You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatalystNX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

For updates, news, thoughts, tweets, etc. from your team's training camp. I Didn't see one of these outside of the individual team forums, so I figured I'd post one for league-wide discussion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PANTHERS UPDATES (THROUGH DAY 4):
- Cam Newton looks healthy and ready to go after shoulder surgery. They've got him on a pitch count as expected, but that seems to be more of a precaution than anything.

- Curtis Samuel has missed most of the first 4 days with a hamstring injury. He had one toward the end of OTA's, so I'm not sure if it's the same one or something new.

- Matt Kalil has looked pretty solid overall. Had some good one-on-one drills against Mario Addison the last 2 days and looks healthy and motivated. Hopefully this holds because we REALLY need that left tackle spot shored up.

- Rookie CB Corn Elder has yet to practice and is expected to miss significant time with a knee injury of some sort. It's looking like he might not play until mid-season, if he isn't put on I.R.

- Christian McCaffrey is getting reps EVERYWHERE. 1st team, 2nd team, at RB, WR, and as a returner. He'll have plenty of chances to make an impact as a rookie just based on the different ways he's being used.

- James Bradberry has looked VERY good despite practicing with a cast on his wrist due to an injury from OTA's. After such a solid rookie season, this has a lot of Panther fans excited about him moving forward.

- Kelvin Benjamin showed up to camp in great shape and has looked like his old self out there. Reports of him eating his way out of the league appear to have been exaggerated.

- Speaking of WR's, two unexpected names have been flashing big time in camp: UDFA rookie Austin Duke and FA addition Russell Shepard. It's starting to look like Shepard in particular could be a lock for the #3 WR spot, especially with Curtis Samuel not practicing due to injury. Shepard seems to have great chemistry with Cam and has been targeted a lot. While I would expect Devin Funchess to be the #2 WR, based on camp reports I wouldn't be shocked if Shepard ends up there.

On this play, he runs a picture perfect route to beat the defender for a nice gain:

https://t.co/mINGH5i6Nr

- Shaq Thompson is down to 230lbs and is apparently being used a lot at strong safety, dropping back from his OLB position into deep coverage. It seems they plan to use him as a 'Joker' hybrid this year.

- Zack Sanchez, last year's 5th round pick, looks like an extremely long shot to make the team. He has struggled badly and at one point was even playing 'dummy WR' for the defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles:

-Wentz has supposedly looked great, Foles not so much

-Blount has looked good actually receiving the ball, so maybe our offense won't be too predictable

-Jeffery looks amazing, Torrey Smith is closer to the Baltimore days than his SF days. Nelson Agholor has apparently looked decent. Jordan Matthews has been himself. Rookie Mack Hollins looks good, rookie Shelton Gibson looks awful and probably won't make the team

-our oline and dline looks good

-our corners look awful

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: