You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills trade QB Cardale Jones to Chargers for conditional 7th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Bills trade QB Cardale Jones to Chargers for conditional 7th Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822390/article/bills-trade-cardale-jones-to-chargers-for-draft-pick

Anthony Lynn must like him. High upside for sure.

Nacho Simulation Football League
bzane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit delete

Last edited by bzane on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Rivers needs to start looking over his shoulder.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird trade for Buffalo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit delete

Last edited by bzane on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Weird trade for Buffalo

It's not that I don't get trading him, I don't get the value they got

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. We have our QBOTF when Philip retires in 5 years.

That dude Elway can't even get 1. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited about this move.

I don't expect him to be a savior post-Rivers or even our QB of the future, but if he can end up being a competent backup it was worth the trade alone.

He is still relatively young, is athletic with a cannon of an arm, has upside and likely Lynn saw something he liked this past year in Buffalo.

Considering the past few years we have rolled with Kellen Clemens as our #2 with guys like Bercovici, Mettenberger and Sorensen as projects, Cardale seems like an intriguing acquisition.

Out 6th and 7th round selections from this past draft ( Tevi and Rochelle) like most late round fliers aren't even "locks" to make the roster, so the peanuts we gave up to net him were totally worth taking a shot.

Last edited by Highboltage55 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
OleXmad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it's a solid get for the Chargers and makes sense for both teams.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could actually turn into something. Good move by the chargers.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Still more support, from the end of last season, for Cardale Jones from Buffalo fans:

Quote:

marshawn lynch wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Why would they want to release him, anyway? He's by far the best QB on that roster, and is on a cheap deal to boot.

I feel bad for Bills fans. Even tough they are a division rival, it feels like their team is run by perpetual clowns.

Because of the team option. There is no denying he is the best QB we have had in awhile. The problem is if he is worth the money that he would get if we pick up the option. It wouldnt be cheap anymore like he was before. For the price that he would get many fans want a more prototypical QB that could actually lead a team to the playoffs.

I personally think it is a borderline call. I think he isnt worth the money but the next best option would be Romo and let Cardale Jones develope underhim. Or maybe Brian Hoyer who was fantastic this year before he got injured.

A suggestion that Cardale Jones might "develope" under Tony Romo, or Brian Hoyer.

Or this: counseling patience, and protective handling of Cardale, so that he might end up the starter:

Quote:
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 am Post subject: Bills QB Outlook: What do we do? Reply with quote
I'd say by now it's pretty clear Tyrod Taylor won't be receiving the rest of that contract. I'd be surprised to see him back on a smaller deal too.

Listening to WGR550 can be rough some days but I think it was Bulldog who brought this idea up and I sort of agreed with it. Don't throw Cardale Jones into this [inappropriate/removed] storm of a season, let EJ deal with it if we finally bench Taylor. Cardale's confidence could be damaged and the last thing he needs is the overreacting Bills fans calling for his head too if he doesn't perform. Give him the offseason to prepare as if he's our starter going into next season with a healthier squad, and hopefully one with some more talent to go with Shady and Sammy. If he performs well, great, we got someone potentially.

This optimism, this hope, from late last season- and now they trade him for a seventh???

Whatever happened?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a habit of trolling Buffalo fans and their forum? If so, cut it out, otherwise - frankly - Webby may just choose to block you from being able to set up an account on the new site when we roll over.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:

It does? This time last year Buffalo fans were hoping Cardale could put pressure on Tyrod to start this season. Conditional 7th is giving him away for a bag of peanuts.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Weird trade for Buffalo

It's not that I don't get trading him, I don't get the value they got

Sorry that's what i meant. I thought the Bills brass liked him as the long term guy but send him away for practically nothing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent move by the Chargers. Could solve their QB of the future issues for sure.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
OleXmad wrote:

It does? This time last year Buffalo fans were hoping Cardale could put pressure on Tyrod to start this season. Conditional 7th is giving him away for a bag of peanuts.

Yeah and the guys who drafted him were all fired, New Regimes means new QBs. To the new regime Cardale wasn't that valuable since they drafted their own project QB.

His former QBs coach (Anthony Lynn) is now HC for the chargers, so it makes sense to trade him, From a value standpoint trading a mid 4th round player in his 2nd year for a 7th is a loss but he was going to get cut anyway.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: