You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

It's finally here. Practice starts Monday. Let's hope for an injury free preseason.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
It's finally here. Practice starts Monday. Let's hope for an injury free preseason.

Amen to that

My how the years have flown by.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

And no new suspensions.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
BigD88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

And no new suspensions.

... but they can't get injured if they're all suspended!

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
JShank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your top three surprise breakout camp players. . .

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Rico Gathers - I think he impresses with his blocking, and ability to make plays in the redzone. (I think there will be a few pre-snap mental errors and wrong routes, though.)

Jourdan Lewis - I think Jourdan Lewis will be a bane to every reciever not named Dez Bryant. (If cleared of DV issues)

Lucky Whitehead - Yes, I said it. I think he will make many big explosive plays, show his value as a blocker, and excel at a limited scat-back role.

(I don't count Jay Smith 'cause it is all about the injury)
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us cutting Scandrick or Carroll. Reason why is I think Marquez White comes in to camp and balls out.
CAPJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:

Rico Gathers - I think he impresses with his blocking, and ability to make plays in the redzone. (I think there will be a few pre-snap mental errors and wrong routes, though.)

Jourdan Lewis - I think Jourdan Lewis will be a bane to every reciever not named Dez Bryant. (If cleared of DV issues)

Lucky Whitehead - Yes, I said it. I think he will make many big explosive plays, show his value as a blocker, and excel at a limited scat-back role.

Xavier Woods - Seems to have a nose for the ball.

Jonathan Cooper - Will love playing next to Tyron and Frederick and should help make him a better player.

Ryan Switzer - I think he is going to torment DBs on the daily.
JShank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I have been a Lucky apologist for a while. . . I was wrong lol Good riddance!
acowboys62

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to camp this year? I may try to head to Frisco when they move to the Star,m. A bit nervous about just how crowded it is going to bo however.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:

This may go down as the fastest fail in the history of our forum.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:

Does it feel good that 'Dak Prescott doesn't resemble an NFL QB' is no longer #1 on that list?
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JShank wrote:

L-M-A-O!!!!!! Laughing
JShank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA Plan9, at least my "fail" had nothing to do with on-field assessments...

Dak isn't an NFL QB!

Also, it's not a complete fail on my part now that the info is out that it was a mistaken ID.

Side Note* Why is the Jourdan Lewis thing a non-issue? I mean the Zeke thing is/may be still an issue yet no charges were ever even filed. There is no year+ long "NFL" investigation into his situation? (Im happy he is clear and there are no investigations, BTW)

All of this just re-affirms my statements regarding the messy and ill-advised attempts of the NFL to implement discretionary investigations/punishment.

As for camp, is it just me, or is there less meaningful coverage of camp this year? I know it is just 2-days in, but I feel like there is usually more substance to camp coverage. Save some David Helman tweets I haven't seen much...
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:

Side Note* Why is the Jourdan Lewis thing a non-issue? I mean the Zeke thing is/may be still an issue yet no charges were ever even filed. There is no year+ long "NFL" investigation into his situation? (Im happy he is clear and there are no investigations, BTW)

Mostly because it pre-dates his entry into the league but also probably because he was (no exaggeration) mainly accused of hitting his girlfriend too hard with a pillow.

Quote:

As for camp, is it just me, or is there less meaningful coverage of camp this year? I know it is just 2-days in, but I feel like there is usually more substance to camp coverage. Save some David Helman tweets I haven't seen much...

BTB and Bryan Broaddus are your friends. Also might want to check on Field Gulls (Seattle's version of BTB) who for some reason decided to write an article on how much better Dak is than David Carr. (It's linked at BtB)
muncy54

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL networks willie mcginest was at cowboys camp said Collins looks great at RT and dominated Taco on every rep ......so obviously good and bad in that

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: