You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bell Tagged
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Bell Tagged Reply with quote

While his being tagged isn't a surprise, the offer he turned down was to me. Bell turned down an offer that averaged 14 Million a year for the 1st 3 years. 15 million each of the first 2 years and 12 Million the 3rd year. The deal was for 5 years so I don't know what those last 2 years looked like but from what I've read it seems more than reasonable to me and more than I expected the Steelers to offer. I guess he's sticking to his 15 million dollar demand.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/18/report-rb-leveon-bell-rejects-a-steelers-offer-in-excess-of-12m-per-year/
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably came down to guaranteed $$$...the AAV was $4 mill per than the current highest RB contract in Shady at $8 mill AAV.

Tag him again next year and ride him into the ground if need be...with his injury history and off the field stuff(although he's been good recently), it was a fair offer.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Probably came down to guaranteed $$$...the AAV was $4 mill per than the current highest RB contract in Shady at $8 mill AAV.

Tag him again next year and ride him into the ground if need be...with his injury history and off the field stuff(although he's been good recently), it was a fair offer.

Yep. Tag him next year and let him find out how much he gets as an oft-injured/suspended 28 yo RB. Love him as a player but this irritates me and I saw it coming. The Steelers don't do guarantees. Maybe that's Old School and they need to evolve a bit but they aren't gonna start now with Bell. He is dynamic. Probably the most dynamic RB in the league but I wished he would have been a little more reasonable. Oh well, tag him again. Ben will be gone certainly by then anyway.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does not hold out this year, run the wheels off. The Browns will sign him for $15M per year.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bell Tagged Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
While his being tagged isn't a surprise, the offer he turned down was to me. Bell turned down an offer that averaged 14 Million a year for the 1st 3 years. 15 million each of the first 2 years and 12 Million the 3rd year. The deal was for 5 years so I don't know what those last 2 years looked like but from what I've read it seems more than reasonable to me and more than I expected the Steelers to offer. I guess he's sticking to his 15 million dollar demand.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/18/report-rb-leveon-bell-rejects-a-steelers-offer-in-excess-of-12m-per-year/

If he turned down anything in the neighborhood of 55-60 M for 5 years with 20+M guaranteed, then he is a fool. In 5 years, he'll probably be a shell of what he is now. I know it's too late but I would have upped the guarantee and put a clause in that a drug suspension voids the contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bell Tagged Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

If he turned down anything in the neighborhood of 55-60 M for 5 years with 20+M guaranteed, then he is a fool. In 5 years, he'll probably be a shell of what he is now. I know it's too late but I would have upped the guarantee and put a clause in that a drug suspension voids the contract.

First year was guaranteed so that makes 15 million. I suppose that was the sticking point.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the wheels off this year and then give him the non-exclusive franchise tag next year. If we are going to lose him, we should absolutely get as much as we can, and if he has a good year, some team will bite.

I have a bad feeling we will just let him walk next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport is the only one saying it was 5 years. I've seen multiple sources say it was 3 for 42mil. If this [inappropriate/removed] thinks he's worth more than 14 per he's a moron. Over 6 mil per more than the next RB and you're bitching? Stay out of trouble and healthy and then maybe...
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Ian Rapoport is the only one saying it was 5 years. I've seen multiple sources say it was 3 for 42mil. If this [inappropriate/removed] thinks he's worth more than 14 per he's a moron. Over 6 mil per more than the next RB and you're bitching? Stay out of trouble and healthy and then maybe...

But he said he did it because he didn't want to contribute to the devaluation of the running back position. Rolling Eyes

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:

But he said he did it because he didn't want to contribute to the devaluation of the running back position. Rolling Eyes

Yes, he has apparently achieved altruism. What a crock.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiled kids! That is how I feel when reading comments fans make about players who feel they are worth more than what the team determines. If you're the top at whatever job you do in your everyday life, and it's a dangerous profession that you chose to do, then why would you not try to get paid?

I was the best Water Treatment NCO for my battalion. I expected to be treated like so and respected as the best. There are no hometown discounts in life, period! If you go to a store and you didn't bring enough money, you'll have to put some merchandise back. The store isn't going to be like, you're a steady customer so just take it anyway. So why should I pay for $17.89 with a $20 bill and leave them the change? Makes no sense, right?

You guys love a player when he makes YOU look good in fantasy football, destroys a rival team, sets a record, etc..... fans are sooooo damn selfish and spoiled! Go ask your boss for a raise and see what he/she tells you. Then tell us how you felt afterwards. He was suspended 3 games last year and still almost got 2,000 yards💵💵💵 That is almost unheard of!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Spoiled kids! That is how I feel when reading comments fans make about players who feel they are worth more than what the team determines. If you're the top at whatever job you do in your everyday life, and it's a dangerous profession that you chose to do, then why would you not try to get paid?

I was the best Water Treatment NCO for my battalion. I expected to be treated like so and respected as the best. There are no hometown discounts in life, period! If you go to a store and you didn't bring enough money, you'll have to put some merchandise back. The store isn't going to be like, you're a steady customer so just take it anyway. So why should I pay for $17.89 with a $20 bill and leave them the change? Makes no sense, right?

You guys love a player when he makes YOU look good in fantasy football, destroys a rival team, sets a record, etc..... fans are sooooo damn selfish and spoiled! Go ask your boss for a raise and see what he/she tells you. Then tell us how you felt afterwards. He was suspended 3 games last year and still almost got 2,000 yards💵💵💵 That is almost unheard of!

???

He would be getting 33% more than the current #1 paid RB by AAV...So he would be getting paid accordingly due to him being the best RB in the NFL.

I would venture a guess that most people aren't paid 1/3 more than the 2nd best in their job.

How are we spoiled? We are the people working 9-5 or in some cases like myself working the graveyard shift, on the weekends and holidays to provide for my family.

We understand it's a brutal sport but guess what...Bell has already made what will take me 40 years to make...and he could retire after the 1st year of the contract and still be set for life if he has half a brain.

The players are more than paid for accordingly especially in the superstars area of sports.

Don't drop $600k on 4 cars which you don't need...just a thought.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

You seem to have a soft spot for players with red flags and character issues. You defend them like its your job and youve looked foolish in the past doing so. Like it or not, those have to be taken into account, whether its drafting or (especially) giving out huge paychecks).

Most of us have nothing against paying Bell. Not one person is saying he doesnt deserve to get paid. No one WANTS Bell to leave. But Bell seems to think we should just ignore those red flags. Now, Bell may not be Vontaze Burfict, but Burfict actually gave the Bengals a pretty safe deal. Bell wants $15m+ per year and seemingly a huge amount of guaranteed money.....and he isnt a guy that has earned alot of trust outside of how good he is. He may not be injury PRONE, but he is definitely injured more than you'd like.....and like it or not, his other off field stuff is still concerning unless they change the marijuana policy.

On top of that, whether you or Bell like it, the RB position isnt as valued as it once was. Bell is more valuable because he is a force in every way a RB can be (running, passing, and blocking), but the fact is, he has been injured a little too much and plays a position with a short shelf life, so of course they are worried about giving him a huge contract....and then you add on the off field stuff.

So, while you are 100% right that Steeler fans are spoiled as hell (Ive said it many times myself)....this is not about being spoiled. This about looking at the facts and understanding the situation. Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

You seem to have a soft spot for players with red flags and character issues. You defend them like its your job and youve looked foolish in the past doing so. Like it or not, those have to be taken into account, whether its drafting or (especially) giving out huge paychecks).

Most of us have nothing against paying Bell. Not one person is saying he doesnt deserve to get paid. No one WANTS Bell to leave. But Bell seems to think we should just ignore those red flags. Now, Bell may not be Vontaze Burfict, but Burfict actually gave the Bengals a pretty safe deal. Bell wants $15m+ per year and seemingly a huge amount of guaranteed money.....and he isnt a guy that has earned alot of trust outside of how good he is. He may not be injury PRONE, but he is definitely injured more than you'd like.....and like it or not, his other off field stuff is still concerning unless they change the marijuana policy.

On top of that, whether you or Bell like it, the RB position isnt as valued as it once was. Bell is more valuable because he is a force in every way a RB can be (running, passing, and blocking), but the fact is, he has been injured a little too much and plays a position with a short shelf life, so of course they are worried about giving him a huge contract....and then you add on the off field stuff.

So, while you are 100% right that Steeler fans are spoiled as hell (Ive said it many times myself)....this is not about being spoiled. This about looking at the facts and understanding the situation. Maybe you should do the same.

43m, you've always been here acting like a squeamish lil [inappropriate/removed]! You never have nor never will know me so quit with your silly lil analyzing. You always straddle a fence and try to act intelligent but always fall flat on your face. Just give it up. I stand on ALL on the prospects that I've said would be great for the Steelers: D'onte Hightower, Richard Sherman, Cliff Avril, Mike Wallace, Javon Hargrave, Aaron Donald, Jannoris Jenkins, Mark Ingram, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Dadi Nicholaus, Robert Quinn, Danielle Hunter, Everson Griffen, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, etc...

I also liked DeAndre Brown, Geno Smith, and many other guys who didn't make the NFL or who are barely hanging onto a roster spot. You've always been a coward and I've watched you over the years try to intimidate other posters. You must live a sad little life

The devaluing of the RB is more of something that can't be discussed here rather than lack of talent. The average RB is more valuable to a team than the average QB is. Laughing *sigh* Let me stop or I'll be just like you: petty and inadequate.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the insults or the thread gets locked. Keep it to football. Attack the post not the poster.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: