Joined: 14 Jan 2007
|Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:01 am Post subject: Forum Update
|Forum is getting a major update, make sure your email is updated on your profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 am Post subject: Forum update Reply with quote
I will be updating the forum to a brand new modern software platform before the NFL season starts. The new forum will have a modern look with a responsive mobile design that automatically adjusts to work great on any device and includes a host of exciting new features:
- Improved posting features with automatic embedding of links from services like twitter and youtube.
- An extensive notification system that members can customize to their needs.
- Ignore and like features so you can ignore members you donít want to see and like high-quality posts.
- Detailed profile pages with much more customization and informtaion.
- @member mentions to address specific members in a given topic.
- Improved quoting features so no more mess of quote trees.
- Improved search, private messaging, and much more.
When will the forum transition over to the new software platform?
We are currently in the alpha stages of testing the platform. We are moving to beta testing this week. If the beta test goes well the transition should happen in about a month. The goal is to have everything complete before the NFL season starts.
What do I need to do to get ready for the transition?
Update your profile with a current email address. When the transition happens youíll receive an email to the address in your profile with your temporary password for the new forum platform. You can then setup your account on the new forum platform.
How can I help beta test the new forum?
I enjoy the current forum. What if I donít want to learn a bunch of new features?
Donít worry. All the new features are optional. You can use them all or just the basic posting features. The basic features and structure of the new forum are very similar to this forum. Youíll be comfortable with it in no time at all. Our focus is great football talk and that isnít going to change.