You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Vince Carter Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyle21121

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Tor had VC and Tmac.. Damm and yeah Tor got nothing for VC which was so bizzare..

And that whole grad thing was because he loved college and a promised to his mom..

Yea Vince and TMac what could have been.

I'm not gonna kill him for the college thing I just brought it up I get that but it still was on the day before the biggest game of his life and he did get murdered for it. He really wanted to go and that's fine but it's not like you don't still graduate if you don't attend graduation I'm sure everyone there would have understood.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the most overrated player in history.

He's had a nice run as a role player in the back half of his career tho.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNC should have changed the walking ceremony date for him tbh.

mike23md on the sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Appreciate what? He's been a really good player throughout his career and he'll be a hall of famer, but I mean.... what else can really be said about him?

He really is what you want in a pro, changed his game a lot to fit what he was capable of. Imagine if Wade did something similar? Nope, cause he is a selfish player/person.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Carter isn't even in Dwyane Wade's league. Don't disrespect D. Wade like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Vince Carter isn't even in Dwyane Wade's league. Don't disrespect D. Wade like that.

Never said Carter was better but I certainly respect him more for changing his game to fit what teams need out of him.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Never said Carter was better but I certainly respect him more for changing his game to fit what teams need out of him.
I respect D. Wade a lot for being a top 3 player in the league when LeBron joined him in Miami and eventually taking the backseat to him. Dude isn't a selfish player at all, Wade is the opposite of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I respect D. Wade a lot for being a top 3 player in the league when LeBron joined him in Miami and eventually taking the backseat to him. Dude isn't a selfish player at all, Wade is the opposite of that.

He took a backseat because he had to, he made no effort to change his game to accommodate for Lebron. If anything Bron accommodated for him by developing workable 3. Bosh changed his game to being a very good defender/3 point shooter. Wade stayed the same.

I don't.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

He took a backseat because he had to, he made no effort to change his game to accommodate for Lebron. If anything Bron accommodated for him by developing workable 3. Bosh changed his game to being a very good defender/3 point shooter. Wade stayed the same.
He actually didn't 'have to' and most guys in his situation would not have done that. The Miami Heat was Dwyane Wade's team... LeBron JOINED HIM. Wade had already won a championship WITHOUT LeBron.

Like, LeBron was the best player in the NBA at the time he joined the Heat. But I can guarantee you that if he would have went to the Lakers.... Kobe would not have taken a backseat to him.... ever. Kobe is the selfish person you're talking about.

What Wade did should be appreciated because the guy is literally one of the greatest SG's to ever play the game of basketball and he took a backseat IN HIS PRIME to a guy who joined his team. Most dudes would not do that.

Salute to D. Wade.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

That's very true. Good points.

Although, I still wouldn't call DWade selfish. Egotistical? I guess so. But selfish? Ionno, that's a bit too much for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Toronto Vince is my favorite player ever. He's like the Randy Moss of the NBA for me (just on a lower level). He was awesome and will make the Hall of Fame, but he could and should have been so much more based on his talent.
Just curious, how could Moss have been so much more? He's the second best WR of all-time, IMO. Only guy ahead of him is the immortal Jerry Rice.

Gimme TO over Randy Moss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Toronto Vince is my favorite player ever. He's like the Randy Moss of the NBA for me (just on a lower level). He was awesome and will make the Hall of Fame, but he could and should have been so much more based on his talent.
Just curious, how could Moss have been so much more? He's the second best WR of all-time, IMO. Only guy ahead of him is the immortal Jerry Rice.

It's Moss IMO..

Then Tory Holt Razz Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
the lone star wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

It's Moss IMO..

Then Tory Holt Razz Razz

Maybe we gotta move this thread to another forum now. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Agreed. Vince really should have made an all-defensive team too. Sucks that he doesn't have any.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
teamorange wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Agreed. Vince really should have made an all-defensive team too. Sucks that he doesn't have any.

Vince was never a good or willing defender in his prime.

He became better as he got older but never enough to be all defense.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: