You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muncy54 wrote:
NFL networks willie mcginest was at cowboys camp said Collins looks great at RT and dominated Taco on every rep ......so obviously good and bad in that

La'el was a top 10 prospect, even though guards usually don't go that high, and he's had two years to work on technique and in the weight program. Plus, Taco, as far as I recall, was never considered a top 10 talent. He'll most likely struggle this year, but hopefully it will kick in next offseason.

FYI, this is as dead as I've seen the forum in a long time.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
muncy54 wrote:
NFL networks willie mcginest was at cowboys camp said Collins looks great at RT and dominated Taco on every rep ......so obviously good and bad in that

La'el was a top 10 prospect, even though guards usually don't go that high, and he's had two years to work on technique and in the weight program. Plus, Taco, as far as I recall, was never considered a top 10 talent. He'll most likely struggle this year, but hopefully it will kick in next offseason.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I've been away a lot lately but every time I come back to visit, it just feels dead here. Really sucks. I posted huge personal news over in TACT a few days ago. Then I didn't even check the site for like 3 days. At the freaking start of training camp. I used to check this site at least 20 times a day.

My how the years have flown by.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
muncy54 wrote:

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I've been away a lot lately but every time I come back to visit, it just feels dead here. Really sucks. I posted huge personal news over in TACT a few days ago. Then I didn't even check the site for like 3 days. At the freaking start of training camp. I used to check this site at least 20 times a day.

Maybe you should concentrate on posting instead of antiquing and making babies? Just sayin' Laughing

Seriously though, I've never seen this place as dead as it is. It sucks. I depend on this site to burn time when I'm out of town. Which is always.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
muncy54 wrote:

Maybe you should concentrate on posting instead of antiquing and making babies? Just sayin' Laughing

Seriously though, I've never seen this place as dead as it is. It sucks. I depend on this site to burn time when I'm out of town. Which is always.

Hopefully the new forum will bring some life back, but yeah it's weird seeing how dead it's been

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should all be transitioning over to the new forum. Laughing

^^^El Rammy
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:
Post your top three surprise breakout camp players. . .

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Rico Gathers - I think he impresses with his blocking, and ability to make plays in the redzone. (I think there will be a few pre-snap mental errors and wrong routes, though.)

Jourdan Lewis - I think Jourdan Lewis will be a bane to every reciever not named Dez Bryant. (If cleared of DV issues)

Lucky Whitehead - Yes, I said it. I think he will make many big explosive plays, show his value as a blocker, and excel at a limited scat-back role.

(I don't count Jay Smith 'cause it is all about the injury)

This may go down as the fastest fail in the history of our forum.

Does it feel good that 'Dak Prescott doesn't resemble an NFL QB' is no longer #1 on that list?

That was never on the list. I know that you're obsessed with it, but he still hasn't shown that he can handle the load yet. We played a very vanilla, conservative offense. Until Dak proves that he isn't a one year wonder, I'll remain concerned. In case you forgot, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, and Vince Young all started out hot. How'd they turn out? They all got exposed for not being able to adjust to NFL playbooks from their zone read / spread schemes.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas signed QB Luke McCown. Good signing. Not sure he beats anyone out for a roster spot but he compotent and good competition regardless.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Dallas signed QB Luke McCown. Good signing. Not sure he beats anyone out for a roster spot but he compotent and good competition regardless.

Kaepernick must be furious based on the way he's being blackballed. Granted, he wasn't very good to begin with, but I'm positive that he'd be on a roster already had he not pulled his ridiculous stunt last season.

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Kaepernick must be furious based on the way he's being blackballed. Granted, he wasn't very good to begin with, but I'm positive that he'd be on a roster already had he not pulled his ridiculous stunt last season.

Yeah, that little stunt he pulled is coming back to bite him in the arse.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Yeah, that little stunt he pulled is coming back to bite him in the arse.
nobody wants to deal with a proven head case! Esp at the QB position
JShank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:

Rico Gathers - I think he impresses with his blocking, and ability to make plays in the redzone. (I think there will be a few pre-snap mental errors and wrong routes, though.)

Jourdan Lewis - I think Jourdan Lewis will be a bane to every reciever not named Dez Bryant. (If cleared of DV issues)

Lucky Whitehead - Yes, I said it. I think he will make many big explosive plays, show his value as a blocker, and excel at a limited scat-back role.

Does it feel good that 'Dak Prescott doesn't resemble an NFL QB' is no longer #1 on that list?

That was never on the list. I know that you're obsessed with it, but he still hasn't shown that he can handle the load yet. We played a very vanilla, conservative offense. Until Dak proves that he isn't a one year wonder, I'll remain concerned. In case you forgot, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, and Vince Young all started out hot. How'd they turn out? They all got exposed for not being able to adjust to NFL playbooks from their zone read / spread schemes.

Yea, Dak played sooo many zone read schemes last year! /s

In fact, he didn't run enough last year. . . I notice Russ Wilson is not on your list, I guess the jury is still out on him, too.
TVScout

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Good signing? He hasn't thrown a TD pass in nearly a decade and has more ints (15) than TDs (9).
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Good signing? He hasn't thrown a TD pass in nearly a decade and has more ints (15) than TDs (9).

hmmm...am i thinking of the wrong McCown?

Kiltman on the sig & avy
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:

Yea, Dak played sooo many zone read schemes last year! /s

In fact, he didn't run enough last year. . . I notice Russ Wilson is not on your list, I guess the jury is still out on him, too.

Russell Wilson never played in a zone read scheme in college. He played in a pro set at both NC State and Wisconsin. I'm guessing you never watched him. In Dak's case, there was no evidence whatsoever to suggest that he could play at the NFL level based on the system he played under at Miss State. If there was, he wouldn't have fallen to what equates to a 5th round pick. He still has a lot to prove before anyone should anoint him as anything.

Northland wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:

Dak went 13-3 as a rookie. Maybe he is a franchise QB, maybe he isn't. But he certainly "resembles an NFL QB", was a great 4th round pick, and has a place in this league.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: