You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Forum Coming Soon! - Beta Test Sign Ups Are Now Open

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: New Forum Coming Soon! - Beta Test Sign Ups Are Now Open Reply with quote

Big things are in the works as Webby has been building a brand new forum with great new features. Right now, he's looking for users to be part of the beta test. If you're interested, wander over to the feedback forum and sign up today.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I encourage you to jump in here and test things out. Takes some getting used to but there are some cool new features, and upgraded user profiles that I think will be a big hit!
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get to it?

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the thread linked above, and post your wish to be invited. You'll get an invite soon after...I think. I just posted.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please provide feedback in this thread and let me know your experience so far. I'm working right now to get some useful screenshots together that will hopefully help with usability and ease any potential pain points.

More to come...
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys here's a quick guide, with screenshots and explanations.

Header Navigation

The "Browse" tab is where you'll find the forum listings, the equivalent to the "Forum Index" in the version of the site that we're used to.

The sub-tabs of "forums" is "forum index.

"Leaderboard" is based on whose posted the most, there are sub-tabs within this as well, with top members based on number of posts, post frequency, and post reputation. In the new forum there is a like button that you can hit if you like posts by other members, these are tallied to develop your "reputation."

"online users" is exactly what it sounds like.

"Staff" is a directory of the staff, from Webmaster to global mods, to forum mods.

"Guidelines" hosts the forum rules.

The "All Activity" tab gives you a stream of content, not sure yet whether this will become customizable.

Also under the "All Activity" tab is a "search" sub-tab allowing you to quickly search for a post. The filters in here are pretty robust so should be much improved over the current version.

To the top right is the sign-in drop down. Once invited you can sign in with your existing username and password.

Sign-In Drop Down

Your profile is worth checking out - huge upgrade over the current version.

Manage followed content - you can follow forums, topics, blogs or members that are hosted on Footballs Future. To follow you must be in the desired section - so the Broncos forum has a follow button - a topic that you've clicked in will have a follow button - and if you want to follow a user click to their profile.

Account settings - this holds your email address, password, the area you can update your sig, notification settings, etc.

Ignored Users - Yes you can now ignore posts from users who annoy you, or any trolls who may invade the forum. Clicking here will show you a list of those you've ignored.

Once you're in the desired forum, there's nothing new - click the topic title and begin reading. There are some new features when posting though.

Editing Your Post

the first three are the bold, italic and underline text features - same as before, highlight your text and click the button and you're all set for these.

A new addition is the strikethrough - which will put a cross out line through the highlighted words. This is directly to the right of the underline button.

Next is the link button, really easy to use if you want to hyperlink text, click the chain button to the right of the strike through, and simply type the words that you want to appear in your message, and place the link you want to direct to. No more need to write in a snippet of code to imbed a hyperlink into your text.

The " button is to insert a quote.

<> is to insert code

Very Happy is for emoticons

Next are a few more new features, and personal favorites of mine. FORMATTING!

To the right of the emoticons - bulleted lists - Start with one bullet, finish that thought and if you indent on the next line a sub-bullet in a different style will appear.

Don't want bullets and prefer numbered lists, there's a button for that as well.

After that the next three buttons are align left - align center - align right buttons.

Finally, color and size buttons.

To the bottom right you will notice an insert other media button. Simply drop the link of an image in and the image will appear in the post. I think it may even support gifs and youtube videos being put straight into the post as well.

If you guys have follow-ups or want me to run through anything else just let me know!
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put these comments in the Feedback Forum thread, but just so you know Elliott, after testing it out for a week:

1. Love that you finally have the option to go by page # and the multiquote. The @ feature is also really great, and follow/notifications. Long overdue.

2. In the advanced search engine, is it possible to specify forums? I realize if you go into the individual forum, then the default search option allows you to choose, but it might be useful in Advanced Search to have the options of choosing the Forums.

3. Is there no reporting function because this is a beta Forum? If so, totally understand. But while a very small percentage of posts need reporting, this would make it a lot easier to get the flame-fests that start get quelled in a hurry. Let the community take some work here, the Mods can't be around 24/7, but reporting posts would likely help in this regard when the usual flamefests start.

Either way, great changes.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
I put these comments in the Feedback Forum thread, but just so you know Elliott, after testing it out for a week:

1. Love that you finally have the option to go by page # and the multiquote. The @ feature is also really great, and follow/notifications. Long overdue.

2. In the advanced search engine, is it possible to specify forums? I realize if you go into the individual forum, then the default search option allows you to choose, but it might be useful in Advanced Search to have the options of choosing the Forums.

3. Is there no reporting function because this is a beta Forum? If so, totally understand. But while a very small percentage of posts need reporting, this would make it a lot easier to get the flame-fests that start get quelled in a hurry. Let the community take some work here, the Mods can't be around 24/7, but reporting posts would likely help in this regard when the usual flamefests start.

Sorry it's been a few since I've been back in here.

Regarding your Questions:

2. Great point, I will bring this up in the moderators forum.
3. I'm not sure on the reporting function. That to me, seems like a logical next step. I could see why there may be hesitation on Webmaster's end to put in a "report" button - as spam reporting may get to a level that puts too much on his plate as far as sifting through legitimate complaints.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I jumped the gun. Signups for the beta test have closed. You will be able to log into new forum August 12th.

More info here:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589300
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

Sorry it's been a few since I've been back in here.

Regarding your Questions:

2. Great point, I will bring this up in the moderators forum.
3. I'm not sure on the reporting function. That to me, seems like a logical next step. I could see why there may be hesitation on Webmaster's end to put in a "report" button - as spam reporting may get to a level that puts too much on his plate as far as sifting through legitimate complaints.

Re: #3, yeah, that's the risk. The solution is that not every reported post needed to be acted on, it's just a tool that helps the Mods ID any possible trouble spots, but reporting doesn't mean everything needs action. In Forums where this works, it's not just the Admin that sees those reports, ideally the Mods from specific Forums get access to reports from those Forums as well. But yeah, if it's only 1 guy, then that's a risk. The ideal is that the Forum population helps with the problem, as Mods shouldn't be needed 24/7 in a responsible Forum.

One weird glitch - if you go to the Barbre thread there, I copy/pasted the post from this forum that had 2 posts quoted - and for some reason, when I tried to add extra post outside the quote tree, it still included it in the quote tree, and not separate from the quote tree. Maybe it's a one-off, but in case others notice this, something to watch for.

One suggestion that comes from above:

4. There is no advanced edit available, you don't see the coding (for a quoted post, you only see the quoted post), so you can't correct the issue above. For example, once you have a quoted post, when you edit, you see the "quote" text text "/quote" (with [] instead of ""). Ideally editing posts still allows to see coding like "quote" "u" etc. (again, I'm using "" instead of [] so you can see the coding).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: