You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears Training Camp 2017 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Twitter says DeShaun Watson looks good in camp, so that means Trubisky is awful.

After one padded practice and zero regular season reps.

It's the internet, man. Hot takes are the only takes. Rotoworld is already talking about Trubisky like he's a bust and about Watson like he's a made man. It's the laziest form of journalism. Let's just ignore that taking the snap is arguably the easiest thing for him to improve upon quickly and that Trubisky the passer (the most important part of it) has been impressive.

Regardless of how well Trubisky had played, I'm sure it would have been the same for him. He is a Chicago QB, regardless of how well they play in any stretch, they get based. It seems it is just a lazy media narrative they rely on to meet quotas.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
dll2000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over in Redskins camp they are really talking up Pryor so far.

I was pounding table for him since early last football season. I watched him because I had him on my fantasy team. Arguably best athlete in NFL entering his prime and learning fast.

Can't believe more teams didn't make a play for him. He went for a song.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:

I was pounding table for him since early last football season. I watched him because I had him on my fantasy team. Arguably best athlete in NFL entering his prime and learning fast.

While I wanted to retain Jeffery, I was all for Pryor as well. I was even all for franchising him and contacting the Browns to see if they would franchise Pryor, then we could trade them for one another. At least then we get something for Jeffrey.

The lack of interest in FA still baffles me too.

Epyon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hearing a bunch of good things about:

Tanner Gentry: Who's seemingly getting more hype than Braverman did last year, and if he actually shows up in preseason could even be bumping off one of the aging Vets with no long term upside for a roster spot (with the idea being he wouldn't make it to a PS)

Tarik Cohen: This one is less surprising, since plays aren't generally going to the ground here.... and a super agile speedster is probably going to look better in "flag football"..... Even so, he's been getting a ton of attention the past few days, and I'm really eager to see him in a game situation come preseason.

Less specific, but the TE position is seemingly getting good press across the board, from what I've been reading. I'm really curious to see if we run some 2x TE sets in preseason, and possibly stack TEs instead of WRs going into the regular season.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:

Tanner Gentry: Who's seemingly getting more hype than Braverman did last year, and if he actually shows up in preseason could even be bumping off one of the aging Vets with no long term upside for a roster spot (with the idea being he wouldn't make it to a PS)

Tarik Cohen: This one is less surprising, since plays aren't generally going to the ground here.... and a super agile speedster is probably going to look better in "flag football"..... Even so, he's been getting a ton of attention the past few days, and I'm really eager to see him in a game situation come preseason.

Less specific, but the TE position is seemingly getting good press across the board, from what I've been reading. I'm really curious to see if we run some 2x TE sets in preseason, and possibly stack TEs instead of WRs going into the regular season.

I still won/t be surprised if we use Shaheen as a move end, splitting him out in the slot or wide (especially in goal line) while Sims stayed more inline. A lot like what was done when we had Des and Olsen.

G08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Epyon wrote:

I still won/t be surprised if we use Shaheen as a move end, splitting him out in the slot or wide (especially in goal line) while Sims stayed more inline. A lot like what was done when we had Des and Olsen.

I want Shaheen to be a legit 2-way TE like Sims is and I want the two-TE set to be our base. We would have no tell for if it was run or pass and Glennon/Trubisky literally can go "check with me" at the LOS based on the box count. You can quickly send Meredith, White, Sims, and Shaheen out in pass routes, keep the RB in for protection/release late, etc etc etc

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Epyon wrote:

I want Shaheen to be a legit 2-way TE like Sims is and I want the two-TE set to be our base. We would have no tell for if it was run or pass and Glennon/Trubisky literally can go "check with me" at the LOS based on the box count. You can quickly send Meredith, White, Sims, and Shaheen out in pass routes, keep the RB in for protection/release late, etc etc etc

Exactly. He should have an advantage in the pass game vs most LBs, S, or CBs due to his size/athleticism combos. He will have a hell of an advantage vs S and CBs in the run game. He should be able to drive them back and open up for space for Howard, Cunningham and Cohen.

I think he will still thrive as a run blocker when he gets adjusted to the physicality of defenders he will be lined up against. He still needs to line up in a traditional role too, but we should take advantage and help him gain experience where we can IMO. Let him line up all over if he can handle the playbook. Our offense should be all about mismatches with the size/speed combinations we have there.

bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:

Do we know for sure that they didn't make a play for him?
anonymousGM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys buying or selling the apparent feud between White and the Bears WR coach?
Facebook/Twitter: @RobReport
If you work in the NFL send me a PM!
G08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymousGM wrote:
Are you guys buying or selling the apparent feud between White and the Bears WR coach?

Join the new forum!!

I think it's a bunch of noise and Kevin White just hates the media.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
anonymousGM wrote:

Join the new forum!!

Don't care one bit about the "feud" or White's relationship with the media.

White's a guy who worked really hard to overcome a lot of adversity and become one of the top prospects in the country. His career took a huge ding his rookie year, and then just as he landed on his feet he got dinged again.

Yes, as a professional he should be handling his relationship with the media better, but I also completely expect him to be frustrated and bitter, especially when national reporters take this "Kevin White sucks" stance when he hasn't really had much of a chance for that line of thought to be justified.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

While I wanted to retain Jeffery, I was all for Pryor as well. I was even all for franchising him and contacting the Browns to see if they would franchise Pryor, then we could trade them for one another. At least then we get something for Jeffrey.

Bears fans dump on this offense (and defense, and franchise), yet can't figure out why Jeffery wanted out. Which one is it? Does the offense suck or is it the place to be?
anonymousGM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
anonymousGM wrote:

Join the new forum!!

Apparently, I didn't sign up for the Beta so I'll wait till August 12th
Facebook/Twitter: @RobReport
If you work in the NFL send me a PM!
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

Bears fans dump on this offense (and defense, and franchise), yet can't figure out why Jeffery wanted out. Which one is it? Does the offense suck or is it the place to be?

I'm sure the fans were only a small part of his decision. He is actually playing, going through practices, and trying to set up a monster contract. He probably figured his chances of success were a hell of a lot higher with Wentz slinging it over Glennon, and that Pederson/Reich were going to be able to run an offense better than Loggains. He likely believed they were going to offer a better chance at him having a big season and getting a big deal.

Besides, Eagles fans are well documented for being extremely vocal and volatile at times. If fans were the big deal, it is unlikely he would have chosen them.

Also, buy interest in FA, I meant that Jeffrey and Pryor were not getting more interest across the league. They were clearly the top young prospects, and it wasn't close.

And as of right now the offense sucks overall if you have to choose one or the other. It has potential, but is completely unproven.

As for your stance with White above, I'm in complete agreement.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: