You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bell Tagged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Spoiled kids! That is how I feel when reading comments fans make about players who feel they are worth more than what the team determines. If you're the top at whatever job you do in your everyday life, and it's a dangerous profession that you chose to do, then why would you not try to get paid?

I was the best Water Treatment NCO for my battalion. I expected to be treated like so and respected as the best. There are no hometown discounts in life, period! If you go to a store and you didn't bring enough money, you'll have to put some merchandise back. The store isn't going to be like, you're a steady customer so just take it anyway. So why should I pay for $17.89 with a $20 bill and leave them the change? Makes no sense, right?

You guys love a player when he makes YOU look good in fantasy football, destroys a rival team, sets a record, etc..... fans are sooooo damn selfish and spoiled! Go ask your boss for a raise and see what he/she tells you. Then tell us how you felt afterwards. He was suspended 3 games last year and still almost got 2,000 yards💵💵💵 That is almost unheard of!

You seem to have a soft spot for players with red flags and character issues. You defend them like its your job and youve looked foolish in the past doing so. Like it or not, those have to be taken into account, whether its drafting or (especially) giving out huge paychecks).

Most of us have nothing against paying Bell. Not one person is saying he doesnt deserve to get paid. No one WANTS Bell to leave. But Bell seems to think we should just ignore those red flags. Now, Bell may not be Vontaze Burfict, but Burfict actually gave the Bengals a pretty safe deal. Bell wants $15m+ per year and seemingly a huge amount of guaranteed money.....and he isnt a guy that has earned alot of trust outside of how good he is. He may not be injury PRONE, but he is definitely injured more than you'd like.....and like it or not, his other off field stuff is still concerning unless they change the marijuana policy.

On top of that, whether you or Bell like it, the RB position isnt as valued as it once was. Bell is more valuable because he is a force in every way a RB can be (running, passing, and blocking), but the fact is, he has been injured a little too much and plays a position with a short shelf life, so of course they are worried about giving him a huge contract....and then you add on the off field stuff.

So, while you are 100% right that Steeler fans are spoiled as hell (Ive said it many times myself)....this is not about being spoiled. This about looking at the facts and understanding the situation. Maybe you should do the same.

43m, you've always been here acting like a squeamish lil [inappropriate/removed]! You never have nor never will know me so quit with your silly lil analyzing. You always straddle a fence and try to act intelligent but always fall flat on your face. Just give it up. I stand on ALL on the prospects that I've said would be great for the Steelers: D'onte Hightower, Richard Sherman, Cliff Avril, Mike Wallace, Javon Hargrave, Aaron Donald, Jannoris Jenkins, Mark Ingram, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Dadi Nicholaus, Robert Quinn, Danielle Hunter, Everson Griffen, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, etc...

I also liked DeAndre Brown, Geno Smith, and many other guys who didn't make the NFL or who are barely hanging onto a roster spot. You've always been a coward and I've watched you over the years try to intimidate other posters. You must live a sad little life

The devaluing of the RB is more of something that can't be discussed here rather than lack of talent. The average RB is more valuable to a team than the average QB is. Laughing *sigh* Let me stop or I'll be just like you: petty and inadequate.

Haha...no, you arent petty and inadequate at all. Not you.

My comment was based on your comment (and comments youve made in the past) and was football related. You HAVE defended players with red flags many many times. Dont act like you havent.

Keep acting like you have the moral high ground....as you throw an epic hissy fit with childish insults because you know you arent smart enough to come up with anything better. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have all the details, but the Steelers made what appears to me to be a more than fair deal to Bell. He'd have made over $30m over the first two seasons. He was going to be paid 50% more than the next guy at his position.

I'm not going to begrudge Bell for wanting to get paid, but I think his expectations are unrealistic. Especially as the Steelers have the leverage. They can tag him the next two years, put all the mileage on him they want, and then let him walk at 28. That's assuming no injuries.

I think his ego has gotten in the way of a good business decision, personally. I find it hard to believe any team would cough up much more than what the Steelers seemed to be offering.

As far as the Steelers go, I'm perfectly fine using him and letting him walk in two seasons.

Quote:
The devaluing of the RB is more of something that can't be discussed here rather than lack of talent. The average RB is more valuable to a team than the average QB is. Laughing *sigh* Let me stop or I'll be just like you: petty and inadequate.

The average RB is closer to the best RB than the average QB to best QB. It's a supply and demand thing at the end of the day. There's more guys who can give you the production you need at RB, and that's the real problem for a guy like Bell.

Quote:

Keep acting like you have the moral high ground....as you throw an epic hissy fit with childish insults because you know you arent smart enough to come up with anything better. Laughing

Pot and kettles and all that...
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell does not have to sign his tag until December. He can sit out most of the season so the Steelers do not 'Run the Wheels off'.

I feel for the team but the players have such a short career to make the money. I sure hope he plays 16 games this year but I am not counting on it.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell has made no statement that he's doing to do that. His public comments in fact lead one to believe he's not considering that. And that's a strategy that's rarely used for a reason. Players who stay off the field during their peak years aren't helping themselves in the eyes of NFL people. It would lower his market value.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I read was 5 years, 60 mill. 30 mill over the first 2 years, 42 mill over the first 3 years. Something like that. He's nothing but a moron to turn that down. We already knew he was a moron though. Best RB in the NFL in my book, but with the red flags due to suspensions and injuries, I wouldn't even offer him that much. He hasn't earned guaranteed money in my book. I'm perfectly content with the franchise tag this year.

This situation right here is exactly why I was hoping the Steelers would've been able to draft Christian McCaffrey this year. I saw this coming a mile away.

Now, my hope is he re-signs for a reasonable deal, OR, in a perfect world, they'd be able to run him hard this year, let him put up monster stats and win a SB, then tag and trade him for a high pick and trade up to draft Saquon Barkley. I was just looking to see where they have Barkley mocked right now, (#3, so would be a bit hard to get up that high for him if he actually goes there) and see that he ran a 4.33 at the Penn State pro day. Wow. Dude's a stud.
warfelg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
What I read was 5 years, 60 mill. 30 mill over the first 2 years, 42 mill over the first 3 years. Something like that. He's nothing but a moron to turn that down. We already knew he was a moron though. Best RB in the NFL in my book, but with the red flags due to suspensions and injuries, I wouldn't even offer him that much. He hasn't earned guaranteed money in my book. I'm perfectly content with the franchise tag this year.

This situation right here is exactly why I was hoping the Steelers would've been able to draft Christian McCaffrey this year. I saw this coming a mile away.

Now, my hope is he re-signs for a reasonable deal, OR, in a perfect world, they'd be able to run him hard this year, let him put up monster stats and win a SB, then tag and trade him for a high pick and trade up to draft Saquon Barkley. I was just looking to see where they have Barkley mocked right now, (#3, so would be a bit hard to get up that high for him if he actually goes there) and see that he ran a 4.33 at the Penn State pro day. Wow. Dude's a stud.

I heard similar, but it's that he didn't have a huge guaranteed amount of money and that's what the breakdown in talks was over.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People say selfish but how much is actually "true" money and not contractual guaranteed money. At any point a player's contract can be terminated so it's up to each player to get as much money upfront as possible.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 million guaranteed sounds about right to me for a player that's played 16 games only once in his career. He gets that year 1.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
15 million guaranteed sounds about right to me for a player that's played 16 games only once in his career. He gets that year 1.

So $15 mil & a contract you dislike vs $12 mil and going for a new contract? I like betting on myself to continue being productive. Weed things was a one time only slip up or screw up. He's been hurt for the end of the last 2 seasons. He missed 3 regular season games and still almost got 2,000 yards. That's insane production!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

So $15 mil & a contract you dislike vs $12 mil and going for a new contract? I like betting on myself to continue being productive. Weed things was a one time only slip up or screw up. He's been hurt for the end of the last 2 seasons. He missed 3 regular season games and still almost got 2,000 yards. That's insane production!

I'd take less.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Le'Veon Bell "plans to play a full 16-game season."
Meaning he does not plan to holdout into the regular season. According to NFL Network's Ike Taylor, there is a "strong possibility" he will skip at least part of training camp, something he is able to do without fine because he has yet to sign his franchise tender. On the contract front, Bell said he turned down an offer for reportedly "over" $12 million per year because he wants to be paid like a running back and a No. 2 receiver, a number Taylor thinks is around $15 million. That is probably not going to happen anytime soon considering the Steelers can franchise him again next year for around $14.5 million, but Bell should completely reshape the running back market when he signs a long-term deal.

so much for a holdout. #RUNTHEWHEELSOFF

Smile

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
skywlker32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Le'Veon Bell "plans to play a full 16-game season."
Meaning he does not plan to holdout into the regular season. According to NFL Network's Ike Taylor, there is a "strong possibility" he will skip at least part of training camp, something he is able to do without fine because he has yet to sign his franchise tender. On the contract front, Bell said he turned down an offer for reportedly "over" $12 million per year because he wants to be paid like a running back and a No. 2 receiver, a number Taylor thinks is around $15 million. That is probably not going to happen anytime soon considering the Steelers can franchise him again next year for around $14.5 million, but Bell should completely reshape the running back market when he signs a long-term deal.

so much for a holdout. #RUNTHEWHEELSOFF

Smile

Looking at current contracts...Sanders in Denver and Cobb in Green Bay are the exceptions as #2 receivers, making $10M-$11M average each. everyone else makes closer to $6M average (just under $7M is next highest). As it has been discussed previously, McCoy is making the most as a RB currently at $8M average. Does he really think that he is worth the equivalent of both a top #2 receiver AND the #1 RB contract in the league? That is pretty unreasonable when you look at it that way.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting insight into his agent's negotiating strategy. I'm guessing they averaged contracts to justify what they were asking for.

Where are the $12-15 mil guaranteed numbers coming from? Because I'd guess the Steelers offered more than that. $30m over the first two years is pretty generous and not how the Steelers usually do contracts.

The Steelers clearly want Bell and they tend to make pretty fair offers to players. They offer contracts in good faith and intend to pay out what they offer. Very rarely do they not get a deal done when they want to. My strong hunch here is that it's simply that Bell was determined to destroy the market value.

I'm not convinced Bell will get what he's asking for even if he hits FA. Especially two years from now. But we'll see. Hopefully it motivates him further. I'll take two years of a fully motivated Bell.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
That is an interesting insight into his agent's negotiating strategy. I'm guessing they averaged contracts to justify what they were asking for.

Where are the $12-15 mil guaranteed numbers coming from? Because I'd guess the Steelers offered more than that. $30m over the first two years is pretty generous and not how the Steelers usually do contracts.

The Steelers clearly want Bell and they tend to make pretty fair offers to players. They offer contracts in good faith and intend to pay out what they offer. Very rarely do they not get a deal done when they want to. My strong hunch here is that it's simply that Bell was determined to destroy the market value.

I'm not convinced Bell will get what he's asking for even if he hits FA. Especially two years from now. But we'll see. Hopefully it motivates him further. I'll take two years of a fully motivated Bell.

It looks closer to totalling top contracts for each (#2 wr and top rb)

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

Yes. While I didn't expect a low ball offer, I did not expect the offer to be this good. I often shake my head at some of the offers they make to incoming FAs and outgoing superstars. They seem to use a "take it or leave it" approach. This deal feels different but apparently still wasn't enough.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: