You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott possible suspension? (Update pg 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGame316

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deflategate wasn't about Footballs.....
acowboys62

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, 6 games...is this serious?
quiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all just speculation at this point by every one as we are not privy to the Police investigation and what evidence the league looked at.

Still my thoughts...

Police investigated... NO charges, now the phone issue who knows, if he got rid of a phone after the event and before the police "investigated" then yeah that is a major problem. Unless the investigation was like 10-12 months after the fact then sure he shouldn't be expected to have his "old" phone. I am poor and change phones every year and half, if i had money every year. But if it was one month, three months... it can get tricky.

MY main worry and concern ... I can not remember a 6 week suspension for a first time event that didn't even warrant charges by the police.

I would hope by using precedence this would be decreased to two to four games at the very least in appeal. last year no one was suspended for more then 2 games on conduct police.. in reviewing the 2015 hardy suspension (he was convicted in a bench trial), it was reduced from 10 to 4 by appeal, of note here is the conviction was overturned later.

In reviewing the Hardy case the report at that time said a base line of 6 games for abuse so that is why the suspension was reduced .... that means they basically tried and convicted Elliot and sentenced him to the MAX on a case the police found no evidence to continue.

I say two things... COWBOYS.. and HIGH profile player. Scrub who barely makes the 53 man roster, league probably never even reviews the case IMO
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ezekiel Elliott possible suspension? (Update pg 2) Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
As we all know this ridiculous case is still open. Well anyways lots of rumors swirling around the last 2 days about a suspension coming.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/885605632119717888

^ seems not credible but worth posting I guess...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20039505

Quote:
Growing sense Elliott faces short suspension Adam Schefter is hearing that while the investigation is still ongoing, Ezekiel Elliott is bracing for a short suspension stemming back to his alleged domestic violence incident in 2016.

^ Adam Schefter on ESPN seems more credible

Anyways, just wanted to get a thread going on this...I'll be mad at any suspension, but if there is one it better not be for more than 1/2 games tops...

It is official 6 games, just came over the internet.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm furious

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828687/article/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-suggests-nfl-learned-critical-lesson

This lady is basically saying that because the NFL screwed up with the Rice case, that this ban is starting to make up for that.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: