You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Al Saunders: I'll be shocked if Pryor isn't a pro bowler

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Al Saunders: I'll be shocked if Pryor isn't a pro bowler Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/241043/al-saunders-predicts-pro-bowl-season-for-redskins-wr-terrelle-pryor

Browns receivers coach Al Saunders thinks his team let a Pro Bowl wide receiver get away this offseason.

Quote:
"I will be shocked if he isn't in the Pro Bowl," said Browns receivers coach Al Saunders, via ESPN's Pat McManamon. "He's going to have that kind of year."

Pryor, in various interviews, has credited Saunders for helping him grow as a receiver. In the spring, Pryor said, "He's a big reason I made this transition, instilling confidence in me."

Saunders is a big fan.

"Working with Terrelle Pryor was a delight. He was a special guy," Saunders said late in the spring. "When you look at it, one year, never playing receiver in his life and going for over 1,000 yards, 70-some catches -- what he did was unprecedented. In one year. And I've worked with Antwaan Randle El and other guys that have made the transition from quarterback to wide receiver, but I think history will say that what Terrelle has done is phenomenal."

80-90 recs, 1100-1200 yds 8-10 TDs! Book it!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really happy we have Pryor but letting Jackson walk is one of the dumbest things this franchise has done since I can remember.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'm really happy we have Pryor but letting Jackson walk is one of the dumbest things this franchise has done since I can remember.

Time will tell--I didn't trust him not to do one of those "on the field" retirements once he got his new contract .
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Had to get younger at the wr position. Having two 30 year old WRs who make $19 mil or more a year is not a smart allocation of your cap $. With that money they were able to re-sign Moses, 4 defenders and Pryor.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

It was a risk, but Jackson was the kind of player that you either had to force the ball to or he would get very upset. I can see why they let him walk.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pryor can abuse Josh Norman on a regular basis not to mention our other corners like he has during camp then I have no worry about letting the 30 year old DeSean Jackson go. Yes, we will miss the occasional Djax deep bomb where he tracks the ball like a center fielder in baseball better than anyone else in the history of the NFL but we signed Pryor for cheaper and he's nearly as fast as Djax, has an incredible catch radius, will run any route asked of him and appears to be able to jump up and catch balls over smaller Dbs as good as any wr in the league which will greatly improve our redzone efficiency.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: