You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Bruton retires; worried about concussions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: David Bruton retires; worried about concussions Reply with quote

David Bruton retires after eight seasons because he's worried about concussions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/david-bruton-retires-after-eight-seasons/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

Quote:
Bruton was released by the Redskins in December and had a workout with the Ravens, but said his heart wasnít in it after suffering six concussions and dealing with other injuries over the course of his career. That meant it was time to follow a new path and the former Bronco has enrolled at the University of Colorado-Denver to pursue a future as a physical therapist.

ďIím burnt-out, definitely worry about my health,Ē Bruton said, via ESPN.com. ďAnother season was cut short by a concussion [in 2016] ó thatís six. Iím a guy who likes to use his brain. Especially back in school, I need as many brain cells as possible with all these science classes. It came down to health, and Iíve definitely had my time in the league. Iím ready to move on.Ē

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he retired because he sucks.

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Wonderful! Laughing Rolling Eyes

He's a back up/special teams player that Scot signed to be a starter, it didn't work sometimes it just doesn't work out but it was worth a shot. If he didn't have the concussion he probably would have finished the year on the roster at worst as Ihenacho's back up. We should have never signed Whitner and made him the starter. Ihenacho or Cravens should have been our starting S next to Hall/Blackmon from day 1.

I still can't believe Ihenacho was inactive early on, what a total screw up that was and it was probably driven by the front office, not the coaches. Just like I still believe it was a FO decision to cut Paea and keep Reyes only to cut Reyes a few weeks later. Paea was a disappointment but he was better than the other guys we kept over him except Baker.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Pretty much
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Pretty much
I'll probably get called a name for this but IMO it was just a poor signing by McCloughan. Bruton didn't fit our scheme as a starter because he wasn't a good cover safety. He was only back up material. He looked like Tarzan, played like Jane as a starter for us. I still don't know exactly why that was because he was a pretty awesome run defender and blitzer for the Broncos in 2015. If we ran a defense where we had a defined FS and defined SS like Seattle where he could have played a Kam Chancellor types role, perhaps it would have worked out but he wasn't great in coverage, even if he only had to play 1/2 the field.

Truly sad he didn't work out, but not every free agent is going to work out as we know. At least they moved on from him early, sadly McCloughan signed Whitner to replace him because he was a 49er - rather than just rolling with Cravens, Everett or Ihenacho as our other starting S for the seaon.

The entire Whitner starting over those younger players for the final 3 months of the season will always and forever bother me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: