You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott Bar Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Thankfully, Godell has shown that the NFL doesn't need an arrest for justice to be served.

I'm torn because I've always thought the NFL should wash their hands of playing arbiter and defer to the courts. But the courts seem bass ackwards in their treatment of both recent EE cases. It's a damned shame all around.
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Was he arrested or charged?

If not then who cares. The only incident that warrants talk is the domestic violence accusation and from the text messages released that seems a farce. Media is the worst.

I was gonna say this in the other thread, but it got locked:

What I find really f'ing amusing is the fact that we can't charge women who lie about being assaulted (even if the lie is found out after the guy is imprisoned on trumped-up charges) because "ZOMG, we can't discourage real victims from coming forward" yet we can make 13-year-old boys who are actually exploited by adult women pay child support for 18+ years because, reasons. Laughing

USA! USA! USA!

Hell, based on the text messages, it's clear Zeke shouldn't even be suspended. The woman's accusation is questionable at best, yet I think we all know which way the NFL is going to lean on this.

Yes because no one ever gets charged for filing a false police report.

The NFL is either going to suspend him or they're not, I'd bet on not since while he has done some questionable things most of it's speculation and shaky at best. Dude's just an immature kid dealing with "Superstarness" until proven otherwise.

She committed perjury by lying in court yet we hardly ever hold such women accountable. 13-year-olds can't consent BTW in my second example, yet we still leave them on the hook for child support should they be literally taken advantage of by female pedos. "Justice" system FTW!

Gmen wrote:
There is photo evidence of a man with a badly mangled nose. There are multiple reports and witnesses that Eliot punched this man in the nose for talking to his girl. Anyone that thinks Eliot is innocent is kidding themselves. Just like Greg Hardy was "innocent" because his victim was a no-show in court. We all know what happened in both cases. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Money talks.

Thankfully, Godell has shown that the NFL doesn't need an arrest for justice to be served.

I missed this one. I was gonna give Zeke the benefit of the doubt because of the less-than-credible testimony from the woman, but now, yeah, suspend him. Even if he wasn't tied to the case in question, he should still be charged and suspended for assaulting this man.

I knew Greg Hardy was guilty from the get-go BTW. Those photos coupled with his on-field skirmishes and Tweets told us everything we needed to know about that piece of garbage. And now he's talked his way out of even CFL teams wanting to go near him, now THAT'S justice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you cut short a potential hall of fame career - just do what Zeke is doing. What is with these snow flakes. Grow up Zeke!
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Mosher‏Verified account @Marcus_Mosher
NFL owners have been pushing for Ezekiel Elliott to get suspended

mike23md on the sig
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I'd like to know their logic behind it.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I'd like to know their logic behind it.

Competitive balance and protecting The Shield
The other owners are trying to sell the squeaky clean image of the NFL to advertisers and Jerry keeps soiling their efforts. Its always about the money and Jerry's Kids latest series of arrests/suspensions is bad for bizness in their view.

The court of public opinion is directly correlated to their income, regardless of what the Law says about innocence / guilt or the burden of proof.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This has only happened once. To Ben Roethlisberger.

This incident kind of lets Goodell off the hook if he does suspend Elliot.

Quote:
The other owners are trying to sell the squeaky clean image of the NFL to advertisers and Jerry keeps soiling their efforts. Its always about the money and Jerry's Kids latest series of arrests/suspensions is bad for bizness in their view.

What owners have Goodell's ears and have shown a willingness to use it to gain a competitive advantage? Hm...
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

This has only happened once. To Ben Roethlisberger.

To be fair, he was serving underage girls drinks at the VERY least. That sounds like a suspendable action under the NFL's Personal Conduct policy.

As does beating up a man who may know something about your potential involvement in an assault on a defenseless woman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Was he arrested or charged?

If not then who cares. The only incident that warrants talk is the domestic violence accusation and from the text messages released that seems a farce. Media is the worst.

I was gonna say this in the other thread, but it got locked:

What I find really f'ing amusing is the fact that we can't charge women who lie about being assaulted (even if the lie is found out after the guy is imprisoned on trumped-up charges) because "ZOMG, we can't discourage real victims from coming forward" yet we can make 13-year-old boys who are actually exploited by adult women pay child support for 18+ years because, reasons. Laughing

USA! USA! USA!

Hell, based on the text messages, it's clear Zeke shouldn't even be suspended. The woman's accusation is questionable at best, yet I think we all know which way the NFL is going to lean on this.

Yes because no one ever gets charged for filing a false police report.

The NFL is either going to suspend him or they're not, I'd bet on not since while he has done some questionable things most of it's speculation and shaky at best. Dude's just an immature kid dealing with "Superstarness" until proven otherwise.

She committed perjury by lying in court yet we hardly ever hold such women accountable. 13-year-olds can't consent BTW in my second example, yet we still leave them on the hook for child support should they be literally taken advantage of by female pedos. "Justice" system FTW!

Gmen wrote:
There is photo evidence of a man with a badly mangled nose. There are multiple reports and witnesses that Eliot punched this man in the nose for talking to his girl. Anyone that thinks Eliot is innocent is kidding themselves. Just like Greg Hardy was "innocent" because his victim was a no-show in court. We all know what happened in both cases. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Money talks.

I missed this one. I was gonna give Zeke the benefit of the doubt because of the less-than-credible testimony from the woman, but now, yeah, suspend him. Even if he wasn't tied to the case in question, he should still be charged and suspended for assaulting this man.

I knew Greg Hardy was guilty from the get-go BTW. Those photos coupled with his on-field skirmishes and Tweets told us everything we needed to know about that piece of garbage. And now he's talked his way out of even CFL teams wanting to go near him, now THAT'S justice.

Your second example isn't relevant to anything going on here, Assuming you're talking about the woman who accused Elliot of beating her...It never went to court.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Cowboys walk into a bar.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Three Cowboys walk into a bar.

And two have to leave because it's over capacity due to all of the TMZ reporters Laughing
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

That suspension will not hold. No chance.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As the anti-Goodell advocate who has never been wrong on a Goodell related topic, it most sure as hell will. If he challenges it, it will ultimately come down to the CBA. Not the facts of the case. And the CBA gives Goodell this power.

He can push it off by challenging it in the courts. That's it.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 and OleXmad, talk football or don't post. This topic isn't an excuse to discuss the justice system in America. Read the forum guidelines. In the NFL News forum we discuss how the news impacts football. Will the player be suspended? How will the Cowboys replace Elliot?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=147739
TheGame316

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

As the anti-Goodell advocate who has never been wrong on a Goodell related topic, it most sure as hell will. If he challenges it, it will ultimately come down to the CBA. Not the facts of the case. And the CBA gives Goodell this power.

He can push it off by challenging it in the courts. That's it.

Exactly... He also likely wouldn't win in the courts either

People need to realize DEFLATEGATE WASN'T ABOUT FOOTBALLS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: