You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gettleman FIRED
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Gettleman FIRED Reply with quote

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-announce-Gettleman-no-longer-general-manager/0002c6ae-e370-4b1a-9af8-50e52943984c

WHATWHATWHATWHAT
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right before the season? Real head scratcher here.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks-Jake Bentley watch
Forever To Thee
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf.....
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 days before training camp, we're going to fire the best GM this franchise has ever had in a critical year.... stupid

If I had to guess, it had to do with Gettlemen probably not wanting to hand out contracts to TD and Olsen. If we now give them big money, I'll lose a lot of faith in the organization.
fretgod99

Uh ... that's unexpected. Something must have gone down.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
panther dude

Dave is really good at his job this is so crazy. He's a little patient for my taste with a team with a title window but wow.
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stunned. Beyond stunned. This is mind-numbingly stupid.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guis whats going on in this thriaqeokag;WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait for training camp, things have been so boaregaWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yesweCAM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we just let the best candidate for this position walk out the door to Buffalo... wtf, great timing Richardson. Bravo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out something logical about this in my head (specifically regarding the timing and letting Beane walk) and the only thing that I can come up with is that perhaps Richardson actually had a favored internal GM candidate that wasn't Brandon Beane. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the guys beneath DG other than the fact that they were all promoted earlier this offseason and that we still don't officially have an assistant GM.

Coworker/Bucs fan made the crack that Beane actually ran the organization and it become abundantly clear that Gettleman didn't know what he was doing after Beane left. I lol'd.

It'd be cool if we could bring in Scot McLoughan, but there's no way squeaky clean JR would go for that one. John Dorsey is also a GM FA. I don't think either of those guys got a fair shake.

Just kind of waiting on the other shoe to drop, specifically to see if we go without an official GM, promote a GM from within, or promote an interim GM from within. I don't think it seems very likely we go outside the organization at this point of the offseason.

fretgod99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some speculation about why Gettleman might have been fired. If you pull back and think about it in retrospect, there were a few moves over the last few years that were curious. There were some obvious, glaring issues (like O-Line depth and DB depth) that either weren't at all addressed or generally neglected. I can't say letting Smith and Williams and Norman go were necessarily the worst decisions (and in fact might have been good business decisions), but the way some of them were done might be the issue. And if Beane did more than we knew, perhaps not having him around was enough for Richardson. But yeah, timing is not ideal. At all.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After marinating on this decision for a few hours, my feelings are that Richardson is a foolhardy, meddling do-gooder that couldn't stand the thought of his clean organization being run by a guy who wasn't afraid to be a -. The thought of our GM refusing to shell out $80M to two running backs simultaneously was just too much for 'ol Jer to stomach.

Ugh.

Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
After marinating on this decision for a few hours, my feelings are that Richardson is a foolhardy, meddling do-gooder that couldn't stand the thought of his clean organization being run by a guy who wasn't afraid to be a -. The thought of our GM refusing to shell out $80M to two running backs simultaneously was just too much for 'ol Jer to stomach.

Ugh.

I expect the "Yes Man" to Jerry will arrive soon. Then we can return to shelling out ludicrous money to declining vets as a show of "loyalty" and we can return to lovely mediocrity.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
fretgod99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:

Ugh.
Not sure where you get that since Richardson has been about the least meddlesome owner imaginable.

MrDrew wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: