You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Record Predictions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Early Record Predictions Reply with quote

I was listening to Battle Red Blog Radio and they discussed their projected record for this years team. I think one of them guessed 7-9, and the other guessed 8-8.

I dunno about everyone else but I've got us doing a little better than that right? Although, those predictions made me think about how 7-9 or worse is a very real possibility. Kubiak's 2013 team was supposed to [inappropriate/removed] with the Patriots too right? Why couldn't it happen to this team?

I'll tell you why.

Because this team and those coaches have wrang out 3 winning seasons with 831 [inappropriate/removed] quarterbacks, and with Clowney, nor Watt never being able to produce simultaneously for whatever reason. Arian Foster falling off. [inappropriate/removed] playcalling. AN INABILITY TO GET 1 YARD DEFINITIVELY. Injuries, benchings, Mallett misses the plane, down goes Yates in the Colts game..

And so I believe deep down in my bones that Bill O Brien's Texans will do WHATEVER IT TAKES..

to go 9-7.

Even if we've got to start Braxton Miller at QB for a few weeks while Yates is on the mend, WE'RE GOIN 9-7.. and you can take that to the bank.

Deposit that [inappropriate/removed].

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the low the Texans have a pretty easy schedule. They only play 6 teams that had a winning record last season. I know things can change quickly blah blah blah.

Jags- Win
Bengals- Win
Patriots- Loss
Titans- Win
Chiefs- Loss
Browns- Win
Seahawks- Loss
Colts- Win
Rams- Win
Cardinals- Loss
Ravens- Win
Titans- Win
49ers- Win
Jags- Win
Steelers- Loss
Colts- Loss

10-6. AFC South Champions. Lose to Chiefs in Wildcard Round. 11-5 isn't out of the question at all.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOB. Is the reason we've been 9-7 instead of 11-5. He sucks. Hopefully he leaves soon and we give vrabel a shot

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
tab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I really feel like our season depends on if JJ and clowney can both stay healthy at the same time

I think if our offense can be better than last year, even by a little, and if our Defense can stay healthy, then who knows. I just want everybody to stay healthy ....
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anc260 wrote:
On the low the Texans have a pretty easy schedule. They only play 6 teams that had a winning record last season. I know things can change quickly blah blah blah.

Jags- Win
Bengals- Win
Patriots- Loss
Titans- Win
Chiefs- Loss
Browns- Win
Seahawks- Loss
Colts- Win
Rams- Win
Cardinals- Loss
Ravens- Win
Titans- Win
49ers- Win
Jags- Win
Steelers- Loss
Colts- Loss

10-6. AFC South Champions. Lose to Chiefs in Wildcard Round. 11-5 isn't out of the question at all.

not rully worried about the chiefs bruh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Brien has benefited by playing in the worst division in football his first 3 seasons. The Texans are a combined 14-4 in O'Brien's tenure vs. AFC South going 5-1, 5-1, 4-2 the past 3 seasons. The Jags are 11-37 the past 3, Titans 14-34, Colts 27-21 (8-8, 8-8, 11-5). Obviously, the Texans have three straight 9-7 seasons under O'Brien or a combined 27-21. Remove the division padding and our records have been 4-7, 4-7, 3-8.

The 7-9 predictions stem from a belief that the division cakewalk is ending as the Titans have risen to playoff contender and Colts have been underperforming the past two seasons. I don't think anyone has high hopes for the Jags, but they could be improved enough to get to 5 or 6 wins and I've seen O'Brien's Texans simply not show up for road games enough to see one of those wins come against us. An extra win or two pushes our division record to 4-2, 3-3 and we're staring at 7-9.

The other factor is O'Brien's abysmal record on the road outside the division. We have won 3 - count em 3 road games outside the division in O'Briens tenure. We beat the Browns and 3-13 Raiders in 14, pulled the TJ Yates card to beat the Bengals in 15, and last year we lost EVERY road game outside the division. Like that trendline? So please tell me what in our history suggests we have a prayer AT New England, Seattle, or Baltimore? Are we going sign Yates, the Bengal killer, to steal another there? Taking down the Rams in LA might get us a 4th roadie in the O'Brien era, but Chiefs, Cardinals, and Steelers profile as home losses as O'Briens teams generally lose at home vs. teams with winning records. Sure, we finally beat the Chiefs at home last year after getting embarassed the first two tries, but then we threw up that dud vs. San Diego to erase it.

So basically, all of that adds up to a scenario where Browns, 49ers, Rams + 3 division wins at home get us to 6 wins. Chiefs gets you to 7. Replicating our 5-1 division record gets us to 9. Road upsets at Cinn or Balt gets us to 10 or 11. Steelers or Cardinals home upset gets us to 12-13.

My bet is a regression of division record to 4-2. 1-4 on road outside div. 3-2 outside division at home. 8-8, O'Brien fired, Teflon Rick stays again. While I don't think it's likely, 6-10 isn't out of the realm as it simply requires us losing an extra division game (Colts or Titans steal one at home + stinker on road vs. Jags) and losing to Chiefs at home. 10-6 requires replicating 5-1 division record plus putting up roadies vs. Cinn & Balt + Chiefs at home + eliminating our annual home stinker. I think offense will put up better scoring and yardade totals, but will be turnover prone while defense regresses due to secondary.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our record is going to be worse than the new forum that is currently in beta.

Might want to check it out.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: