff contenders.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 9474
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
Will it be Feeney replacing him? It's not like he was miles behind Lamp as a prospect.


I was under the impression Lamp and Feeney would be their starting guards. Maybe they will move Matt Slausen back to guard and have Max Tuerk and Spencer Pulley compete for the starting job at center?


Yep, Slauson from the time the new staff got here was our LG, and they had Pulley slotted in at C. Feeney was rotating in with the 1s at both RG and C, and I assumed that he was planning on playing the backup IOL role, so they had someone they were comfortable with at either OG or C so they could keep 7 OL active on gamedays.

I'm not sure what's going on with Tuerk, he has struggled snapping the ball, and hasn't been worked in at all with the 1's. I'd be surprised if they give him a crack at the starting spot at this point. Something has to be going on with him though.

So this injury hurts us more for depth purposes than anything else. While Lamp was really good, Feeney isn't THAT far behind him IMO, and both had similar profiles as OG's, so I'm pretty confident in Feeney's ability to step in and start right away, but depth is an issue now unless Tuerk really steps up.
_________________


MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group