You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BRS (Battered Redskins Syndrome) Support Group

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: BRS (Battered Redskins Syndrome) Support Group Reply with quote

Many of the Last holdouts are seeing the light now that Cousins wasn't offered a reasonable contract to be the QB f the team. The ownership malpractice continues unabated.

Since 1999 we have seen our friends and loved ones (and ourselves) suffer under the terrible ownership of Danny Snyder. He is at or within the top three all time worst major sports owners already (he's got a few more years to see if he can eclipse Donald Sterling formerly of the NBA).

The BRS Support group is a safe space= where we can come together, express our inner most feelings and work through them.

Hi my name is Doc and I suffer from BRS. I have been in recovery since 2006 and its a constant daily struggle. Using the Doc Draper University patented 6 step recovery framework has helped me to see clearly and to resist the unhealthy temptation to Hope and Spend money that goes to Lil Danny. There are lots of better ways to spend your money Smile

The first stage is Hope- Hope is the "fools gold" that every conman counts on his customers having. Hope for improvement, hope for success, hope for a Super Bowl and a return to the Redskins glorious dynasty decades of success. Its not going to happen. Just say No (to hope) as its the first stage to recovery.

Once you begin to see through the fog of the endless PR, the endless drama, marketing spin, newest player acquisition, newest coaches etc.. you may get Angry (stage 2)

Using this personal development exercise will help you to articulate and validate your feelings. You will see that far from being alone- there are many many other people who also suffer from BRS.

http://www.ranker.com/list/worst-nfl-team-owners-of-all-time/ranker-nfl

After completing this personal development exercise its not unusual for BRS suffers to get a feel of peace and contentment. But recognize you are only at the beginning of a lifelong (at least until Danny sells the team) BRS recovery.

There are many temptations out there with the endless marketing and media hype that can tempt BRS suffers to relapse into doing very stupid things like buying tickets to preseason games, regular season games, buying redskins clothing and even more risky is watching Larry Michaels (aka Chief of Propaganda) Redskins show. Put this show on the banned list from your remote control.

There is hope- hope for recovery for all that suffer BRS. Its a terrible condition, one created by only one person. You too can recover if you work hard.

Coffee and doughnuts at the table in the back

Doc out

<edited by Thai - please PM me>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BRS started in 93, the year Gibbs retired and we haven't really recovered since. The BRS predates Snyder.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty apathetic at this point. I'd be more upset if my primary fantasy team crapped the bed then I would be if the Redskins went 5-11 for the umpteenth time.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
I'm pretty apathetic at this point. I'd be more upset if my primary fantasy team crapped the bed then I would be if the Redskins went 5-11 for the umpteenth time.
Only year I remember us going 5-11 was when Grossman was the qb and Spurier had his 5-11 rant of it not being that great. Most of the time we've gone 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, 6-10 or 4-12 but I get your point. It's like my dad says, he never gets a check fromthe redskins in the mail so why be so upset when they lose.

Looking at our Redskins records over the year, they're really not that great except in the 70s & 80s:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/redskins

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont find myself caring anymore.

Its like Bruce is in the mode of "Oh, you still like and have hope for this team? Ill fix that."

Doubt Im checking out many games this season. Less we get on a losing hot streak and look due a top pick.
Just planning on doubling my college ball intake till then.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Tired of being a losing team Reply with quote

It's been over 26 years since the Skins brought home a championship. I believe almost every other team in the league has at least been to one of the two conferences championships. It's depressing when you think that we have four professional teams in the four major sports leagues and can only count 1 championship with the Bullets/Wizards, 5 with the Skins and two of them came in the late 30s and early 40s and no championships for either the Nationals or Capitals!! I'm so tired of being a fan of the Redskins and constantly being let down. I stop attending games after 2012 and I haven't bought one team related item since Gibb's second run! If Snyder can't produce a winner then he doesn't need to receive any of my money! The constant lies and power grabs is simply pathetic! You let Allen run out a superb GM and you can't even figure out how to retain long term the best QB we've had since Rypien! If you want to build a true professional team, you need to get ride of Butt kissing Allen, put Doug in charge, let them build the team without any interference and we just might build something here! The great Jack Kent Cooke let Bobby and Joe run things and he ended up with multiple appearances and championships in a 10 year period: 5 NFC Conference Championship appearances, 4 times winning them, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 times winning them. Look at history and you'll find out meddling owners don't win! Look at the arch enemies, the Dallas Cowboys! When Jerry had Jimmy he was winning Superbowls. Once his ego took over he won one only cause it was the team Jimmy built. Since then you've been a dumpster fire like us. Food for thought.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tired of being a losing team Reply with quote

Cavalier wrote:
It's been over 26 years since the Skins brought home a championship. I believe almost every other team in the league has at least been to one of the two conferences championships. It's depressing when you think that we have four professional teams in the four major sports leagues and can only count 1 championship with the Bullets/Wizards, 5 with the Skins and two of them came in the late 30s and early 40s and no championships for either the Nationals or Capitals!! I'm so tired of being a fan of the Redskins and constantly being let down. I stop attending games after 2012 and I haven't bought one team related item since Gibb's second run! If Snyder can't produce a winner then he doesn't need to receive any of my money! The constant lies and power grabs is simply pathetic! You let Allen run out a superb GM and you can't even figure out how to retain long term the best QB we've had since Rypien! If you want to build a true professional team, you need to get ride of Butt kissing Allen, put Doug in charge, let them build the team without any interference and we just might build something here! The great Jack Kent Cooke let Bobby and Joe run things and he ended up with multiple appearances and championships in a 10 year period: 5 NFC Conference Championship appearances, 4 times winning them, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 times winning them. Look at history and you'll find out meddling owners don't win! Look at the arch enemies, the Dallas Cowboys! When Jerry had Jimmy he was winning Superbowls. Once his ego took over he won one only cause it was the team Jimmy built. Since then you've been a dumpster fire like us. Food for thought.

Welcome Cavalier! You have bravely taken the first step to recover from BRS. Now be on guard because the Redskins are great at selling Fools Gold of hope.

Watch from the sidelines as the trashing of KURT Cousins continues all year lol Long and resist falling for the BS. I expect after training camp starts stories will leak how he's not dedicated, having trouble adapting to new receivers, maybe it was Garçon and DJax who made this "system quarterback" successful. The 24 m has made him gunshy where he doesn't want to take hits, colt is outplaying him, the team is divided on who should start and on and on and on.

Committ and stay vigilant not to spend one penny that would go to Don Snyder and encourage all your friends to never attend a game in person or buy any Refskins materials until Don sells the team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Its like Bruce is in the mode of "Oh, you still like and have hope for this team? Ill fix that."

Doubt Im checking out many games this season. Less we get on a losing hot streak and look due a top pick.

Miami winning the Natty this year will definitely be a good substitute for the Redskins.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Miami winning the Natty this year will definitely be a good substitute for the Redskins.

Dont care if LSU goes 6-6. Just so overly excited that Les if finally gone. (headache much like Allen, so I was getting a double dose with both of them runnin around)

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yep. I stopped caring about the NFL after feeling ashamed for being a fan for decades then getting jerked around by snyde
Went out and found this fun thing called Life to go do...

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tired of being a losing team Reply with quote

Cavalier wrote:
It's been over 26 years since the Skins brought home a championship. I believe almost every other team in the league has at least been to one of the two conferences championships.

Well, the Bengals, Browns, Lions and Texans haven't made a conference championship since the Redskins last hoisted a Lombardi. Though, to be fair, the Dolphins just barely get by (they lost the conference championship in 1992), and it's been a heck of a long time for the Bills and Chiefs as well (they both last played in a conference championship 1993).

Still, that's not the best company to be with. Anxious

Quote:
It's depressing when you think that we have four professional teams in the four major sports leagues and can only count 1 championship with the Bullets/Wizards, 5 with the Skins and two of them came in the late 30s and early 40s and no championships for either the Nationals or Capitals!!

To be fair to the Nationals, they've only been in town since 2005, and they were a seriously pathetic franchise for their first four or five seasons given that the Expos were a major league franchise in name only at the end.

Quote:
I'm so tired of being a fan of the Redskins and constantly being let down.

I think we can all respect that feeling.

Quote:
I stop attending games after 2012 and I haven't bought one team related item since Gibb's second run! If Snyder can't produce a winner then he doesn't need to receive any of my money! The constant lies and power grabs is simply pathetic! You let Allen run out a superb GM and you can't even figure out how to retain long term the best QB we've had since Rypien! If you want to build a true professional team, you need to get ride of Butt kissing Allen, put Doug in charge, let them build the team without any interference and we just might build something here!

I'm in total agreement except with the bolded. I'm not against giving Doug Williams total control, but I'd want to see us pick the best GM. Unfortunately, given Snyder's reputation, I suspect we won't get the best of the best.

Quote:
The great Jack Kent Cooke let Bobby and Joe run things and he ended up with multiple appearances and championships in a 10 year period: 5 NFC Conference Championship appearances, 4 times winning them, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 times winning them. Look at history and you'll find out meddling owners don't win! Look at the arch enemies, the Dallas Cowboys! When Jerry had Jimmy he was winning Superbowls. Once his ego took over he won one only cause it was the team Jimmy built. Since then you've been a dumpster fire like us. Food for thought.

Only difference:
Jerry Jones - 74
Dan Snyder - 52

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: