You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Survivor I: Conclusion, I'll read the votes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 31680
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
The Lions move was blatant but I let you talk your way around it. It wasn't until the "pickles" for hidden item #2 that I smelled something fishy with you. Laughing Laughing


Pickles???

I.. dont follow


In the Chatzy during survivor auction a couple people had said what they were going for and you stated that you went hidden item and it was pickles and didn't do anything. The strange part was that I had not submitted my move yet and nothing was posted in the thread. Because of that chatzy comment I switched to the hidden idol clue instead of the hidden item.

Then HZ revealed what everything was and there were clearly no pickles. Think d'oh! Laughing
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 31680
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
MathMan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
The Lions move was blatant but I let you talk your way around it. It wasn't until the "pickles" for hidden item #2 that I smelled something fishy with you. Laughing Laughing


Pickles???

I.. dont follow


In the Chatzy during survivor auction a couple people had said what they were going for and you stated that you went hidden item and it was pickles and didn't do anything. The strange part was that I had not submitted my move yet and nothing was posted in the thread. Because of that chatzy comment I switched to the hidden idol clue instead of the hidden item.

Then HZ revealed what everything was and there were clearly no pickles. Think d'oh! Laughing


Laughing Laughing Laughing i dont remember that. Must have been drunk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.


Yea, I actually put Mookie higher on my list intentionally. I knew based on reputation I could get Jason later and it played to my advantage.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing i dont remember that. Must have been drunk


Fully acceptable Laughing Laughing
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if anybody decides to host the second Survivor, some advice:

1. Have a massive trivia competition to kick things off, but do it BEFORE tribes are selected. That way, nobody will share answers with each other. After everybody submits moves, randomize the tribes in Chatzy, then add up all the points to see which tribe won.

2. Randomize tribes.

3. Have two Redemption Islands: One before tribes merge, and then another one after tribes merge. The second Redemption Island player comes back once there are 5 players left in the game. Gives a chance for overpowered alliances to face a new struggle.

4. Make it against the rules to communicate with players on a different tribe until after the merger, except DURING immunity challenges.

5. Allow players on Redemption Island to communicate with each other up until they face off (in order to share information from the other tribe).

6. Have a reward challenge before the Immunity Challenge in which one tribe will win a slight advantage in the next immunity (fishing gear gives them extra strength, luxury items make them more relaxed, etc).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SovereignNazgul


Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 1268
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on this:

To begin;

Quote:
Part of survivor is the social game.


Eh, social game is overrated.
Win everything, get second. It's where the real win is at. Wink

Anyway, I was relatively excited for this when it began. I -hated- how quickly the game went, however. It never allowed for anyone to have a social game with those outside of their already established friend-groups. In a single day, you could be safe, lose immunity, be voted out, go to redemption, and lose there as well - all without you knowing about it (ask Dwight, this is what happened to him, all within 8 hours). It was too fast. I know Big Brother can be a bit slow at times, but it allows the player to plan and strategize. The speed of the game was exhausting; I couldn't balance it with my every day life, and that's what made me lose interest a bit. I didn't try hard in challenges, I didn't message anyone, etc. It was almost a relief to be voted out.

And to your point, Mookie. I was never a leak. I was on #TeamMummers 100% of the time. I was -willing- to switch sides and join Touch however, but he didn't (rightfully so) trust me enough to commit. I was then voted out. After I found out there were multiple rats, I absolutely gave up your Idol, because our chat wasn't safe at that point regardless. I may as well of been the person who offers the silver platter of information.

Also, I hated the crap talk in this game. HZ, there is always going to be controversy (I give Malf some kind of crap every time we play BB), but the way you responded to much of it only escalated the issue. Ignore, stick with your guns, and a lot of this wouldn't have happened the way it did. We didn't want to battle the host, along with each other. Jason, you are very abrasive, and you do play the victim a bit. Instead of calmly explaining your side of things, you go to the extreme end and erupt on people. You aren't the must humble of people either, which definitely goes into the perception you have with those on this site (I'm not the most humble either, but c'mon - I'm a BB legend). Everyone else; don't play into the antics of others. Constantly escalating things may have been humorous at the time, but it made the game not as fun as it could have been. And looking someone up on the internet... not cool. I'm just happy you all didn't look me up, or you would have found my embarrassing Neopets account.

But, still. Don't give up hope on hosting another one of these HZ.
The first one is always the toughest. Just make sure it goes slower next time, for the love of baby Jesus.
_________________
BB4 Loser, BB6 Unanimous Loser
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SovereignNazgul


Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 1268
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.


Oh... what was I then, Malf?
The cream of the crop, the GOAT?

I was scared of you the most in this game, too.
You've seen my game-play four times in BB, and you know how I played.
I feared you knowing all of that. Of all of my DRs with my strategies.

I was certain you would get rid of me as soon as it was convenient for you.
And I imagined no one else who played BB6 would trust me either.

So, getting to Jury was a huge accomplishment for me, tbh.
_________________
BB4 Loser, BB6 Unanimous Loser
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SovereignNazgul wrote:
But, still. Don't give up hope on hosting another one of these HZ.
The first one is always the toughest. Just make sure it goes slower next time, for the love of baby Jesus.

That's one thing I will never be able to do, and one reason I would be very hesitant to ever host another one. I have no patience. I literally show up for work 15 minutes early every single day. I have never been late for anything in my life. I don't have the capacity for patience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 31680
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SovereignNazgul wrote:
MathMan wrote:
Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.


Oh... what was I then, Malf?
The cream of the crop, the GOAT?

I was scared of you the most in this game, too.
You've seen my game-play four times in BB, and you know how I played.
I feared you knowing all of that. Of all of my DRs with my strategies.

I was certain you would get rid of me as soon as it was convenient for you.
And I imagined no one else who played BB6 would trust me either.

So, getting to Jury was a huge accomplishment for me, tbh.


I begged hockey to draft you 2nd (after me)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18592
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
SovereignNazgul wrote:
MathMan wrote:
Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.


Oh... what was I then, Malf?
The cream of the crop, the GOAT?

I was scared of you the most in this game, too.
You've seen my game-play four times in BB, and you know how I played.
I feared you knowing all of that. Of all of my DRs with my strategies.

I was certain you would get rid of me as soon as it was convenient for you.
And I imagined no one else who played BB6 would trust me either.

So, getting to Jury was a huge accomplishment for me, tbh.


I begged hockey to draft you 2nd (after me)
where would you have drafted me?
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 31680
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
MathMan wrote:
SovereignNazgul wrote:
MathMan wrote:
Jason performed very well in comps and was an excellent asset to the mummers. I want to get that out there too.

I petitioned hockey to draft jason and mookie because they were undervalued gems.


Oh... what was I then, Malf?
The cream of the crop, the GOAT?

I was scared of you the most in this game, too.
You've seen my game-play four times in BB, and you know how I played.
I feared you knowing all of that. Of all of my DRs with my strategies.

I was certain you would get rid of me as soon as it was convenient for you.
And I imagined no one else who played BB6 would trust me either.

So, getting to Jury was a huge accomplishment for me, tbh.


I begged hockey to draft you 2nd (after me)
where would you have drafted me?


Lets let dwight make that mistake Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38732
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gonna see diary entries? Laughing
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
We gonna see diary entries? Laughing

I seem to have misplaced them. Razz

Note, I'm not showing them for two reasons:

1. They completely disappeared the second the first thread got locked
2. Don't need to be 2/2 on locked threads, and if I showed them, we'd get this thread locked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38732
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
We gonna see diary entries? Laughing

I seem to have misplaced them. Razz

Note, I'm not showing them for two reasons:

1. They completely disappeared the second the first thread got locked
2. Don't need to be 2/2 on locked threads, and if I showed them, we'd get this thread locked.

All me, or others? I'm sure mine would elicit a response...
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group