You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Far Too Early NBA Awards Prediction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
I'm sorry but Kawhi will never win MVP! I will quit this forum if he does.
He's gotten 2nd and 3rd the last 2 seasons. While everyone else has gotten more help, Kawhi will be the lone star for his team. If the Spurs get the 2nd seed again and Leonard simply repeats what he did last season, he'll have a great chance.

Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

Will the front runners specially Harden
whose a shoe in to win one.
Harden's stats will decrease now that Chris Paul is playing with him.

Will help him more IMO as they win more games!
Harden is destined to win one sooner than later..

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
He's gotten 2nd and 3rd the last 2 seasons. While everyone else has gotten more help, Kawhi will be the lone star for his team. If the Spurs get the 2nd seed again and Leonard simply repeats what he did last season, he'll have a great chance.

Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

Harden's stats will decrease now that Chris Paul is playing with him.

Will help him more IMO as they win more games!
Harden is destined to win one sooner than later..
Yea, they win more games. But Harden doesn't have to do it all anymore. I don't really see any way his stats from last year stay the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

Why is Harden a shoe-in to win one and Leonard not? Harden is also about to have his numbers (most likely) decrease because of the addition of CP3.

Leonard finished ahead of 3 of those 4 last season and 3 of those 4 in 2016. Calling LeBron a front-runner over Leonard just isn't correct anymore.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

Why is Harden a shoe-in to win one and Leonard not? Harden is also about to have his numbers (most likely) decrease because of the addition of CP3.

Leonard finished ahead of 3 of those 4 last season and 3 of those 4 in 2016. Calling LeBron a front-runner over Leonard just isn't correct anymore.
He hates Leonard because people have been saying he's a better player than Paul George for quite a while now lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

He hates Leonard because people have been saying he's a better player than Paul George for quite a while now lol

And because Indy originally drafted him and gave him up for George hill.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Far Too Early NBA Awards Prediction Thread Reply with quote

MVP: Karl Anthony-Towns
DPOY: Joel Embiid
ROY: Ben Simmons
6th Man: Derrick Rose
Most Improved: Buddy Hield

Coach Of The Year: Tom Thibodeau
Executive Of The Year: Daryl Morey

Slam Dunk Champion: Derrick Jones Jr.
3 Point Contest Champ: Kyrie Irving
Skills Challenge Champion: Kristaps Porzingis
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Far Too Early NBA Awards Prediction Thread Reply with quote

[b]MVP: Kawahi Leonard
With all the NBA team ups, Leonard has the opportunity to finally take home the award that he has finished 3rd and 2nd for in the past. The Spurs will still be a top 4 seed, and last years MVP blew the door off the team record argument

DPOY:Paul George
Kind of a wild card pick here, but i think that PG will have a solid defensive season and the team will win a lot of games. It will be a perfect storm to get him in the running. Probably my least confident pick

ROY: Lonzo Ball
This shouldnt be a question. he is going to put up numbers on a bad team, and i think he will struggle shooting the ball, but will still put up 6 assists and 5 rebounds a game, maybe more. Ben Simmons leading the 76ers to the 8th seed might steal it away

6th Man: Eric Gordon
Gordon should get even more open looks with CP3 or Harden running the 2nd unit. He will score 15 or more a game on possibly a top 5 team in the league just like last season. It would be an accomplishment to win it 2 years straight, but hes going to be the 3rd best player on a 55 win team that scores 115 or more points per game

Most Improved: Jonathan Simmons
hes set up for a big run with the magic

Coach Of The Year: billy donavan

Executive Of The Year: Daryl Morey

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Harden-Curry-Lebron-KD

Harden isn't a shoe in, but a decrease in his numbers won't stop him from winning. He averaged 27/7/6 when he finished 2nd to curry a few years back. Guys don't have to put up triple doubles to win MVP.

And it's not like CP3 is a 25-30 point scorer. He's probably gonna be an 18/8 guy for the rockets.

I could see Harden hitting a higher % o his shots because he won't be taking all contested shots. He's gonna get open. The assists will still rain down even with CP3. CP3 will miss 10-12 games at least, which Harden can stat pad. Plus I suspect that CP3 plays 4-5 fewer minutes per game than Harden.

I think Harden can put up 28/8/8 this coming season on 45/37/85 shooting. If he does that and CP3 goes for 18/8/4, then Harden will still get credit for it and if they were to win 58-60 games and finish well ahead of the Spurs then Harden has a great chance at MVP.

If the rockets are smart then they are going to keep CP3 to under 32 minutes. Which means 16 minutes per game that Harden is running the show like last year.

I would stagger the minutes like this

1st Q 12-6 both guys
1st Q 6-0 Harden only
2nd Q 12-6 CP3 only
2nd Q 6-4 Harden only
2nd Q 4-0 both guys

Harden - 18
CP3 - 16

Repeat in the 2nd half with CP3 possibly playing the entire 4th if the situation calls for it, but otherwise it keeps him fresh, and ready to go. harden can play 36 minutes a night and be fine when he isn't carrying the load the whole time.

There will also be plenty of time for Eric Gordon to get his 28 minutes, or slide Tucker over to SG if we need a better match up.

the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could see Morey winning EOY.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Far Too Early NBA Awards Prediction Thread Reply with quote

MVP: K. Durant
DPOY: A. Davis
ROY: DeAaron Fox
6th Man: Lou Williams
Most Improved: Thon Maker

Coach Of The Year: Steve Clifford
Executive Of The Year: Sam Presti

Slam Dunk Champion: Jordan Bell
3 Point Contest Champ: JJ Redick
Skills Challenge Champion: Markelle Fultz
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow winning DPOY would be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Irving trade might change a lot of things. For one Irving might find himself in a Westbrook type role where he goes stat crazy and now that the team record condition has been kicked to the curb he could have a shot at it

also means that perhaps Lebron gets back in the picture for an MVP. Playing with a younger team perhaps and still leading them to the 1 or 2 seed would get him back in the mix.

also could change the All Star teams and the ALL NBA teams. Imagine if Melo and Irving both join the move to the west.

the East could legit have John Wall, IT, Lebron, Giannis, Heyward as its 5 best players

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: