You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carolina Extends Trai Turner (4 Years)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Carolina Extends Trai Turner (4 Years) Reply with quote

Quote:
Panthers signed RG Trai Turner to a four-year extension through 2021.

Interim GM Marty Hurney immediately got to work on what had been one of ex-GM Dave Gettleman's goals. Financial details are not yet available, though the guard market has exploded in recent seasons. The No. 92 overall pick of the 2014 draft, Turner has turned in back-to-back Pro Bowl campaigns, though Pro Football Focus charted him as having a down 2016. He dealt with both knee and ankle injuries last season. Turner turned 24 in June.

This happened real fast...which means we probably overpaid.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 years 45 isn't really an overpay. 11.25 APY is slightly more than what Gabe Jackson got and I haven't watched a ton of Turner, but I'm sure he's a pro bowl guard for a reason. It's a solid deal for the Panthers.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a terrible deal. I think we would like to have seen the average salary around 8-9. Not 11 but he's only 24 and is the most reliable piece in our offensive line. We keep him for the next 4 years in his prime. I can't complain about it
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
It's not a terrible deal. I think we would like to have seen the average salary around 8-9. Not 11 but he's only 24 and is the most reliable piece in our offensive line. We keep him for the next 4 years in his prime. I can't complain about it

It's just how the market is now. If the cap was still 120 mil I'd say you'd be right, but now that it's 155 and risng, times are changing.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove Gettleman and suddenly deals are able to get done.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Remove Gettleman and suddenly deals are able to get done.

It isn't like this was drawn up in 24 hours. Gettleman had a hand in the framework of this deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A team source said Rob Rogers, who handles the salary cap and contracts for the Panthers, had put the framework of the deal in place before Hurney was hired to replace Dave Gettleman.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article162691448.html#storylink=cpy
Castiron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for the Panthers. Turner is a helluva guard.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still upsets me that we selected Josh Huff over this guy in round 3.
Turner is dope. Smart to lock him up. Eagles signed Brandon Brooks for 5 years/40 million last year, but Turner is a little better, and once the cap goes up again this will probably be par for the course for an average starter, let alone a pro bowl caliber OG.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: