You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott Bar Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
TIL 4.0 YPC is the new 5.0 YPC..

If 4.0 YPC is the bar for a great O-line than your team has one as well since 2 of your RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC last year.

Right.. except you know the guy that got the lions share of the carries for us averaged 3.3 Laughing

The 4.6 McFadden averaged behind your line in 2015 was his highest since 2011 and a full 1.0 higher then the previous 3 years of his career. With total incompetence at Quarterback.

Why are Cowboy fans so hard pressed to give their Oline the credit it's due?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
TIL 4.0 YPC is the new 5.0 YPC..

If 4.0 YPC is the bar for a great O-line than your team has one as well since 2 of your RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC last year.

Right.. except you know the guy that got the lions share of the carries for us averaged 3.3 Laughing

The 4.6 McFadden averaged behind your line in 2015 was his highest since 2011 and a full 1.0 higher then the previous 3 years of his career. With total incompetence at Quarterback.

Why are Cowboy fans so hard pressed to give their Oline the credit it's due?

I did the same thing you just did...played with stats (you using Lance Dunbar's 5 carries in 2015...don't think I didn't catch that !!).

Please...we give our O-line credit. On the contrary, divisional rivals, like yourself, have started using our O-line to discredit anyone on the offense that's playing well.

The running narrative that started after 2014 was that "You can plug and play anyone with that Cowboys O-line".

If true, why did we only have 4 wins in 2015? Why did we suck in short yardage situations with McFadden? When we needed that 3rd down conversion late in games, we couldn't get it with McFadden like we did with Murray or Zeke. So, evidently, the O-line is only part of the equation.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. except I didn't use Dunbar... if I had I would have cited four RB's who averaged over 4.0

McFadden, Randle, Turbin....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Umm.. except I didn't use Dunbar... if I had I would have cited four RB's who averaged over 4.0

Once again, if 4.0 YPC is the new bar for great O-line play, then there are a ton of "great" O-lines in the NFL. If your using 2015 (over 100 carries) here you go:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=RUNNING_BACK&d-447263-s=RUSHING_ATTEMPTS&tabSeq=1&season=2015&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=false&conference=null&qualified=true

Waaaay more great O-lines than we thought. The best RB YPC, with over 100 carries, was Thomas Rawls with Seattle (5.6 YPC). We must concede that SEA had the best O-line of 2015...that's what the stats say. It had nothing to do with Rawls' ability....zilch.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Once again, if 4.0 YPC is the new bar for great O-line play, then there are a ton of "great" O-lines in the NFL. If your using 2015 (over 100 carries) here you go:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=RUNNING_BACK&d-447263-s=RUSHING_ATTEMPTS&tabSeq=1&season=2015&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=false&conference=null&qualified=true

Waaaay more great O-lines than we thought. The best RB YPC, with over 100 carries, was Thomas Rawls with Seattle (5.6 YPC). We must concede that SEA had the best O-line of 2015...that's what the stats say. It had nothing to do with Rawls' ability....zilch.

Sure now how many of those teams lost a pro bowl caliber starting QB for majority of the season..?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_TOTAL_AVERAGE_YDS&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

Bums at QB and still finish 3rd in the league in YPC and 2nd in rushing TD's. Yea 2015 is a total slight on that Oline Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Sure now how many of those teams lost a pro bowl caliber starting QB for majority of the season..?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_TOTAL_AVERAGE_YDS&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

Bums at QB and still finish 3rd in the league in YPC and 2nd in rushing TD's. Yea 2015 is a total slight on that Oline Rolling Eyes

We've been one of the few run-heavy teams since 2014. I think it's safe to say we're going to have more bulk stats in rushing while lacking in passing stats. I'm not going to dig back into the 2015 rushing stats again, but I'd bet we were top-3 (top-5 at worst) in total rushing attempts. If you dig too deep into stats, you'll miss out on why the stats derived that way in the first place.

For instance, if you were to claim that the NYG has a better pass-blocking O-line than Dallas (which, contrary to popular belief was not 'elite' in 2016) based on this:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks/order/false

Who could argue that, especially when Eli had more pass attempts? It couldn't possibly be scheme related, could it??? Don't fret. Your Tuesday night just got better because I officially put to rest your fanbase's fear about building a better O-line. Stats say you're top-3 in pass-blocking, bro!

Alright...it's been fun and we could go back/forth for days. Stats can fill in the gaps here and there, but if you watch the games and how they play out, you get a feel for how the team, as a whole, is playing. Garbage time football can really skew the stats.

I'll respectfully agree to disagree (or disagree to agree, rather) at this juncture.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Dallas will regress this year because that's what they always do after a good season. You can look it up...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/

10 wins, next year 6
13 wins, next season 9
11 wins, next season 6
12 wins, next season 4

Zeke is just doing his part to keep the streak alive

Posted something similar a few weeks back. Not worried about Dallas with or Without Mike Tyson wannabe.

Nabbs4u wrote:
Interesting Statistic on NFL Live

Cowboys after a 10 Win Season
Last 20 years

2015: 4-12 missed Playoffs
2010: 6-10 missed Playoffs
2008: 9-7 missed Playoffs
2004: 6-10 missed Playoffs
1999: 8-8 L, Wild Card
1997: 6-10 missed Playoffs

Arrow Last won 10 GM's in consecutive seasons 91-96

So in essence they suck, can't win 10 GM's consecutively the past Two Decades so the NFCE is really a 3 team Race in 2017. Even though we'll probably sweep NY like they did Dallas last season we'll still end up chasing the Giants most likely.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
Calvert28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Dallas will regress this year because that's what they always do after a good season. You can look it up...

10 wins, next year 6
13 wins, next season 9
11 wins, next season 6
12 wins, next season 4

Posted something similar a few weeks back. Not worried about Dallas with or Without Mike Tyson wannabe.

Nabbs4u wrote:

Last 20 years

So in essence they suck, can't win 10 GM's consecutively the past Two Decades so the NFCE is really a 3 team Race in 2017. Even though we'll probably sweep NY like they did Dallas last season we'll still end up chasing the Giants most likely.

You two better hope not. Cause we've been killing it in the drafting department. And if we pick Top 5 again and have another elite draft like we did in 2016 we may be Super Bowl bound in 2018.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

10 wins, next year 6
13 wins, next season 9
11 wins, next season 6
12 wins, next season 4

Nabbs4u wrote:

Last 20 years

You two better hope not. Cause we've been killing it in the drafting department. And if we pick Top 5 again and have another elite draft like we did in 2016 we may be Super Bowl bound in 2018.

If you guys are picking top 5 it is more than likely because you don't actually have a real QB, in which case, I'm fine with that. Laughing
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he arrested or charged?

If not then who cares. The only incident that warrants talk is the domestic violence accusation and from the text messages released that seems a farce. Media is the worst.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rebecca Lopez of WFAA reports that the investigation will likely be suspended because the police have not been able to find the alleged victim in the case. Per Lopez, the victim gave officers an old address and an incorrect phone number at the time. Other witnesses are reportedly also not cooperating with law enforcement attempts to look into the case."

HaHa, sounds like Jerry's SWAT team is in full swing on the cover-up. Very Happy
My guess is that this one won't end well for Jerry or his favorite Zeke.
Too many loose ends and either TMZ or the League investigators will ferret it out

KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

If not then who cares. The only incident that warrants talk is the domestic violence accusation and from the text messages released that seems a farce. Media is the worst.

I was gonna say this in the other thread, but it got locked:

What I find really f'ing amusing is the fact that we can't charge women who lie about being assaulted (even if the lie is found out after the guy is imprisoned on trumped-up charges) because "ZOMG, we can't discourage real victims from coming forward" yet we can make 13-year-old boys who are actually exploited by adult women pay child support for 18+ years because, reasons. Laughing

USA! USA! USA!

Hell, based on the text messages, it's clear Zeke shouldn't even be suspended. The woman's accusation is questionable at best, yet I think we all know which way the NFL is going to lean on this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a few others (non-Cowboy fans) have stated in this thread....where are the charges and arrests? If a player gets arrested and charged, I say throw the book at him. After that, the league can suspend him. Short of that, who the heck is the NFL to get involved in matters that the law found no issue with? If the justice system and their vast array of tools can't find fault/build a case, then how is the NFL, and their biased group of recreational investigators/lawyers, deemed as a credible judge of justice?

Yeah, yeah..."but if it makes the league look bad, the CBA allows them to do something about it!!!". You know what makes the league look bad? Not letting the local/state justice systems work and, instead, going full-on SJW for the sake of virtue-signaling. Cut it out. Most of the fans just want to watch football without injections of Bob Costa about gun-control, etc.

And the guys talking about back to back season trends? Since Garrett has been the head coach, it's been 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3. Is Garrett a mediocre coach with bad time management skills? You betcha, but Scott Linehan, Marinelli, Stephen Jones and Will McClay have positively impacted the team enough that Garrett's mediocre ineptitude shouldn't result in a worse outcome than 8-8 unless Dak goes down.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

I was gonna say this in the other thread, but it got locked:

What I find really f'ing amusing is the fact that we can't charge women who lie about being assaulted (even if the lie is found out after the guy is imprisoned on trumped-up charges) because "ZOMG, we can't discourage real victims from coming forward" yet we can make 13-year-old boys who are actually exploited by adult women pay child support for 18+ years because, reasons. Laughing

USA! USA! USA!

Hell, based on the text messages, it's clear Zeke shouldn't even be suspended. The woman's accusation is questionable at best, yet I think we all know which way the NFL is going to lean on this.

Yes because no one ever gets charged for filing a false police report.

The NFL is either going to suspend him or they're not, I'd bet on not since while he has done some questionable things most of it's speculation and shaky at best. Dude's just an immature kid dealing with "Superstarness" until proven otherwise.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is photo evidence of a man with a badly mangled nose. There are multiple reports and witnesses that Eliot punched this man in the nose for talking to his girl. Anyone that thinks Eliot is innocent is kidding themselves. Just like Greg Hardy was "innocent" because his victim was a no-show in court. We all know what happened in both cases. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Money talks.

Thankfully, Godell has shown that the NFL doesn't need an arrest for justice to be served.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: