You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Auction/Snake Draft set-up

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyDennis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Auction/Snake Draft set-up Reply with quote

I am interested in setting up a league where we auction off the top 40 ranked players and then snake the rest of the draft. Anyone have experience running something like this?

We use ESPN. I don't have a ton of experience as a league manager and making manual changes.

Basically my plan was set up a fake league running an auction draft and auction off the top 40 players. Then in our real draft run a snake draft and either take those players out of the draft or leave then there with the understanding that they cannot be selected. Then after the draft go back and manually enter the players into each teams roster.

Any advice on setting up or running something like this?

I appreciate the help in advance.
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just auction the whole thing?

Allows teams to pursue any player and budget based on win now, win down the line, balance between the 2.

MFL (myfantasyleague ) can do a large auction block of players. Set the pool of money for each team to use in the auction. Transfer the rosters to espn when done.
RockyDennis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on MFL. I was not familiar with it.

I'd say close to half our league wouldn't be able to handle the strategy behind a full auction draft and would get abused by the other half. This seems like the best of both worlds.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockyDennis wrote:
Thanks for the tip on MFL. I was not familiar with it.

I'd say close to half our league wouldn't be able to handle the strategy behind a full auction draft and would get abused by the other half. This seems like the best of both worlds.

Tell the other half to learn. It's not difficult to value players based on a set amount of capital.

"I can't" = "I won't."

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: