You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical: Calvin Johnson to the Raiders?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you want Megatron in Silver and Black?
No. He is not much of an upgrade over what we have/cost too much.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Yes. He would be an awesome addition to our O.
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical: Calvin Johnson to the Raiders? Reply with quote

We all know Calvin Johnson made a "celebrity appearance" the other month at Raiders OTAs. It's been noted how much he loves Carr and Downing, as well as him recently being vocal about how playing on a team that didn't have a shot at the SB in Detroit playing a part in him retiring. Ex-Raider Napoleon Kaufman also tweeted this yesterday:
Quote:
@napoleonkaufman

Magatron.....Hmmm #RaiderNation

Quote:
@napoleonkaufman

I hear whispers, I hear Megatron whispers.....whispers in the air. 👀 #RAIDERNATION

Not to say "Calvin is coming to Oakland!!!!" but for the fun of it... if Calvin Johnson did pull a Lynch and un-retired tomorrow, would you want the Raiders to go after him similarly to how we got Lynch? Detroit still owns his rights and are somewhat strapped for cap space apparently (~$6M?). If he came back, Detroit would be on the hook for ~$21M as someone pointed out in the Gen section. They would have to release or trade him, just like Seattle with Lynch.

Would you want Calvin Johnson in a Raider Uni next season? If yes, how much would you be willing to trade to Detroit. What newly negotiated contract would you hope to give him? Consider he is now 31 years old and has had health issues in the past.

All hypothetical fun of course.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him 3 years, 24 million fully guaranteed and trade a 3rd for him. Forget age, even a limited Calvin Johnson is a top 15 receiver.

All hypothetical of course, but it would create a superbowl window for sure.

In the redzone, it would be over. You'd have to double him or else Carr would throw him a million fades and he could easily reach 10+ touchdowns. That would open up the run game in the redzone as well.

It's the same reason I think if Carr had AJ Green instead of Amari, even though Amari will continue to grow into a tremendous player and obviously is only 23, Green could have 1500 yards and 12+ td's every season. Carr just loves those 50 50 balls and deep throws down the field.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
BABYLON 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what type of contract I would give them, but I will welcomed him with open arms please please football gods make this happen Pray

Sig by BenderRodriguez
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know calvin is the type of talent to make you go "i dont care who fits where, you bring him on board first and ask questions later"

but then anytime we run a 2 receiver set, we're wasting talent... and who mans the slot? i know cooper is shifty and all, but he's an outside receiver first.

but its moot, calvin already said he's not coming back, so i wouldnt waste too much time thinkin this through
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
i know calvin is the type of talent to make you go "i dont care who fits where, you bring him on board first and ask questions later"

but then anytime we run a 2 receiver set, we're wasting talent... and who mans the slot? i know cooper is shifty and all, but he's an outside receiver first.

but its moot, calvin already said he's not coming back, so i wouldnt waste too much time thinkin this through

Marshawn said that too...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme, yes I'll take him but doubt we'd give up more than a 4th/5th. Detroit might trade him to a rival (ours) just so he'd stay retired. Detroit is better without him and we'd be better with him.

EDIT: I was just thinking why would other teams like Seattle and Lions want to help us be SB contenders...
Because we would knock the Pats out and any NFC team would rather deal with a green just powerful Offense rather than Bill and Tommy B team that has to be extremely confident after last season's SB comeback.
They're (NFC) not thinking they are helping us as much as trying to disrupt the Pats rein. It's actually a good plan and lions should give us a pick and Calvin for being so disruptive... Twisted Evil

Last edited by G on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:

Cooper could easily run the slot. With Calvin on the outside taking double teams Cooper would be a nightmare for teams inside. And then to have Crabtree as the 3 option, with Marshawn, Richard, or Washington in the backfield. Goodnight. Not to mention Cook. Our offense would be so much fun to watch.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys know where I stand on this. I would give him a 2 year deal based on his age and arthritic knee and give up a 6th. Det. can't do much with him considering he wont play for them so something is better than nothing.

Having Tron, even at 90 percent of what he was 2 years ago is still a massive upgrade for our WR's. He would still command a double as the X, Crabs would be a solid possession Wr still as the #2 and Cooper in the slot would be a matchup nightmare for just about every nickel CB in the NFL. I feel that Cooper would benefit the most out of any WR on the team by adding Tron and I could see Cooper having his best season yet with well over 100 receptions, 1200 yards and 8 Td's.

Props to Uncle Buck for the pimpin sig
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Calvin returns to even 80%, we're talkin GOAT level kind of offense here. Carr, our OL, Lynch/Richard/Wash, and Calvin/Crabtree with Cooper in the slot...? Good luck stopping that. Seriously, good luck.

I'd give up a 6th but if he looks in tip top shape and really really adamant about playing for us I might do a 4th. Even with a 4th it could go down as one of the greatest trades ever if he has 1200 yards and we win the Super Bowl.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 5th and Roberts.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Reg it's time to right a hilariously bad wrong lol

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up a conditional 5th that could go as high as a third depending on player and team success. Do we really NEED Calvin? No... But boy would it make this offense potentially all time great, and with our defense loading up as much as possible isn't a bad plan of attack. We would obviously have to redo his deal, but I'd give him 8-10 million a year with most of the guarantees paid in the first year or two.

And with Coop, Crab, and even Patterson we could rotate him and all the wide outs to keep him fresh. He wouldn't have to be relied on as the top guy for an entire season. Megatron on limited reps wpuld still be such a nightmare for teams to deal with.

I doubt it happens, but it's fun to think about. The idea of a packages with Coop in the slot, Crab and CJ on the outside with Lynch in the backfield with a QB as good as Carr is just ridiculous. Defenses would be stretched so thin. Has any team ever had 3 thousand yard receivers lol?

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
I'd give up a conditional 5th that could go as high as a third depending on player and team success. Do we really NEED Calvin? No... But boy would it make this offense potentially all time great, and with our defense loading up as much as possible isn't a bad plan of attack. We would obviously have to redo his deal, but I'd give him 8-10 million a year with most of the guarantees paid in the first year or two.

And with Coop, Crab, and even Patterson we could rotate him and all the wide outs to keep him fresh. He wouldn't have to be relied on as the top guy for an entire season. Megatron on limited reps wpuld still be such a nightmare for teams to deal with.

I doubt it happens, but it's fun to think about. The idea of a packages with Coop in the slot, Crab and CJ on the outside with Lynch in the backfield with a QB as good as Carr is just ridiculous. Defenses would be stretched so thin. Has any team ever had 3 thousand yard receivers lol?

2004 Colts and 2008 Cardinals off the top of my head.. sure there's more though.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:

Seem to remember the Redskins doing it with Clark, Sanders and Monk.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yeah I'd bring him in -- as long as it doesn't affect us paying Khalil Mack next year.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: